Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Long time coming. Ricotta protein cheesecake.

2

Replies

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited November 2019
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,572 Member Member Posts: 1,572 Member
    I'm guessing the answer to this is no but can you sub that PBfit stuff for the protein powder?
    I mean, com'on peanut butter cheesecake??? There can't be anything on the planet I'd rather die eating....
    I just ordered a 6x3 pan so now will go check out ProteinCo sample packs! Thanks!
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member
    I had never made a cheesecake before but gave this a try. Could only find a shallower 10" pan at walmart so did a double recipe.

    Only difference was could only find partial skim ricotta, not full fat free but specs are pretty close. Used Phase 8 Protein powder since that's what I could find in regular vanilla at walmart as well.

    I'm not exactly "king of the kitchen" and wasn't feeling up to super crazy google searching and I didn't exactly understand what you meant with beat the egg whites until peak etc etc. So I just mixed the yolks in, whisked the egg whites and then turned my mixer on slowest speed and slowly added it then turned it off right away. End results seemed fine?

    Topped it with a small amount of sugar free cool whip and a strawberry. I am pleased with the taste and results anyway. I'm going to try your cream cheese recipe version next time!

    wxbzpge6esfs.jpeg
    00k8sgq4sben.jpeg
    rhzihjdqfssj.jpeg
    00gfcvg56u2g.jpeg
    d54ifrdq4fpe.jpeg
    72y5185igvfb.jpeg

    Thanks for sharing!


  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,572 Member Member Posts: 1,572 Member
    Your version looks mighty tasty! My go-to cheesecake recipe is New York style loaded with 5 pkgs of cream cheese. When I was telling dh about this recipe, he said 'yeh but it isn't going to taste like yours'. Well then I'll get to eat it all by myself won't I? :) Ordered protein powder, bought the 6x3 pan, so will pick up the rest of the ingreds. and try it out. It looks so good and I *love* cheesecake.
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member
    Oh I also wanted to add I made one other adjustment I forgot to post. I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down so I used sugar free pudding!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    Oh I also wanted to add I made one other adjustment I forgot to post. I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down so I used sugar free pudding!

    Whipped to stiff peaks.....
    - place the egg whites into a bowl and turn the mixer on low medium speed
    - when you see them foaming, increase the speed to fast
    - when you see the mixture white and thick, sort of sticking to the whisk, you are done.
    - test is to flip the bowl upside down, if you are brave. If nothing falls out, perfection :)

    Also, try the other cheesecake recipe. Very different but maybe even better :)
    edited December 2019
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    Oh I also wanted to add I made one other adjustment I forgot to post. I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down so I used sugar free pudding!

    Whipped to stiff peaks.....
    - place the egg whites into a bowl and turn the mixer on low medium speed
    - when you see them foaming, increase the speed to fast
    - when you see the mixture white and thick, sort of sticking to the whisk, you are done.
    - test is to flip the bowl upside down, if you are brave. If nothing falls out, perfection :)

    Also, try the other cheesecake recipe. Very different but maybe even better :)

    I will add I brought in a couple slices to work (family company) and shared them with my mother-in-law and step-father-in-law and they both loved it also! It's very light but not dry. Very pleased with the end result! Thanks again for sharing.

    I will definitely be giving the other one a try (I might even have enough stuff at home to try that one right away too) but will also definitely be making this one again as well. Nice to have a special treat that doesn't break the calorie and macro's bank!

  • sonilacsonilac Member Posts: 55 Member Member Posts: 55 Member
    I have to make this, looks delicious:)). Thank you for sharing your recipe. I made the other protein cheesecake recipe you shared a while back for my husband and he loved it. Thank you
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,572 Member Member Posts: 1,572 Member
    Ok, what did I do wrong? I took it out at exactly 50 minutes but it might have gotten overdone a couple minutes, it was kinda dry and seemed a little bit browner than your pictures. :(
    I'll have to try it again.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    Overdone for sure.
    It should be moist and very airy, fluffy, light. Maybe next time check up on it once a while to see whats doing? Also, you might want to cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Remove for the last couple minutes.

    Might be a dumb question but did you do 360F or 360C????
    edited December 2019
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,572 Member Member Posts: 1,572 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Overdone for sure.
    It should be moist and very airy, fluffy, light. Maybe next time check up on it once a while to see whats doing? Also, you might want to cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Remove for the last couple minutes.

    Might be a dumb question but did you do 360F or 360C????

    360 F.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Overdone for sure.
    It should be moist and very airy, fluffy, light. Maybe next time check up on it once a while to see whats doing? Also, you might want to cover the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning. Remove for the last couple minutes.

    Might be a dumb question but did you do 360F or 360C????

    360 F.

    In that case definitely check your oven temp. Maybe try 350F and check how its doing after 30min or so.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    Weekend happenings.

    p2hfdmi0y31b.jpg
  • tracimckinneytracimckinney Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    Thank you so much for the recipe! This is my second time making it. I used vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt and added 42 grams of chopped dried cherries. So good! yahkmf1v03vi.jpg
    7qc9srnjsst6.jpg

    Nutrition is for 1/6 servings:
    t6vd28lougre.png
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    Thank you so much for the recipe! This is my second time making it. I used vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt and added 42 grams of chopped dried cherries. So good! yahkmf1v03vi.jpg
    7qc9srnjsst6.jpg

    Nutrition is for 1/6 servings:
    t6vd28lougre.png

    Glad you like it. Looks great!!!!
  • agatka9320agatka9320 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Has anyone ever tried it with a strawberry 🍓 protein powder? Would it taste good? That’s all I’ve got! :)
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    agatka9320 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried it with a strawberry 🍓 protein powder? Would it taste good? That’s all I’ve got! :)

    Do you like the taste of your protein powder? Then it would be good.
  • gininthegymgininthegym Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    So in the UK we don't have pudding mix. What exactly is it? Gelatine n flavourings?
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    So in the UK we don't have pudding mix. What exactly is it? Gelatine n flavourings?

    Nope.
    Make this.
    https://www.browneyedbaker.com/diy-homemade-instant-vanilla-pudding-mix/
  • sbermudsbermud Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    769 calories in the entire cheesecake?
Sign In or Register to comment.