Newish

I have tried to lose weight so many times however my family never made it easy for me. They were never supportive and always pushed me to stop. I tried working past those issues but I live with them and have not been able to move away or control anything involving what food they bring in or how they cook it until now. I have forced them to accept that I will cook what I want how I want so that I can eat healthier and I have begun a journey of exercising. It is hard for me. I have depression and anxiety as well as asthma. Combined those health problems scream at me to give up and not to try losing weight.

Now though I have a support system in my boyfriend, he has helped me realize that I can do this if I just work hard and push myself past my depression and past my anxiety. I have never liked the way I look and the fact that he tells me that I don't have to lose this weight unless I want to is really amazing. Never have I had anyone tell me they love me the way I am and embrace the fact that I do not love myself the way I am and that I want to change. He is with me on this. He has exercised he works out and he wants to be there with me as I start.

This is a journey that I have been working towards my whole life and I am excited to begin.

I am 19, 5' 3", 170lbs, a person that never exercises, and an unhealthy eater.

I want to be 19, 5'3', 130lbs, a person that exercises regularly, and a healthy eater.

The Plan: I will be exercising 6 days out of the week with a rest day every Saturday. I will begin lifting weights to help tone my body and build up so muscle. I will also be tracking everything that I eat.

My Hopes: As I go through this journey I hope to become not only healthier physically but mentally as well. I have noticed many of my depressive thoughts stem from my negative views of my body and eating habits. This journey is going to be a catalyst, I hope, to becomeing a better me in ways that I can not imagine right now.

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    Good luck

My two cents (and that's all it's worth): maybe not plunging in with a routine you are unlikely to keep. not liking to exercise and then aiming for 6 days a week of something you may or may not like doesn't usually end up being a routine people keep for very long. It can also lead to injury as your body is not ready for that.

Pick an exercise you enjoy (can just be walking) and fit it in your schedule, with break days. something you are likely to keep doing for years not just weeks or months.

Same with your eating. don't do a 180 and eat only so called "healthy foods" you may or may not enjoy. Just slowly fit in more healthy foods here and there into your day to day diet. Keep foods you LIKe in your diet. swearing off all the foods you enjoy again sets up for failure. eat balanced. good food and "bad" food included.

Get a food scale. weigh and log your food. enter your stats in MFP and select a rate of loss of 1 (max of 1.5) and eat all those calories plus exercise calories.

Here is a great thread to get started: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You're worth the effort. Not to me. Not to your family. Not even to your supportive bf. You're worth it to you.

Life is going to happen. You get the same sunrise as everybody else. You get the same hours as everybody else.
    Slay 'em.