Skinnier fingers, lost my ring! šŸ˜ž

2Ā»

Replies

• jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    https://www.bestproducts.com/lifestyle/a26294387/top-rated-silicone-rings/?src=arb_fb_ga_m_bmm_na&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=arb_fb_ga_m_bmm_na&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJ7nBRD5ARIsAATMxst2SW3xCZyJ0TKrx0sQYxvhHMR8QK6rHEJwy7IUyIVQxl-vqxqyXb4aAkqfEALw_wcB

These are quite a bit more than I spent on mine. If you go to to Amazon and search ā€œsilicone ringsā€ hundreds of options come up. I have a large collection of multi colored ones I bought in cheap sets so I can mix and coordinate with my watch bands and outfits. I havenā€™t had one break yet. My husband has had two start to crack after more than a year of wear and tear on each one, but he also only gets the cheap ones. The first two he had were just black, but he recently bought a bigger set of greyscale colors, because they were a better deal than a single black one and now heā€™s set for awhile.

My favorite part is that Iā€™m not worried about them breaking, getting lost, or having to be cut off in an emergency. I wore one on a trip to Hawaii last year, a whole week of swimming, hiking, a playing and it never budged, but even if it had it was cheap, and easily replaceable.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    cclllwk6a36u.jpg
    8zzkwfdtanvy.jpg
    vqt5bt677b4k.jpg
    I lost my wedding ring...it was titanium, so it couldn't be resized. I had stopped wearing it at some point in my weight loss because it kept slipping. My wife started noticing that I never wore my ring and it upset her even though I explained why...so I started wearing it again and just told myself I would be very careful. One day it was just gone and I have no idea where I lost it.

I have a silicon ring now that my wife gave me for Christmas.
    One more story, my husband lost his first wedding ring a month after we got married. He put it in his gym shorts pocket, and went for a run on the track.

We never found it. We bought an identical replacement. How e canā€™t wear it at work. When silicon rings hit the market he switched. He still gets his tungsten ring out occasionally, but likes that he can wear the silicon ones and not worry about taking them off, or losing them. After two years I think heā€™s on his 3rd one.

I never heard of silicone rings before! What brand did you guys get? Pictures?

@keenest37 good luck finding your ring. I don't have a found ring story, but I did find my FitBit a few times before I lost it forever.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2019
    It's a bummer. I've lost rings before. I used ring guards until I reached maintenance. They are springy metal bands that a jeweler puts inside the back side of your rings. They worked great for me! Hope you find your ring.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I lost a class ring one time and looked everywhere for it. When we moved, I was hoping it might turn up somewhere. It didn't. I decided to get it replaced.

About 20 years later a plumber under the house where we lived found the ring and took it to the postmaster. The postmaster said he remembered who had lived in that house and tracked me down in another state. He asked me if I could identify a few details about it, and I could. He sent it to me.

I wanted to send the plumber a gift card or something to thank him for sending it in, but the postmaster who not tell me who it was. The guy just wanted me to pay it forward.

After hearing where it was found, I remembered an evening when I heard noise under the house and crawled under it to find out what was going on. It was a skunk, and so I made a hasty retreat. I am pretty sure that was when it fell off.

Now that I have lost weight, the old one fits again, and the replacement is three sizes too big! I am back to the original wedding ring too, although the one I had been wearing (that is also three sizes too big) was bought as a set for our 25th wedding anniversary, so eventually I will get it resized or something.

Good luck getting your ring back!
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Hi OP - am sorry you have lost your lovely sounding ring. Hope you find it. x
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Still hasn't turned up. šŸ˜ž
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Did you call the places you'd been that day to ask if anyone turned in a found ring? I had to have my wedding rings sized up after menopause when my knuckles got bigger even though I'd lost weight. :( Dr. says the big knuckles are an early sign of arthritis. I don't remember what it cost, but not too much. They just cut the ring and add in some extra material. They could size down too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I lost my wedding ring...it was titanium, so it couldn't be resized. I had stopped wearing it at some point in my weight loss because it kept slipping. My wife started noticing that I never wore my ring and it upset her even though I explained why...so I started wearing it again and just told myself I would be very careful. One day it was just gone and I have no idea where I lost it.

I have a silicon ring now that my wife gave me for Christmas.
    One more story, my husband lost his first wedding ring a month after we got married. He put it in his gym shorts pocket, and went for a run on the track.

We never found it. We bought an identical replacement. How e canā€™t wear it at work. When silicon rings hit the market he switched. He still gets his tungsten ring out occasionally, but likes that he can wear the silicon ones and not worry about taking them off, or losing them. After two years I think heā€™s on his 3rd one.

I never heard of silicone rings before! What brand did you guys get? Pictures?

@keenest37 good luck finding your ring. I don't have a found ring story, but I did find my FitBit a few times before I lost it forever.

I have a QALO...it's this one, except mine is black.

6241-DEFAULT-l.jpg

They make all kinds of colors and different designs and whatnot.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Thanks!