Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Sick of water

Options
2»

Replies

• CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I actually never ever drink plain water, ever! I find it boring and hard to get down. I ususally carbonate my water and add some sort of juicy fruit to it to give it some pahzaz.

Bubbling up my water makes it feel like a corbonated (pepsi) drink but a lot healthier :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. Iced, hot, doesn't matter, I love it all. You can also try infusing your water with different fruits to give it a little flavor with few calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    pamelawh wrote: »
    stay away from diet drinks. they aren't any good for you. if you want to pump up your water, get lemon concentrate and put a squeeze in or buy a lemon or lime or orange and put a squeeze in. water keeps you hydrated and it has benefits like your skin looking better. don't give up on water.

This isn't true.

Diet soda is 99% water, have as much sodium as tap water, too. And aspartame? It's not as scary as you'd think:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • darbydean
    darbydean Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make my own lemonade... 1 can of seltzer water, juice of half a lemon and half a lime, sweetener to taste. I use home made sugar syrup, but i have worked my way down to about a tea spoon.

Also very nice with a sneaky shot of vodka or gin!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I never drank as much soda as you did, but I used to have one or two a day. I found that the LaCroix sparkling waters satisfied my fizzy drink craving pretty well. I especially like the Coconut and Grapefruit flavors.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see that the anti-diet soda arguments were just as baseless 9 and half years ago as they are today.

And I'm always careful to check the dates of threads to make sure they aren't zombies!

2007, 2017, whatever.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    It's nice to see that the anti-diet soda arguments were just as baseless 9 and half years ago as they are today.

And I'm always careful to check the dates of threads to make sure they aren't zombies!

2007, 2017, whatever.

Quite frankly, I prefer 2007 to 2017. Can we please go back?

Maybe this thread is a portal in the time-space continuum!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Jfc. I need more coffee. :laugh: No, scrap that. I need a caffeine IV. A 2 hour sleep night derps me.
  • ValkyrieFury79
    ValkyrieFury79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    lashonda wrote: »
    I used to drink at least one and sometimes two whole 2 liters of Pepsi a day. It was very common for me to go several days with no water at all. Now that Im tring to change my bad ways and lose some weight I have only had water and quite frankly Im sick of it. If I never see another glass of water again that would be fine with me.

Has anyone found a good diet drink out there that you really like?
    Anything to keep me from a major Pepsi relapse.

I absolutely HATE water and am trying to drink it everyday as well - i have found Mio makes these flavor enhancers for water and the best (no diet tasting) ones I have found so far are the Sweet tea and Orange Vanilla flavors. they definitely help because without them, i probably would only drink water when I take my vitamins in the morning.