What do you consider your "maintenance" weight?

Options

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    around 145 - 160 , im at a too comforable weight atm but feel that im in no rush to lose anything right now. if my clothes get tighter ill knuckle down
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I want to get to 10% body fat. For me, that is 196 pounds. I am 201 lbs right now.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I give myself 5 pounds to stay within, for sanity sake.
  • cagney1024
    cagney1024 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I started my fitness pal in September of 2012, I never thought I would hit the maintenance phase.... but after 302 days I did! I have been maintaining now for almost 4 weeks! I have unofficially given myself 2 pounds either way! and seem to be OK with that. Good Luck to everyone and enjoy a healthier life! dawn
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here is another question related to this topic: How do you feel when you see people around your same age, gender and height that have significantly different goals? At 5'2, I say my goal weight is 115lbs, but I see people like me whose goals are as low as 101 and as high as 125.

I know people all all different and we are only trying to reach our ideal, but do you ever question whether your maintenance weight is too low or too high when you see that.?

No I don't worry about that because it all depends in the shape and frame of the body.

I am small, some people call me petite because I have to buy mostly petite clothing. But I am a 32 DD, 24.5 waist and 33 inches around my hips. That doesn't seem too petite to me. I am short and curvy and when I gain weight it goes all in my hips and legs. I don't feel good and I don't look good. And that is all that matters to me.

And by the way, what is our "ideal shape or weight? We women change our mind all the time......:grumble:

You sound just like me! I got some curves to me and am a size 32 D. Sometimes, I crave the skinny legs people have, that's just not going to happen. I usually say that even if I were to stop eating and get down to a crazy unhealthy weight my pant size would stay the same. I can't change the size of the bones in my hips.

Thanks for helping me feel a little more confident in my maintenance weight of choice.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When I started my fitness pal in September of 2012, I never thought I would hit the maintenance phase.... but after 302 days I did! I have been maintaining now for almost 4 weeks! I have unofficially given myself 2 pounds either way! and seem to be OK with that. Good Luck to everyone and enjoy a healthier life! dawn

Way to go!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Way to go!

:flowerforyou:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm content with 171 +/- 3 lbs
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    For me, maintaining would probably be 102 pounds-109 pounds. Anywhere above or below the range is a red flag for me!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing :smile:
    It seems that about five pounds is the winner :drinker:
  • SkinnyMel89
    SkinnyMel89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    At 5'8" between 115 - 125 pounds.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 170 and 179 for me is good.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    At 5'8" between 115 - 125 pounds.

Yay! I'm not the only one!! :happy:
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm trying to maintain around 130. I fluctuate quite a bit based on that TOM. I allow myself 5 pounds before I freak out.

I'm 5'3 and I maintained a weight of 110-115 for a few years. But, I was starving and not a nice person. I realized that I feel better when I continue to workout and eat in the range of 1400-2000 calories every day. 1400 calories puts me on the verge of crazy, so most of the time I hit 1700 calories per day.

I based my maintenance weight on the weight within my "ideal range" that allows me to feel mentally healthy. When I try to squeeze into size 2s I'm not happy. My body just wasn't meant to be that small.

I was dx'ed with an ED when I was 17. I'm 33 now & I feel like I finally "get it." I just hope this mentality stays with me. ;)
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i am 235. but my weight fluctuates pretty wildly sometimes, mostly from water retention/dehydration. When i train hard, i can be up six or seven pounds in the 2 days following, and since i usually hit the gym every 2nd day, i am usually always cazrrying some extra water. 2 or more days off the gym, and my weight drops dramatically, unless i eat something really salty ( which does tend to be my weakness)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I prefer to go by how I look, muscle definition, bodyfat% and how well my body performs in my training, than a silly number no-one else sees or cares about, on a manmade machine.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    i am 235. but my weight fluctuates pretty wildly sometimes, mostly from water retention/dehydration. When i train hard, i can be up six or seven pounds in the 2 days following, and since i usually hit the gym every 2nd day, i am usually always cazrrying some extra water. 2 or more days off the gym, and my weight drops dramatically, unless i eat something really salty ( which does tend to be my weakness)

Wow, the human body is really quite the compensating machine isn't it?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Here is another question related to this topic: How do you feel when you see people around your same age, gender and height that have significantly different goals? At 5'2, I say my goal weight is 115lbs, but I see people like me whose goals are as low as 101 and as high as 125.

I know people all all different and we are only trying to reach our ideal, but do you ever question whether your maintenance weight is too low or too high when you see that.?

I personally don't care. When I started in Jan 2012 I was 130 and got down to 110. I maintained that for 6 mths and honestly wasn't happy with my body. Focused on lifting and purposely put on weight and I'm up to 124 lbs and honestly look and feel better than I did at 110. I have abs starting to show now that I didn't then. A scale number means jack shish to me, though for any of my goals now going lower than 120 lbs is not where I want to be.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options

I absolutely don't factor that in. I hope no one that is a female 5'8" looks at my 128 pound goal and thinks it is right for them. I think a lot of teenagers my height weigh 120. A lot of women my age (54) weigh 150 and look/feel great. I wouldn't fee great at 150, and I am not a teenager. I absolutely thought 139 was my healthiest weight when I started this journey to a healthy lifestyle in December 2011. Once I got there, the weight kept coming off. I also went to a performing arts Doctor to confirm my optimal weight range - which happens to be 125-135. Once you hit the "big range" on the "made up by the insurance industry" charts that give you a "healthy weight range" it is a very individual journey, in my opinion - based on my life experiences and observations - no science.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    After surpassing my goal by 8 lbs and still trying to figure out a true "maintenance" food/exercise combo, I'm focusing on a maintenance size and not weight. Theoretically I'd love to reduce my BF% below the current 23.5%, but I can't afford to keep replacing my wardrobe. So as long as I stay my current size small/size 6 I'll consider maintenance a success.

That is success!! Congrats!!