Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

day 3 of my fitbit not syncing to MFP

green_iris84green_iris84 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
the last two days I've read they are trying to fix the issue but how long is it going to take? Is there any new info for us users as of today. three days is a bit ridiculous. If anyone has and info one this id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• 3llauder3llauder Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I second this
  • BustjejanBustjejan Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    3rd! .....
  • teranga79teranga79 Posts: 201Member Member Posts: 201Member Member
    For a brief moment I thought mine had sorted itself out as they are at least linked today, and I can log food without it duplicating 300 times. But still no synching between them. Getting v annoying now.
  • MissAsh95MissAsh95 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Mine's still not syncing either. Day 4 :neutral:
  • Floreta68Floreta68 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Yes, this is my case also. Day 4 not syncing
  • melanielowe360melanielowe360 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Same for me it is so annoying! hope they get it sorted soon
  • wozniakswozniaks Posts: 71Member Member Posts: 71Member Member
    I just took mine off got too annoyed
  • suetheupswomansuetheupswoman Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    It be nice if they fixed this issues.
    Fitbit not working with MFP.
  • BeshannonBeshannon Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    Happens all the time seems to be a feature
  • BeckyBadnessBeckyBadness Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I didn’t realise how frustrating this would be! Fix it!
  • green_iris84green_iris84 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    yeah mine still isn't working!
    and it doesn't look like they have posted any update about the issue.
    this is what i just found:

Fitbit Sync Issues
    Friday, June 7, 2019, 1:47pm PST

Our apologies for the issues with your connected Fitbit account. Monday at around 11:45am we noticed an issue with our Fitbit service causing a backlog which would affect the data syncing between the two programs.

Throughout the rest of the week we have been diligently investigating and working to isolate the cause of this issue. Although we had implemented several changes attempting to address the symptom until we identified the root cause, none of those changes fully resolved the symptoms members have been experiencing. As of Thursday, we believe we have identified the root cause and implemented a fix for it.

Due to the extent of the outage, our backlog of Fitbit sync requests is still extraordinarily high. We are continuing to see this backlog process and the number of backed up sync requests lower every hour since this fix was implemented. Members are seeing data start to sync from previous days (provided the member has not unlinked/ relinked Fitbit and MFP), which means that the older sync requests, from earlier in the week, are processing. As it continues to catch up, members will start to see more recent data syncing. But until the backlog is clear, there will still be a delay in sync. We are still working to resolve this for all members. During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will further increase the backlog of sync requests.

Some members who have unlinked are having trouble and receiving an error when attempting to reconnect Fitbit to their MyFitnessPal account. If you are experiencing this, please wait until this Fitbit issue is resolved, and try to link your Fitbit account to your MyFitnessPal account then.

If you are seeing a sync error within your MyFitnessPal app (i.e. unable to sync, data stored locally, or server error, etc), some members have reported force quitting the app, and relaunching it, has helped them see data within the app. Please note: this is not reinstalling the app, simply force-quitting and reopening the app.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available. Please check back for further updates. ​Thank you for your patience while we work on getting things back in order.

All the best,
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • glenderspenderglenderspender Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    So discouraging when MFP says I'm over my calories by 49 in red. Four days!!!
  • CH149671CH149671 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Green_iris84, where are these updates from MFP Tech Support being posted? They said they will continue to post updates on the issue, so where did you find this one?
  • ginnytezginnytez Posts: 370Member, Premium Member Posts: 370Member, Premium Member
    On the Help page. Mine seems to be back to working today.
  • sas8106sas8106 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Day 5 and no sync. Ridiculous
  • CarmenSRTCarmenSRT Posts: 843Member Member Posts: 843Member Member
    Mine just synced! <faints from surprise>
  • LisaW57LisaW57 Posts: 226Member Member Posts: 226Member Member
    With the exception of my calorie diary, my MFP is syncing as expected to Fitbit. Since Thursday night, th calorie diary syncs overnight, but only up to lunch the previous day. (So this morning, I am synced up to lunch yesterday.)
  • RBloves8RBloves8 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    Mine still has not synched 😒 it hasn't since the first
    edited June 9