Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Beachbody support Group!

Replies

• richiechownsrichiechowns Member Posts: 136 Member Member Posts: 136 Member
    PGKY wrote: »
    Thank you! Thanks to both of you! I think I'm going with this one, looks like fun. I only have smallish dumbbells for now, but my brother may have more, I need to ask him. If not I'll start small and slowly buy some.

Adjustables?

Could you buy rings in the UK and ship to you? I had a thought, you could get some anchor bolts and screw them through your ceiling into the joists, then attach the ring straps to them? Instant pull ups, rows etc.

Anything to do with international shipping is difficult in this crazy crazy country, as is taxes, we tax 30% on buying foreign currency, 50% tax on whatever you bought and even on the shipping cost itself, we pay all this upfront, and also add a fixed administrative fee for the mail office (this is on top of the original shipping payed), and the craziest part? They randomly tell you to pick stuff up on customs which can take all day, and where they may decide your package violates some obscure regulation and withheld it. This rules seem to change every year and retroactively affect everything that's on the way. I actually do buy a lot from abroad, whenever less hostile conditions develop but they tend not to last. Sorry for the rant, our messed up mail system is a bit of a trigger for me. 😅

Oh and rings are actually something I could buy here, not sure how the anchor bolts thing would go though. This is an old apartment (from the 50s I think), I'm pretty sure we don't have joists, don't really know what my ceiling is made of to be honest. I just thought I'd eventually get around to throwing away lots of stuff and some furniture to make room and then get a bar screwed to my bedroom wall. And for dumbbells, yes, I'm thinking adjustable, really need to work it out with my brother, we live together and he'd probably want to use them too, so maybe we can agree to split the cost.

You could screw them in above a doorway maybe? Just something to anchor the straps to? They would be more versatile than a bar and can be taken to the park when lock down eases as well. You can do pull ups, chin ups, rows, push ups, tucks and L sits, roll outs, static holds etc. Even muscle ups and ring handstands!
  • gam3rguygam3rguy Member Posts: 3,507 Member Member Posts: 3,507 Member
    "A Week of Hard Labor Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • rosebud69155rosebud69155 Member Posts: 146 Member Member Posts: 146 Member
    Liift4 Week 6 Back and Biceps 50/50
  • Fitness327wkFitness327wk Member Posts: 5,137 Member Member Posts: 5,137 Member
    TUE
    6/23
    HIKE 🥾
    T25 - Total Body Circuit
    LIIFT4 - Back and Biceps

Today’s workout!!! T25 and LIIFT4!
  • Judikim118Judikim118 Member Posts: 193 Member Member Posts: 193 Member
    Day 2 with insanity plyo cardio
  • PGKYPGKY Member Posts: 74 Member Member Posts: 74 Member
    P90 Day 79 - Sweat C
    Thank you! Thanks to both of you! I think I'm going with this one, looks like fun. I only have smallish dumbbells for now, but my brother may have more, I need to ask him. If not I'll start small and slowly buy some.

Adjustables?

Could you buy rings in the UK and ship to you? I had a thought, you could get some anchor bolts and screw them through your ceiling into the joists, then attach the ring straps to them? Instant pull ups, rows etc.

Anything to do with international shipping is difficult in this crazy crazy country, as is taxes, we tax 30% on buying foreign currency, 50% tax on whatever you bought and even on the shipping cost itself, we pay all this upfront, and also add a fixed administrative fee for the mail office (this is on top of the original shipping payed), and the craziest part? They randomly tell you to pick stuff up on customs which can take all day, and where they may decide your package violates some obscure regulation and withheld it. This rules seem to change every year and retroactively affect everything that's on the way. I actually do buy a lot from abroad, whenever less hostile conditions develop but they tend not to last. Sorry for the rant, our messed up mail system is a bit of a trigger for me. 😅

Oh and rings are actually something I could buy here, not sure how the anchor bolts thing would go though. This is an old apartment (from the 50s I think), I'm pretty sure we don't have joists, don't really know what my ceiling is made of to be honest. I just thought I'd eventually get around to throwing away lots of stuff and some furniture to make room and then get a bar screwed to my bedroom wall. And for dumbbells, yes, I'm thinking adjustable, really need to work it out with my brother, we live together and he'd probably want to use them too, so maybe we can agree to split the cost.

You could screw them in above a doorway maybe? Just something to anchor the straps to? They would be more versatile than a bar and can be taken to the park when lock down eases as well. You can do pull ups, chin ups, rows, push ups, tucks and L sits, roll outs, static holds etc. Even muscle ups and ring handstands!

That sounds interesting and very versatile, for now I'll just follow with LIIFT4 next and think about installing things afterwards.

Day 3 with body beast chest and tri
    Note to self:Down 3 lbs
    Have a great one!
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
    yesterday afternoon I banged out "T25 GAMMA Rip't Up"!
    P90 Day 80 - Sculpt C
  • Fitness327wkFitness327wk Member Posts: 5,137 Member Member Posts: 5,137 Member
    I am loving T25 program! Abs day!

My workout for the day!
    WED
    6/24
    HIKE 🥾
    T25 - AB Intervals
    LIIFT4 - Legs/HIIT
    Barre Blend Full Body Blend 6 ✅
    Liift4 W6D3 Shoulders Intervals ✅
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1: Just Arms"!!!=Done!!
  • ElioraFRElioraFR Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Dorset beach bodies as photographed today.
    Probably every one of them is dutifully wearing a mask.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/18375/production/_113098199_5da37650-a022-4613-ab1b-ac74b0000dbb.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk
    edited June 25
    Day 4 cardio abs and 20 mins jog
  • richiechownsrichiechowns Member Posts: 136 Member Member Posts: 136 Member
    End of T25 Gamma tomorrow, our first run through finishing with Extreme Circuit. The last 2 weeks I've been doing a running challenge with work, so 42 miles last week and up to 22 so far this week. Once clear of the challenge I think it will be time for P90X3. In the meantime I might try 2 weeks of the Hybrid Gamma programme.
    P90 Day 81 - Sweat C
  • E_ValE_Val Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    drea2011 wrote: »
    Hey all!

This is a place to share our Beachbody workouts& feedback! I’m currently doing P90X3! Day 70/90.

Ooohh I have wanted to try that one!
  • E_ValE_Val Member Posts: 27 Member Member Posts: 27 Member
    I finished 21 day fix real time not log ago and I am on week 2 day one of 21 day fix real time extreme. Its been rough but I like doing something sort of new every day. Got pretty decent results from the first fix. :smiley:
    Barre Blend Booty Blend = Done!