Optimal calorie goal for gaining muscle + weight

13»

Replies

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    mgmgmg1981 wrote: »
    Since I need to eat a bunch of carbs... What are your favorite carb-y foods, for breakfast / lunch / dinner and snacks ?

I love fruit as mentioned before, I guess I shouldn't even limit myself on the fruit servings to begin with!

As I mentioned before, porridge/oats for breakfast, the highest calorie bread I can find to have a sandwich with and for dinner chili con carne, Bolognese or chicken curry with a good helping of rice, spaghetti, pasta, potatoes or whatever carb source you like yourself.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    DAtes are lovely in porridge as well - put on some weight! My very slim 18 year old 6 foot son is about 69 kilos and trying to put some on - see if you can catch him up :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Some of the things I go-to when bulking..

For breakfast: Pancakes, waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, syrup, jam, fruit

For lunch/dinner: rice, noodles, pasta, pita, naan, potatoes

Snacks: candy, dried fruit, juice, kid's cereals
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited July 2019
    My carbs: Bananas . Apples. Cereal like Cinnamon Toast Crunch or even lucky charms with almond milk. Rice cakes, steamed rice, yogurts, white or wheat bread. Pretzels. Mashed potatoes. Protein pancakes. I do eat veggies of course but I didn’t list those.
  • mgmgmg1981
    mgmgmg1981 Posts: 31 Member
    Thanks !!! I weightes myself today and I was at 55kg which is lower than I thought. Time to constantly hit my calories goal. I barely hit the 1800 kcal daily which is clearly problematic!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    mgmgmg1981 wrote: »
    Thanks !!! I weightes myself today and I was at 55kg which is lower than I thought. Time to constantly hit my calories goal. I barely hit the 1800 kcal daily which is clearly problematic!

Yikes.... but just to note, you will probably continue to lose on 1800, just slower, you should be in the 2500-3000 cals/day range. If you have trouble eating that much, drink more calories (milk, juice, etc) full fat and full sugar versions of foods
  • mgmgmg1981
    mgmgmg1981 Posts: 31 Member
    Yeah I need to be consistent for sure ! I am spending a little holiday for my birthday so I was able to hit 2500-3000 today and yesterday, feels good.

I think I shouldn't keep counting calories too precisely, or at all now... Takes a lot of time and eating intuitively would help me refrain myself for getting too calorific foods which I need haha.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions !