Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Fitbit not syncing with MFP

Replies

• youthfulgeezeryouthfulgeezer Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    When is this going to get fixed. This is crazy.
  • xxryu139xxxxryu139xx Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Working for me now. Just updated
    Did it require an update of the app? If so, no update available yet on Android (at least not on my phone).
  • editresseditress Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    My updated yesterday and nothing today. It is intermittent. It truly is annoying!
  • BustjejanBustjejan Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Really annoying....
  • melodyveganmelodyvegan Posts: 41Member Member Posts: 41Member Member
    Steps for the previous 3 days started showing up this morning for me. This evening, my steps for today started showing up...finally. There's a little delay (showing 10.5k steps when I have 11k) but it mostly seems resolved. I didnt do anything special...just waited.
  • 7elizamae7elizamae Posts: 748Member Member Posts: 748Member Member
    Same problem here -- MFP shows zero exercise synched from my fitbit.
  • helenchadwick01helenchadwick01 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Mine showed steps this morning, now back to nil again - it’s really frustrating!
    STILL not syncing. It's been a week now 😡
  • smoofinatorsmoofinator Posts: 635Member, Premium Member Posts: 635Member, Premium Member
    You might want to reach out to tech support. My fitbit is syncing just fine and has been since last week.
  • PhirrgusPhirrgus Posts: 1,904Member Member Posts: 1,904Member Member
    I've been patiently waiting since this started about a week ago. I see others beginning to sync, nothing on my note 8 though.

edit: From the tech support center

I'll give it a little more time, sounds like they're making headway with the problem.
    Due to the extent of the outage, our backlog of Fitbit sync requests is still extraordinarily high. We are continuing to see this backlog process and the number of backed up sync requests lower every hour since this fix was implemented. Members are seeing data start to sync from previous days (provided the member has not unlinked/ relinked Fitbit and MFP), which means that the older sync requests, from earlier in the week, are processing. As it continues to catch up, members will start to see more recent data syncing. But until the backlog is clear, there will still be a delay in sync. We are still working to resolve this for all members. During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will further increase the backlog of sync requests.

***We will continue to monitor the status of this over the weekend, and will update this article again on Monday, June 10. 2019***

Some members who have unlinked are having trouble and receiving an error when attempting to reconnect Fitbit to their MyFitnessPal account. If you are experiencing this, please wait until this Fitbit issue is resolved, and try to link your Fitbit account to your MyFitnessPal account then.

If you are seeing a sync error within your MyFitnessPal app (i.e. unable to sync, data stored locally, or server error, etc), some members have reported force quitting the app, and relaunching it, has helped them see data within the app. Please note: this is not reinstalling the app, simply force-quitting and reopening the app.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates. ​Thank you for your patience while we work on getting things back in order.

All the best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    edited June 10
    Well, I'm over a week now. I checked tech support for the update mentioned above for yesterday and there was no update. Looks like just tracking manually is the way to go for now.
    Ah nevermind, it just started syncing again. Nice.
  • agressreagressre Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    Mine still has not synced. Any ideas?
  • fordhamgrad54321fordhamgrad54321 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Over a week and still nothing. Very frustrating
  • WhisperALullabyWhisperALullaby Posts: 67Member Member Posts: 67Member Member
    Is there any way to get it to track the backlog? It only synced today, and I had to disconnect my app and reconnect to get that to even happen.
    Is there any way to get it to track the backlog? It only synced today, and I had to disconnect my app and reconnect to get that to even happen.

I disconnected/reconnected as well. It's working as advertised now, but it didn't pull any backlog sadly. I suppose it could backfill later if they're still working on it, but I'm not expecting it myself.
    Still no luck. Tried the steps from a post on the first page of this thread with zero success. Super frustrating.
    Still no luck. Tried the steps from a post on the first page of this thread with zero success. Super frustrating.

Mine is still syncing properly. What I did was log into the fitbit site, revoke access for mfp, then re-grant access with all permissions. Last update on the app was May 28th and I'm on Android Pie v.9.

Trying to unlink from the mfp site or app did nothing.

Hope that helps a bit.
    How did you regrant access? Mine hasn't synced for over a week now 😡