Marathon Nutrition

Does anyone have any nutrition plans specifically for marathon runners? Daily calorie intake, what % should be carbs, proteins, fats, etc. Anything helps thank you!

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Eat at mainentance and remember to fuel your long runs (I prefer to do a higher carb day before a long workout to replace glycogen stores)

I’m training for an Ironman and then a marathon 10 weeks later - I do 55% carbs; 25% protein, 20% fat - avg 2800 cal a day
  • tonypetretti
    tonypetretti Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you, This is very helpful! Goodluck on iron man and marathon!
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Eat at mainentance and remember to fuel your long runs (I prefer to do a higher carb day before a long workout to replace glycogen stores)

I’m training for an Ironman and then a marathon 10 weeks later - I do 55% carbs; 25% protein, 20% fat - avg 2800 cal a day

I kept my 40/30/30 split and ate maintenance all week. The only time i would deviate from the plan was ahead of long runs. For that I would carb-load the night before and I would ditch the protein / fat / coffee from my breakfast the morning of the run. The only reason for ditching them was that I found it upset my stomach mid run and would need to emergency dash to the toilet. Once I fixed my pre-run meal I never had any more emergencies, LOL