I need more fiber! Help!!

2»

Replies

• thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    My go to are Mission brand carb balance soft taco tortillas. I wrap eggs in them for breakfast or add them to lunch. 13 g fiber per tortilla and only 70 cals.

hmm. my mission carb balance tortillas say 60 cals and 14 g of fiber.
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Another option is Dannon's Oikos Triple zero greek yogurt. They add 6g of fiber per serving, in addition to usual high protein content of the Greek yogurt
    https://www.oikosyogurt.com/greek-yogurt-protein/triple-zero/vanilla/
  • perezlau
    perezlau Posts: 35 Member
    Benefiber Daily Prebiotic Dietary Fiber Supplement Powder or other higher quality fiber powder

Add to ice, fruit, and veggie smoothie with stevia.
    Or
    Freeze into popsicle treats

Fiber gummies might help, although, I've never tried them personally.

• fcanad
    fcanad Posts: 48 Member
    Chia seeds! Rehydrate in water first.
    Also, apricots and mushrooms.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    thanos5 wrote: »
    solieco1 wrote: »
    My go to are Mission brand carb balance soft taco tortillas. I wrap eggs in them for breakfast or add them to lunch. 13 g fiber per tortilla and only 70 cals.

hmm. my mission carb balance tortillas say 60 cals and 14 g of fiber.

Where do you get these tortillas? I looked in the supermarket last night and there were several mission brand but not carb balance. Is this only available in the US or has anyone seen them in the UK they sound great!

i can only get them at 1 local store. they are really good, if you can get them online i highly recommend you do! i no longer use bread because of these.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Increase your fiber gradually. You can get constipated if you increase too fast.

I have the same breakfast every morning: Greek yogurt mixed with protein powder, PB2, and fiber cereal. I will often have a Quest bar as a snack, and with dinner I always have a big bowl of green veggies (usually broccoli or green beans). Those things get me way more than enough fiber, and a good amount of protein too.
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2019
    I make a smoothie for breakfast with spinach, berries, banana, and 2tbsp flax that I then ground. I also add 2 tbsp gelatin powder and 28 grams sacha inchi powder. The smoothie has 39 grams of protein and 20 grams of fiber.