How do I add foods to my personal foods?

joeskeeto
joeskeeto Posts: 1 Member
New to MFP and having trouble adding foods to the my foods so they are easier to find. Some things just appear there and other don't. TIA

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    MY FOODS:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/mine

If you create a food, it will always be in your MY FOODS

If you use any random food from your list or from the database and enter it on your daily FOOD page, it will then appear in your "Recents" list when you click "Add food."
  • rockranch2000
    rockranch2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Seems like they should let me add any food to "my foods." I have corrected at least 10 entries for russet potato because the person who originally entered it failed to enter the potassium. I just tried to enter skinless baked chicken breast and the protein amount was about 1/4 of the true amount. There are so many errors in this database that I feel like it's on purpose.
  • carolynmay4008
    carolynmay4008 Posts: 1 Member

I am having the same problem. How can so many items be incorrect with its nutrition content?

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

Because the database is largely user-created, and some people make mistakes, and others don't bother entering nutrients they don't track themselves. In other cases, manufacturers use different formulations (with different nutritional makeups) in different countries, or they change their recipes from time to time.