Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Just ran 3k

2»

Replies

• leebirmleebirm Posts: 86Member Member Posts: 86Member Member
    Well so far I've lost 10lbs in 8 weeks :p B)
  • angry_salad_galangry_salad_gal Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Hey, I so enjoyed reading this thread tonight since I’m just sort of starting out too (although I’m at the ‘somewhere between 3k and 4K mark’ - 5 feels a bit distant). How’s the injury? Have you been back running since??
  • rheddmobilerheddmobile Posts: 4,298Member Member Posts: 4,298Member Member
    leebirm wrote: »
    I'VE JUST RAN 5K

I'm over the moon with myself, I wasn't planning on it, I was planning on doing 3 or 4k but I felt alright and just kept going, I wasn't killing myself with my pace either.

I managed it in 37 minutes, I really have got the bug for this running game now.

The strange thing is that when I got to the final stretch I increased the speed and probably felt better than I had during the entire run, it was as if my lungs finally opened up, is that a normal thing to happen? especially as the first 1.5k was a real struggle this morning.

I really am proud of myself, considering that I weigh 20st and I only started out 6 weeks ago (my first run was 2k in 20 minutes)

well I'm going to celebrate with a few beers and a curry tonight :smiley: :wink:

Go you!

Re: runs getting easier as you go. There’s a saying among runners, “The first mile is a lie.” No matter how good you get that first mile or so, your body always tries to tell you that you can’t run. I have a suspicion it’s to do with how the body metabolizes energy - it takes a while for the signals to get through and the fuel to start flowing to your muscles properly.

How’s the injury? Did you get back out there?