Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Long time coming. Ricotta protein cheesecake.

2»

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,435Member Member Posts: 7,435Member Member
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Posts: 321Member Member Posts: 321Member Member
    I'm guessing the answer to this is no but can you sub that PBfit stuff for the protein powder?
    I mean, com'on peanut butter cheesecake??? There can't be anything on the planet I'd rather die eating....
    I just ordered a 6x3 pan so now will go check out ProteinCo sample packs! Thanks!
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Posts: 98Member, Premium Member Posts: 98Member, Premium Member
    I had never made a cheesecake before but gave this a try. Could only find a shallower 10" pan at walmart so did a double recipe.

Only difference was could only find partial skim ricotta, not full fat free but specs are pretty close. Used Phase 8 Protein powder since that's what I could find in regular vanilla at walmart as well.

I'm not exactly "king of the kitchen" and wasn't feeling up to super crazy google searching and I didn't exactly understand what you meant with beat the egg whites until peak etc etc. So I just mixed the yolks in, whisked the egg whites and then turned my mixer on slowest speed and slowly added it then turned it off right away. End results seemed fine?

Topped it with a small amount of sugar free cool whip and a strawberry. I am pleased with the taste and results anyway. I'm going to try your cream cheese recipe version next time!

wxbzpge6esfs.jpeg
    00k8sgq4sben.jpeg
    rhzihjdqfssj.jpeg
    00gfcvg56u2g.jpeg
    d54ifrdq4fpe.jpeg
    72y5185igvfb.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!

Your version looks mighty tasty! My go-to cheesecake recipe is New York style loaded with 5 pkgs of cream cheese. When I was telling dh about this recipe, he said 'yeh but it isn't going to taste like yours'. Well then I'll get to eat it all by myself won't I? :) Ordered protein powder, bought the 6x3 pan, so will pick up the rest of the ingreds. and try it out. It looks so good and I *love* cheesecake.
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Posts: 98Member, Premium Member Posts: 98Member, Premium Member
    Oh I also wanted to add I made one other adjustment I forgot to post. I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down so I used sugar free pudding!
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    Oh I also wanted to add I made one other adjustment I forgot to post. I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down so I used sugar free pudding!

Whipped to stiff peaks.....
    - place the egg whites into a bowl and turn the mixer on low medium speed
    - when you see them foaming, increase the speed to fast
    - when you see the mixture white and thick, sort of sticking to the whisk, you are done.
    - test is to flip the bowl upside down, if you are brave. If nothing falls out, perfection :)

Also, try the other cheesecake recipe. Very different but maybe even better :)
    edited December 5
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    gemiller87 wrote: »

Whipped to stiff peaks.....
    - place the egg whites into a bowl and turn the mixer on low medium speed
    - when you see them foaming, increase the speed to fast
    - when you see the mixture white and thick, sort of sticking to the whisk, you are done.
    - test is to flip the bowl upside down, if you are brave. If nothing falls out, perfection :)

Also, try the other cheesecake recipe. Very different but maybe even better :)

I will add I brought in a couple slices to work (family company) and shared them with my mother-in-law and step-father-in-law and they both loved it also! It's very light but not dry. Very pleased with the end result! Thanks again for sharing.

I will definitely be giving the other one a try (I might even have enough stuff at home to try that one right away too) but will also definitely be making this one again as well. Nice to have a special treat that doesn't break the calorie and macro's bank!

• sonilacsonilac Posts: 53Member Member Posts: 53Member Member
    I have to make this, looks delicious:)). Thank you for sharing your recipe. I made the other protein cheesecake recipe you shared a while back for my husband and he loved it. Thank you
    Ok, what did I do wrong? I took it out at exactly 50 minutes but it might have gotten overdone a couple minutes, it was kinda dry and seemed a little bit browner than your pictures. :(
    I'll have to try it again.
    Overdone for sure.
    It should be moist and very airy, fluffy, light. Maybe next time check up on it once a while to see whats doing? Also, you might want to cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Remove for the last couple minutes.

Might be a dumb question but did you do 360F or 360C????
    edited December 9
    Overdone for sure.
    It should be moist and very airy, fluffy, light. Maybe next time check up on it once a while to see whats doing? Also, you might want to cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Remove for the last couple minutes.

360 F.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Overdone for sure.

360 F.

In that case definitely check your oven temp. Maybe try 350F and check how its doing after 30min or so.