What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    My current summer beverage love...fo1mmmvfp5xv.jpg

This is dangerous because 4 little cans are $10...and feel guilty buying these single-serving items. Yes, I recycle the whole thing, but it's just more stuff to contribute to the carbon into the atmosphere...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    WOW this stuff is amazing and I am obsessed. I have been putting it on EVERYTHING like salads, chicken, soft pretzels, broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, noodles, sandwiches, the list goes on. It smells and tastes like movie theatre popcorn butter. No dairy. Good thing I don't care about my sodium intake lol.

rqdb3npcudrd.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,421 Member
    Roasted vegetables. I usually roast onions, carrots, beets, baby potatoes and maybe celery or Brussels sprouts. I use a fine list of olive oil, salt, and sometimes a sweet balsamic or herbs de provence.

Also good the next few days over salad, with feta.

What some other good veg to add to roasts? To liven it up some?

As an aside, I’m always amused how the hubs picks through the tray to get only the potatoes. Like he’s five years old, going through the Halloween candy or something. 😂
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Roasted vegetables. I usually roast onions, carrots, beets, baby potatoes and maybe celery or Brussels sprouts. I use a fine list of olive oil, salt, and sometimes a sweet balsamic or herbs de provence.

As an aside, I’m always amused how the hubs picks through the tray to get only the potatoes. Like he’s five years old, going through the Halloween candy or something. 😂

What about fennel? That's all I can think of right off the bat as far as adding more flavor.

Otherwise, I like to roast zucchini, squash, mushrooms, etc. Not exactly flavorful! But still good.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,885 Member
    Put fermented black beans back in the rotation.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member

Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers and white or green asparagus.
  • springlering62
    edited June 2023
    Put fermented black beans back in the rotation.

Never heard of fermented beans. Will have to check in to that.

Got a giant crockpot of no-fry refried beans on right now for bunco this evening. House smells delish. Having a Mexican rotisserie chicken taco bar, and might knock out a low cal flan now, too, since aquafit cancelled for storms this morning. 😢

Amended to add: they’ll never even know their entire dinner is low cal! 😂😂😂
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    rainer cherries, raspberries, nectarines and sunflower seeds as another snack
  • Noreenmarie1234
    4hvngp10ifwo.png

This is SOOO good. So creamy and not artificial tasting.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Raw Jackfruit, watermelon and sprouted chick peas. I haven't posted in a while. Enjoying groups with same nutrition and lifestyle. Added a lot of raw food in.
  • springlering62
    edited August 2023
    Crunchy, sweet, chocolatey, coco nutty, obscenely delicious. And a fraction of a serving is plenty.

Simply dried coconut dusted with cocoa, cane sugar and salt.

r6yr811dyxed.jpeg
    al6xnak3eanl.jpeg
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 623 Member
    I had a Sugar Kissed melon today. HOLY SMOKES was it good! I'm going to have to get some more of those!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    9wq0yxqwt1yd.png

Soooo good, even better than regular franks hot sauce and the buffalo wing sauce because its extra thick! This size jug too lol.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Raw Jackfruit! Purple raw cabbage salad I made
  • springlering62
    edited August 2023
    Own-recipe chocolate protein pancakes, brushed with melted peanut butter, topped with a few grams of milk chocolate hagel and some zero cal chocolate espresso syrup.

I get so disappointed when the plate is empty.

Oh, and having taken up coffee drinking just in the past couple years, Community Coffee. OMG! Soooo much better than any of the locally roasted stuff. Smooth, not bitter, doesn’t need cinnamon. Black with a froth of skim milk, and crazy reasonably priced. Discovered at a local diner. The taste and smoothness were immediately noticeable. Been shipping their decaf to family overseas, too.
  • mtnbiker888
    mtnbiker888 Posts: 6 Member
    Loving the bagged dried mango slices from Costco. Nothing but mangos. They taste like Sour Keys candy to me. Yum!
  • siyeonsimpp
    siyeonsimpp Posts: 211 Member
    In my house it's gochujang, which is Korean red pepper paste. Just had Korean BBQ shredded beef with it, which we put in folded bao buns with cucumber and carrots, and we also had it with tteokbokki (which is called a rice cake but really is more like pasta in a way).
  • cszulc
    cszulc Posts: 39 Member
    Peanut butter in Greek yogurt. I could eat it 3x a day.

I tried the PB2 powder as a healthier substitute....good but not quite the same as with real PB!
  • springlering62
    88btqdqvoe2u.jpeg

Pure Bliss bites, a local company. The combination of almond butter, coconut and ginger chunks is just magic.

180 calories / 38gr or 1.4 oz.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @springlering62 - Just looked this company up...their whole lineup sound so so good! I wouldn't stand a chance with them. They should be called 'bags'...not 'bites' in my world🤣