I cried at the park today

Options
1235»

Replies

• Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The first time I walked after being sedentary for 6 months I walked 1/4 of a mile with my dogs (who had dog walkers no fear!). I had to stop often because my spine was KILLING me. I couldn't even support myself STANDING UP! A few weeks later I could walk without any back pain but I was so ashamed as well. Not even 1/4 of a mile and I was in agony during and after. I know the feeling. You will get stronger and have a lot of courage to even begin. Keep going!
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I once got kicked off the batman ride at six flags because I was too fat; the safety bar wouldn't come down far enough. After waiting for 2.5 hours and in front of few hundred people I got publicly fat shamed. XD Now I look back at it and laugh but it was so embarrassing at the time.

My advice is be kind, compassionate, and patient with yourself. I'm 45 and I'm just starting my weight loss, just think if you stick with it by the time you're my age you'll be fit as a fiddle. :)

I suggested Maitri Meditation to someone else in these forums. The key to success is loving thyself.