What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Cheese because I can't have dairy. Feta, parmesan, gruyere, Sequatchie blue. Good thing I can still have wine and potato chips.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    My recent obsession: Ezekiel bread products. I have no idea why in the heckity-heck it took me so long to try this brand but here we are. The bread is wheaty and filling and toasts spectacularly while being low enough gluten to not give me a stomach ache and the tortillas are good too… The English muffins aren’t “authentic” as far as EMs go but they still taste great and make lovely small sandwiches. Bible Bread as I lovingly call it is now a staple in my house lol

I have not had bread in years and just discovered I can eat Ezekiel bread 😋 I am with you on this! I missed my peanut butter and jelly!!
    My recent obsession: Ezekiel bread products. I have no idea why in the heckity-heck it took me so long to try this brand but here we are. The bread is wheaty and filling and toasts spectacularly while being low enough gluten to not give me a stomach ache and the tortillas are good too… The English muffins aren’t “authentic” as far as EMs go but they still taste great and make lovely small sandwiches. Bible Bread as I lovingly call it is now a staple in my house lol

Agreeing with @VegjoyP and @o0Firekeeper0o !! Ezekial bread! 🍞
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sugar free Popsicles and sugar free fudge bars. Stores can't seem to keep the Popsicles in stock 😕 I guess there not just my favorite.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,417 Member
    Lidl baby focaccia buns, topped with a piece of Swiss and chopped fancy ham, broiled til bubbling.

About 425 calories. Sooooooo good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2021
    gy0noi0firf0.png

These are soooo good and have such a thick coating of spices. All the flavors are amazing.
    lzdbxjlevkxb.png
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 60 Member
    I bought a Walnut Cookie Butter at the store the other day and I could just sit and eat it with a spoon. It's 30 calories less than the peanut butter I'd normally go for and I've eaten it on toast for the last two mornings because I love it so much.
  • kroderick
    kroderick Posts: 46 Member
    Ratio vanilla yogurt with just a handful of blueberries. Yum!
  • goldenxbeauty
    goldenxbeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Homemade smokey mountain pork chops

Oven roasted orange peppers and zucchini with garlic aioli
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    enmyzuhjgwku.png

It's really difficult to have just one!
  • Healthy homemade smoothies.
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2021
    Umami flavors. Particularly miso, marmite, soy sauce, granulated mushroom seasoning and nutritional yeast.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Grape Nuts
    Yummmm I forgot how much I love those! Now I have a craving!

I have them every morning! Very healthy and very tasty :)

Talk to me about Grape Nuts, lol. I've been wanting to try them because it looks good but they are a little on the higher calorie side. My favorite cereal is Fiber One original.

Are Grape Nuts filling and keep you full for a while?

No doubt man! Ask and you shall receive the great grape nut knowledge.

Paired with some fruits like blueberries and my personal choice of unsweetened oat milk, it's quite healthy, tasty and filling to enjoy each morning. Most important however though are the nutritional benefits. I sound like a robotic advertisement right now lol but I find all this stuff quite interesting.

In a box of grape nuts there are 10 specified servings, each serving one 1/2 cup. One serving has 200 calories, 7g of fiber (1g soluble, 6g insoluble), 6g of protein and a small amount of sugar (5g, no added sugars). There is a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats. The milk I drink also has monounsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, as well as no sugars and a good amount of calcium and vitamins. Speaking of vitamins/minerals, one serving of grape nuts is 90% of your daily iron, 80% vitamin b6, 40% thiamin, 90% folate (folic acid), 30% zinc, 10% magnesium, 20% phosphorus, 45% niacin, as well as a small amount of potassium and riboflavin.

A quick google of Fiber One Original shows one 1/2 cup to contain 60 calories, a small amount of polyunsaturated fat (healthy fat) and no unhealthy fats, 14 grams of fiber (1g soluble and 13g insoluble), no sugar and 2g of protein. Of the vitamins/minerals it shares with grape nuts, it has 25% of your daily iron, 25% vitamin b6, 25% thiamin, 25% folate (folic acid), 25% zinc, 4% magnesium, 6% phosphorus as well as 25% niacin. All of these are substantially lower than what grape nuts offers in the same serving size. However, Fiber One Original also offers 10% vitamin c, 10% calcium, 25% riboflavin, 25% vitamin b12, as well as more than twice the amount of insoluble fiber and no sugar, whereas Grape Nuts has 5g of sugar.

I think there would be benefits to both cereals, or even mixing them, however I would personally go with grape nuts due to my own body's digestion and needs. I already have a fiber-rich diet so I think it would be too much fiber for me to eat fiber one and not enough calories. Plus the milk I drink provides most of the vitamins that fiber one cereal does and in superior amounts (100% vitamin b12 and 35% calcium for instance).

Personally, I eat quite a plain diet with very minimal sugar so my taste buds don't require a lot to derive enjoyment from food. I know other people have different preferences with their food. If you try grape nuts and don't like them as much, I would recommend mixing another cereal with grape nuts in order to reap the benefits whilst improving the taste/texture to cater your needs, but honestly for me, it's perfect as is. The milk and fruit yield enough flavor enhancement and the grape nuts are dense, filling and go a LONG way. For me, a box would last generally around 10 days, just as the serving size dictates.

And that concludes my robotic talk... about the grape nuts B)

Well I finally tried Grape Nuts yesterday and I love it! I added water to it, nuked it in the microwave for a few seconds so it absorbed it and got mushy, then topped it with monk fruit sweetener (yes, I'm a little odd sometimes, lol). It was great! I'm adding it to my rotations. And although a serving looks pretty small in the cup, you're right it is indeed filling. :smiley:

My favorite way to eat them is sprinkle a tablespoon or two on my regular cereal or oatmeal or yogurt and fruit. Gives you something to chew, and keeps me full longer than without it.
  • azuki
    azuki Posts: 38 Member
    sashimi has been my jam lately. that with kabocha tempura and miso soup
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    azuki wrote: »

om...I could join you quite easily in your obsession...
  • springlering62
    azuki wrote: »

Discovered the local Thai/Sushi restaurant has a “box lunch special” that is great value and includes soup of choice (including Tom Kha Kai!!!), sashimi, sushi, teriyaki beef and grilled vegetables, puddle of wasabi, pickled ginger, and this amazing chopped cucumber and fruit salad, a generous lacquered box of nom for a very acceptable (appx) 938 calories and $15.

I’m trying to figure out how often I can convince my friend to go back, because although I’m obsessed, the plan is to try a different place each week.

Next week is vegetarian indian, though, and they have a great tandoori paneer. Paneer is my other recent obsession.

But ohhhhhhh, that box lunch special place is on my walking route. I have to pass the place a minimum of four times a day. And to make it worse, every afternoon they leave a plate of fresh food and incense burning on their back porch rail for a spirit.
  • springlering62
    I am NOT obsessed with Walden Farms seafood cocktail sauce.

Ugh. Yuck. Blech.

Their other products are so good. 😢
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I am NOT obsessed with Walden Farms seafood cocktail sauce.

Ugh. Yuck. Blech.

Their other products are so good. 😢

Yuck. The bacon ranch is also disgusting. And the ranch. And the peanut butter.

Loveeee their Italian balsamic honey Dijon pancake syrup ginger dressing Asian though.
  • Misoisprettycool
    Misoisprettycool Posts: 3 Member
    Steel Cut Oats
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Watermelon with tajin!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Still eating my mini cucumbers with shaved parm and salt. I also recently found Salted Caramel Brownie Oreos and they are amazing.