Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

This awful app - don't waste money on premium account

2»

Replies

• tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Posts: 6,563Member Member Posts: 6,563Member Member
    Beowolf95 wrote: »
    The biggest frustration is the lack of communication from MFP on this. All their update mentions is the Fitbit sync issue, not what's going on with the website and entries, or when we can expect it to be resolved.

They have since made an announcement:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2976682-program-wide-issues-duplicates-in-diary-server-error-data-sync-unable-to-log
  • GiGiBeansGiGiBeans Posts: 1,083Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,083Member, Premium Member
    Yep, my subscription is up in July and not paying for it anymore. Same problems cropping up again and again this past year and now some new ones. Been on MFP since 2010 and the premium price is way too much for all these bugs.
  • SummerSkierSummerSkier Posts: 899Member, Premium Member Posts: 899Member, Premium Member
    I have been on here for 8 years. OMG. Just realized that. I agree that 90% of the time MFP functions as it should. However the 10% that it doesn't typically take them days to resolve and in some cases the data is never restored which is not the end of the world but does mess with my OCD ed ness. I think their communication as to the problems and expected resolutions are more of an issue most of the time than the actual issue. The updates and apologies etc are very vague. Sometimes I wonder if there is one techy guy trying to solve the whole issue by himself in Chennai. ;) <kidding, not kidding>
  • alinaromania21alinaromania21 Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    My sync not working either
  • kevinemsleykevinemsley Posts: 10Member, Premium Member Posts: 10Member, Premium Member
    try2again wrote: »
    one user states that its not the app creating duplicates but it's the user. This statement in damn nonsense and the author should not make such sweeping statements. I have been on this app for over 5 years and this is now garbage... it has stopped syncing with its own company partner and external partner apps and misreports the food consumption on the website. I apparently love this food!

That user thought you were referring to the fact that the database contains countless, user-created duplicate entries for the same item, and others have since clarified the problem you were referring to. Not cool that you're so quick with the nasty condemnation :(

How do you know what another using is thinking exactly? The discussion was very clear and the subject matter. The condemnation, which is not "nasty" is a clear statement of the ongoing technical issues with this platform and again, I would suggest that should you wish to respond in defence, you read the script before being the champion or the forum.
  • pandygirl56pandygirl56 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    @try2again, come on be honest. If someone said to you that you were wrong about something you said that wouldn't offend you in anyway. Because, it sounded like you were offend by how @kevinemsley responds to the other person. We are human we don't always comment in the correct way. Personally, I think they should have thought before committing.
  • pandygirl56pandygirl56 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    @try2again, just wanted to let you know I agree with what you said. Hope you have a great day. 😃
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,769Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,769Member, Premium Member
    I've been here 4 months, have had premium since the beginning and am very happy with the app and my progress so far. ☺
  • AwesomeOpossum74AwesomeOpossum74 Posts: 99Member Member Posts: 99Member Member
    Don't know if this helps with syncing issue at all ... I think MFP's sync could use some work.

Short story:
    Check for a link in your Diary > Exercise category to enable sync.

Long story:
    I've been using MyFitnessPal for a couple years now. When I first got MFP, took me a couple days of fiddling with MFP and Google Fit to get a stable sync. But once I got it, I didn't touch it and it worked great!

Got a new phone a few weeks ago. Needed to configure sync between MFP and Google Fit on the new device. Didn't work initially. Did the "clear application cache, force stop the apps, reconfigure sync, reinstall the apps ... still didn't work. Then ... I happened to be adding to my diary, and I saw a link under the Exercise category that said something to the effect of enabling sync to Google Fit. Clicked, and voila, it has been working flawlessly for a couple weeks now.