Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Kitchen layout and weight loss

2»

Replies

• I actually utilize what a lot of people consider dangerous snacky foods in my diet (I can't eat strawberries so I have Rice Krispie bars instead) and I keep the things like the aforementioned bars in the pantry, where I have to go into the pantry proper and get them, as opposed to reaching them from the door. And the little cups of ice cream live in the garage freezer, so they don't tempt anyone when they're just getting some ice for their tea. So I have to think about it and make a special trip for these, and that lets me just make sure that's really how I want to spend those calories.

It's a lot easier to face cooking with a clean kitchen, that's for sure. Usually I do dishes after I cook a meal, though if lunch was something simple like the hot beef sandwiches today, I let the three plates, cookie sheet, flat turner, and slotted spoon wait and wash them with dinner. I had to soak the crock-pot liner anyway. But in that case I make sure to wash it all up before bed, because I can face a counter full of clean dishes needing put away better than I face a mountain of dirty ones.

I have to cook for us, though, as we have numerous food sensitivities/intolerances/allergies, and it's just cheaper and better food if I make it at home.