Monthly Post June 2019

13»

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Fasting plus swimming equals 5:2 flu! I haven't gotten that in a while, so maybe I am doing something right. I had very few carbs yesterday, as well. Hopefully, this will be the big nudge I need in the right direction. Going to try the same thing again for Thursday's fast. Also going to rein in all the BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes).

@mamainthekitchen I am glad I am inspiring to someone. I don't feel inspiring. I feel fat and frustrated, but I keep chugging my tubby little self along, so I guess that is something. :)

@Meghan509 I hope your work trip isn't too bad and you get to put your feet up when you get back.

Off to find some carbs for breakfast... Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Good morning all!

Sorry for not checking in over the weekend. Where does the time go?!

Weekend was GREAT! Beach days both days. Yesterday I came on here and it said site down for maintenance. LOL

I am logging on here from a meeting facility in pretty Westchester County, New York. Rainy day here but the weather is on the up swing and is supposed to be really warm tomorrow. Yikes!

Eating wise I was good yesterday. Today there are lots of healthy choices around, so I will choose wisely.

Got to keep it short for now. Will pop back in as I can.

Have a great day! Speak to you all soon. :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Good morning!

Things are going well here. Meeting day 2. A tad boring at times, but it is what it is. :)

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    On the run today, so just popping in to say HI! Having a good week. Just finished up one of my summer classes. I have 7 left before I graduate in December. Two of those will be done in about 4 weeks. Please, Lord, let me get a job this fall!
    Have a great day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Hi guys! Things are going well (other than the chocolate ice cream cone the hubs bought us each when leaving Costco yesterday!!) I have never had one before nor have I had ice cream in... a year(s)?? Omg! Don’t get one!! Mfp says they’re 430 cals with 50ish grams of carbs!!!! :# K well that was yesterday!!

Busy today so I may not have time for my own walk, but we’ll see.....

Meghan, for years,when my husband was in long boring meetings he would list off the 50 states in order!!! Haha then if it was really long and boring he’d try to add their capitals! (Doing ten provinces & two territories can be done in 1.5 mins!!) hahahaha

Kate you’ll get your dream job I’m sure!!!! You’ve certainly earned it!!

Have a fun day! Who’s fasting today? With the way I feel so early in the day here, I may just give in and do what my body tells me!
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Hey everyone...

Looks like everything's going ok for everyone this week...thank y'all for the nice comments last week.

@KateNkognito the keto flu can popup in less than 30 hours or so if you've had almost 0 carbs. Hope it works out today, let us know how it went.

Did a semi fast; about 1200 cals in 48 hours, the first 27 hours of that was at 0 calories. Not sure I'll get another one in this week.

Enjoy your weekend...and smile!
  • KateNkognito
    Fasting today... probably. Not sure I am going to make it, given the current hormonal situation. I am trying to stay strong, but ALL the food is calling me.

@meghan509 Stay strong in your meetings!

@mamainthekitchen I hope you got in your walk and you made your fast!

@orlcam I had a few carbs and I was fine. Today I want ALL the carbs and I have already nibbled at my kids' breakfast sandwiches, so I am pretty sure I won't be low carb today. Way to go on your fast!

Need to clean house and vacuum/wipe out my car. Hopefully that will keep me busy and on track today. Have a great day and happy fasting!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Hi y’all
    Yesterday was almost zero exercise except the dog walk but I made up for it today! Currently elevating my feet before I vacuum the house!! I’ve had it now! I’ll sleep good tonight... it was quite cool this morning so I did my weight workout first then headed for my walk by the beach and walked extra time!! I like cooler days, so hard to walk when it’s hot!

I’ve been doing well with my very low carb/kinda keto.... and also traded my high carb milk chocolate with 85% dark chocolate!! Anyone tried this? Kate, this may help you today!! I also never knew how much iron is in very dark chocolate!!! It really IS good for you!! Haha I’ll be trying the 90% soon! (NEVER thought I’d say that!)

Hope all is well with you Meghan and your work trip in Westchester went well!
    @orlcam: it was nice to hear about your lengthy fast day! Good on ya!

Kate, stay strong! You can do this! Don’t forget to have extra protein & some fat (some avocado) I’m finding that helps sooo much in reducing cravings!
  • KateNkognito
    Yesterday was a Fast Fail! BUT I managed to keep it semi-reasonable in the calorie department. I am feeling much better today and I am going to fast for real today.

@mamainthekitchen Thanks for the words of encouragement! You are really rockin' this! I LOVE dark chocolate, I buy the bite-sized ones to get me through rough days. I plan on having very few carbs, lots of fat and some protein today. I hate avocados. I know they are good for me and all, but I just can't do it.

@meghan509 Enjoy your weekend!

Since I was in such a bad mood, I didn't get anything done yesterday, so I moved my To Do list to today's agenda. Clean house, here I come! Have a great day! Enjoy the weekend, everyone!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Bahaha my son hates avocados too!! He says it’s like taking a bite of a brick of butter! Haha.... I give him extra nuts for his fat, whole walnuts to snack on are awesome . Sounds like you’re on a roll too Kate! I’m also cleaning today! Although I did vacuum yesterday thank goodness!

Meghan have an awesome weekend girl!! You deserve a relaxing on after your work week!

I plan on doing same exercise again today as yesterday, so I’m hoping that adds to my deficit again! Do I dare weigh tomorrow? Well... I can hear Kate saying ‘yes’!! Stay tuned....

Enjoy the weekend people, it’s a long one for us, Canada Day on Monday!!! Got my little flags out in my garden planters!!!!
  • KateNkognito
    Made it through my fast day yesterday. :)
    @mamainthekitchen How did the weigh in go? Happy Canada Day!
    Off to the store for a few random things. I think this might end up being a busy weekend.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Gooooood morning!!

..... drum roll please....

158.6 ! :p:D:o:#B)o:)

I contribute this loss to walking!! Sure I’ve been low carbing but walking consistently is when I see results! I’ll measure next week... woohoo!

Have a great weekend everyone and if you feel like hitting the theatres, go see “yesterday” .... saw it last night and thought it was a really really great! (I had zero popcorn, even though the hubs bought a huge bag, he ate it himself! I snuck in half a Lindt 85% dark chocolate bar!!!! And drank water! Such a cheap date!!)
  • KateNkognito
    WOO HOO!! One pound down, 49 to go!

@mamainthekitchen WAY TO GO! You got this!