Pregnancy, preemies, cancer, depression, BED... now 75 lbs down

8uvdad06b9af.png
I had a hard couple years...Infertility, then the blessing of two back to back pregnancies, both of which had complications and both of which were born prematurely. My firstborn was diagnosed with cancer during my second pregnancy, and she was born while he was still in treatment. Months in the hospital, living off convenience foods, and only caring that my kids survived.... I wasn't even on the radar of caring about myself, and it wasn't even the wrong decision at the time, it was survival. But as the dust settled, it was time to care. Multiple mental health battles that I didn't know I was fighting were brought to light- OCD, anxiety, PTSD, depression, binge eating... And the physical side wasn't much better. My BMI was 44 making me "morbidly obese" and i was struggling to keep up the busy and active lifestyle that we love. I started trying to look at myself the same way I look at my kids. I deserve to be healthy, to feel good, and even to like how I look. My goal all along has been to get into a "healthy" range for weight/BMI. I am 5 foot tall if I stand real straight, so the goal seemed lofty at the time. I was sitting at 236 after having my daughter, and I needed to lose at least 100 lbs. July 9th 2018 was day one, and I've never looked back. I've struggled, I've backslid, but I've never stopped pushing or fighting to be my best self. I'm 75 lbs down which feels like a huge milestone, and I wanted to celebrate with you all because I know many of you know the feeling. Looking at a candid photo without cringing, wearing something besides yoga pants, not avoiding mirrors, and keeping up the life I want. It feels pretty dang good, and I'm not even "there" yet. But I will be, I have changed so much mentally that there is no stopping me now! If this is day one for you, or if you're already on a journey but struggling, know that you're worth it, and you can do it. You are in control of everything you put into your body and everything you do with your body- treat yourself well, the rest will follow.

Replies

• bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,305 Member
    Wow. Many, many hugs to you for all you have been through. Congratulations on 75 lbs lost!!!
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Congratulations, you look great! You're unstoppable. Hope your little ones are well. <3
  • sunnyhike58
    sunnyhike58 Posts: 13 Member
    <3 you're a warrior, mama!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Huge accomplishment. Congratulations. Not an easy task to take the step you took. You are an achiever. Good luck with everything in your life.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    None of that is easy, and yet you faced it all. Congratulations for setting your priorities :heart: You're right, it's time for you!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Very inspiring!
  • Thank you all for the encouragement! Some days it's hard and some days it's the easiest decision I've ever made. Choosing my own health so I can be the mom and person that I know I need to be! It's worth it!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Definitely superwoman congrats on your accomplishments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!