Keto Confusion !

Hiya
Can anyone help my confused brain !
Started Keto a couple days ago and still confused about macros v’s nutrients when I am logging.
My Marcos graph says I am way over eating protein —
But nutrients say I haven’t reached my goal ?!?
Anyone have a glue and would appreciate it !

pi3262gks78f.png
fdf9wmr1i92j.jpeg

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    The pie chart is the percentages of macros in the foods you have eaten so far, not your total goal. This isn't very useful, in my opinion, unless you are trying to hit certain percentages per meal. To get an accurate idea for your day's macros you need to look at the pie chart after you have eaten all of your calories. Focus on the "Left" column when you're planning your next meal, not the pie chart. See how many grams of each macro you have to play with. In your case, if you stay around 92 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbs, and 114 fat you're close your target regardless of macro percentages per meal.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Yeah, what amusedmonkey said.

Ignore the pie chart, it's not helpful and can be confusing (and is a weird app thing not on desktop, which I prefer). Focus on grams!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I find the chart helpful, because it helps me see throughout the day how I am tracking to be with my macros when thetl day is done. If the percentages are too far off, then I can adjust throughout the day to get them to match more.

What the chart is showing you is that if you continue to eat for the rest of the day the same as you have been eating so far, you will be over your protein and under your fat. So that means if you want to hit your get macro, you will need to have food for the rest of the day that on average is even higher than 70% fat.
  • julzz36diggity
    julzz36diggity Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone ! Massive help. Been tying myself in knots trying to work it. First couple days I was waaaayyyy over carbs, confused the hell out of me as only having leafy veg ... until I realised to minus the fibre 😂🤦‍♀️