lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    u1k3vk81wo0d.jpg

Rocky Mountains 3 weeks ago.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    just got back from door county yesterday.
    some of it has a very PNW feel sometimes. the water was high so not as much as other times i've been up
    2giwkgu36g3u.png
    1w3etqphxm3y.png
    uidwinkijt4v.png
    echmain3 wrote: »
    No mountain trip for me this summer. Sigh....
    I'll have to settle for the "mountains" of Wisconsin (i.e. not mountains).

Hey, the Dells are very nice. Once you get past the tourist traps.

Door County too.

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    For me it is the ocean. I live in a coastal city on an island and can't imagine living more than a few minutes away from the ocean

ocean vs. mountain - the classic choice. what i remember about being a boy in the seattle area is that you got both. i live now on the jersey shore, love it and the ocean, but do miss real mountains.
    Today from Port Angeles (west of Seattle) Mountains and ocean from the same spot

been there (well, the area, if not exactly that spot, lol)! great locale.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Our plan has always been move closer to the mountains for years. Finally settled in to our new home early last month. Mountain views out the back, the side and the front. Right up on the Catalinas. Now, the Mountain Lions, the Javalinas, the Coyotes, Poison Toads and Rattlers have freaked us out a bit, but we're pretty happy about the decision!

I have had a peace about me that I haven't felt in a while. I have a very high stress job/business. This has helped calm me down a bit!

We do love the ocean too, but being 6 hours from San Diego helps.

wz6anzprvmjy.jpg
    z2d6vc8kqd2x.jpg
    gp3skbxjzpc0.jpg
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I'm having to move from hills/mountains (small ones) to Texas (been priced right out of CA....) and I'm VERY sad to lose the oceans and hills. I'm pretty sure I'll be back once I'm in a better financial position and/or don't feel the need to spend so much money on my other passion in life.....