What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Help!

We had dinner at a local Colombian restaurant last night. They do true Colombian, versus the Tex Mex style that our other local Colombian does. Think roast chicken with raspberry sauce, paellas, salmon strew, brisket slow cooked in potatoes and tomatoes. Lots of fresh vegetables on the side.

Our salad was an chickpea salad with chopped carrots, cilantro (may have been parsley) and chopped onion.

It was FABULOUS. I asked for a takeout portion to bring home to try to figure out what’s in it.

I’ve spent an hour googling and the only recipes I can find call for a minimum of 6tbsp olive oil. I ran my finger around the dish after I finished eating it and didn’t feel any oil, nor see any when I tilted the plate looking for tell tale oil spots.

It had a lovely, slightly salty taste. I didn’t think it tasted lemony, but can’t think what else they may have dressed it with. Definitively not a tahini sauce like some recipes I spotted.

Any suggestions?

This stuff is like crack and I have to have it in my life.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Help!

We had dinner at a local Colombian restaurant last night. They do true Colombian, versus the Tex Mex style that our other local Colombian does. Think roast chicken with raspberry sauce, paellas, salmon strew, brisket slow cooked in potatoes and tomatoes. Lots of fresh vegetables on the side.

Our salad was an chickpea salad with chopped carrots, cilantro (may have been parsley) and chopped onion.

It was FABULOUS. I asked for a takeout portion to bring home to try to figure out what’s in it.

I’ve spent an hour googling and the only recipes I can find call for a minimum of 6tbsp olive oil. I ran my finger around the dish after I finished eating it and didn’t feel any oil, nor see any when I tilted the plate looking for tell tale oil spots.

It had a lovely, slightly salty taste. I didn’t think it tasted lemony, but can’t think what else they may have dressed it with. Definitively not a tahini sauce like some recipes I spotted.

Any suggestions?

This stuff is like crack and I have to have it in my life.

I can’t think of anything (lemon was my first guess), but did you try calling the restaurant and asking what they specifically use to dress it?
  • springlering62
    I’m going to order some for takeout and see if I can get them to divulge. Tiny tiny family restaurant, reservation only, just seven tables. I have a feeling they may hold this close to the vest. At least they’re only a block away and it’s a side, so I won’t go broke like I would indulging in their roasted raspberry chicken or stewed brisket.

We are just venturing back out to the “nicer” restaurants. 😇
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Help!

Oh geeze, now I need to find a Columbian place… That all sounds amazing.
    RE your chickpea salad, I wonder if it’s one of those recipes like Italian bolognese, or Swedish meatballs, etc, where it’s called something overall but every family does it a little differently?
  • KobiHensley
    KobiHensley Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2022
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Eat Me Guilt Free Protein Brownies; specifically the chocolate brownie, chocolate peanut butter bliss brownie, and chocolate hazelnut brownie flavors. I have one with a glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk almost every night after dinner. 180 calories for 22g of protein with only 7g of carbs, 4g of sugar, and 6g of fat. No other protein brownie has come close to these for me. They taste even better when you microwave them for 15 seconds.

I bought single ones from netrition at $2.99. Wanted to try them before ordering a whole box.

• pinelandwoman
    pinelandwoman Posts: 3 Member
    I have a hankering for spinach, cooked spinach with garlic....oooof!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    v07cd7ruan24.png
    My fav non dairy cheese slices. LOVE the smoky campfire flavor.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited March 2022
    SANA burritos are good!
  • VegjoyP
    Old fashioned gluten free over oatmeal with Lakanto Powdered Peanut butter
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Popcorn! Especially the pre-made kind that’s magically like 40 calories a cup. It’s a perfect snack and you can have so much for so few calories!
  • VegjoyP
    Tofu, tsp each of- chocolate greens superfood, Dr. Murray seed plant protein, NOW pea protein. Cinnamon, cocoa power, sunflower lechithin granules and topped with reduced fat unsweetened shredded coconut 🥥 ♥️
    7olaue6a7ww4.jpg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Breakfast. I have suddenly become a breakfast lover who can’t make it through the day without one.
  • springlering62
    edited April 2022
    Chocolate cake batter protein pancakes, with a lick of cream cheese, zero cal chocolate syrup and (drum roll) watery cherry preserves that make an excellent syrup. It’s like having Black Forest torte for breakfast and I am obsessed.

I can’t believe two little dribbles of cherry can make such a difference in my happiness quotient.
  • VegjoyP
    Ginger sesame miso and tahini
  • Noreenmarie1234
    l4732bypvdnf.png
    Been obsessed with making tacos with this. Had them every day for past 2 weeks :D .

And this salsa....
    rxfrre7tk7me.png
    Already went through 4 jars since I got hooked!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2022
    h269l8ekzy2o.jpeg
    Also thesekv57zb732z8v.png

They are even even better than the regular ones!! They have such a great ranch flavor that reminds me a little more of sour cream and onion. Just DELICIOUS in hot sauce. The breading is a little different than the regular morning star ones as well. It is a little tangy and crispier. 10/10
  • springlering62
    @Noreenmarie1234
    If you have a Lidl nearby, they have a really good store brand pineapple salsa. Their cowboy caviar is great, too- full of black beans and corn kernels. They’ve got either six or eight store brand flavors, including a green one.
  • springlering62
    I was trying to use up some exotic spices brought back from a precovid trip. Seasoned chicken with Khemeli Suneli seasoning and grilled it.

Happened to chop some up and put it on a toasted croissant.

OMG. The combination of weird unfamiliar spices and buttery flaky croissant is to die for!!!!
  • geepeejo
    geepeejo Posts: 1 Member
    Porridge with peanut butter stirred in :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    geepeejo wrote: »
    Porridge with peanut butter stirred in :)

A great obsession to have!