NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER

HI EVERYONE. I NEED TO LOOSE 20 LBS, DOING OK BUT I HATE WATER. NEED TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    You don't *have* to drink water. You can drink other liquids that are not water, as long as they fit within your calorie goals.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2019
    Drinking water doesn't have much to do with losing weight, other than if you are actually dehydrated maybe. If you feel you are not hydrated enough, you can add flavor to the water to make it palatable.

I tend to drink plain water, Mio (especially watermelon/strawberry), Coke Zero, coffee, iced and hot tea. I also eat a lot of soup, and get hydration from fruits and veggies too.

If you just want to challenge yourself to drink more plain water, some people find temperature is an issue, and either iced water or room temp water will go down easier.

The most important thing for losing those 20 lbs is to get your calories in line, and in my experience, to get a kitchen food scale. Good luck!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Buy a Sodastream and make flavored selzer.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    I've been adding cucumber and lemon slices to water with some mint. Taste is pretty awesome despite my water not tasting that great even though I use a filter. Drink iced tea, Crystal Lite or similar powders, diet lemonade.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Drink away!
  • Blue_Abyss
    Blue_Abyss Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! my sister also despised drinking water, recently we've bought a filter and now she can happily drink. It completely changes the taste, mild and smooth in a way... hope this helps and good luck! :)