Keto is amazing

1235»

Replies

• Tubbytucka
    Tubbytucka Posts: 83 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering how chocolate is keto? It would seem to me that more than the tiniest amount of chocolate would eat up your carb limit.

I have a couple of squares of 85% chocolate most days, which is about 3gm carbs. IIFYM etc...

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Blythmag wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    Keto is great and I’ve studied the WOE for a year before starting last July!

The problem is most really just do not understand the BENEFITS and that’s totally fine. Whatever works for one person doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone!
    When someone finds something that works for THEM there is absolutely NO harm in posting that! Why not be happy that it works for them instead of bashing that person or complaining? Or pointing out YOUR WOE and telling them how great yours is?
    Its about that poster not you. You should more say Glad it’s working!

Exactly.thank you.it was intended as you took it, then out the woodwork come those who cant accept it.
    I'm loving Keto.

In answer to previous question...7th week now, I'm not a hardened keto dieter as I do like a vodka , my point was I was stuck for weeks at nearly 13st till I tried keto .I now weigh 12'3 and have lost all my belly fat, 11 lbs of water weight though so the "experts " tell me 😂

No one said it was all water wegiht, though of the 11, I would venture to guess 6-9 were water.
    Keto is great and I’ve studied the WOE for a year before starting last July!

The problem is most really just do not understand the BENEFITS and that’s totally fine. Whatever works for one person doesn’t mean it’ll work for everyone!
    When someone finds something that works for THEM there is absolutely NO harm in posting that! Why not be happy that it works for them instead of bashing that person or complaining? Or pointing out YOUR WOE and telling them how great yours is?
    Its about that poster not you. You should more say Glad it’s working!

Exactly.thank you.it was intended as you took it, then out the woodwork come those who cant accept it.
    I'm loving Keto.

In answer to previous question...7th week now, I'm not a hardened keto dieter as I do like a vodka , my point was I was stuck for weeks at nearly 13st till I tried keto .I now weigh 12'3 and have lost all my belly fat, 11 lbs of water weight though so the "experts " tell me 😂

No one said it was all water wegiht, though of the 11, I would venture to guess 6-9 were water.

9 out of the 11 is water? My jeans are now a 32 from 34, my neck is thinner.my face is thinner.my belly is not as fat and my legs are much much thinner.so yes it's all water. Goodness

6-9, maybe only 6 was water... that said reduced water retention does make one look thinner, as water takes up space and has volume

So you don't know in truth?

I'm not sure of the mechanics to be honest, but the "whoosh" effect is well known, and usually quite welcome when it happens. The human body is comprised of a high % water stored in tissues, cells etc, so when it goes, it doesn't come from just one place, like around the abdomen. Saying someone lost water weight isn't a put down or derogatory or demeaning towards the diet at all. It's still weight and volume that are gone. Which is nice, really nice.

The primary distinction (in my opinion) is that water weight can be lost and replaced at a much faster rate than weight lost or gained due to fat. Once you're working on maintaining, rather than losing weight, you'll see fluctuations up and down, sometimes fairly large, and quite normal for everyone.

So yes, loss of a large amount of water can indeed have an effect on your overall appearance. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, or discussing it as we folks here like to do. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the weightloss. It feels great. :)

Lyle McDonald talks about it.... his hypothesis is that fat cells try to maintain their size. They fill up with water... then... whoosh.... not sure if I agree with him, but he is the expert... not me...🤔
    Nor I lol.
  • Keto302
    Keto302 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all.
    I’m attempting Keto (I have celiac diseases and find Keto more nutritious than just gluten free) and would love some friends on here with similar food goals.
    Feel free to add me please.