TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Replies

• mylosinggametowin
    mylosinggametowin Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2019
    Daily Post (Tuesday, July 16)

Track: Yes✅
    Calories: Yes✅
    Exercise: Yes✅ I was out the door by 6:18 and got in some mileage around my neighborhood!!
    Goals/Day/Comments: this week I have decided is going to be all about the walking mileage. So getting out early is the name of the game especially since Oklahoma heat/summer has arrived and the temps are above 100° in the afternoon!!

vw8erdp85gwa.png
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited July 2019
    Daily Post: July 16th

Track: Yes
    Calories under goal: No, over
    Exercise: No, was out of town most of the day

Had some great new today. The biopsy was benign!! I can breathe again.

@CindyJNC1963 That's AWESOME news! SOOO happy for you!
  • AB0215
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 90 mins walking, 60 mins weight training--Hang Snatches, Clean + Split Jerks, Pull ups, Dips.
    The hang snatches weren't great, but the clean & jerks were pretty great, guess you can't win them all.
  • jeapri17
    jeapri17 Posts: 63 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday, July 16)

Exercise: Yes, 20 min of stretching
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,767 Member
    Daily Post: July 15, Monday
    Exercise: Mowing grass
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2019
    Weekly weigh-in: Wednesday

Username: dracocapricorn
    Goal Weight: 137 lb

Week: July Week 3
    PW: 143.4
    CW: 144.4 (+1 lb)

Uh -.- Bouncing a Little bit
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Daily Post: July 17
    Calories: close under
    Water: 12 cups
    Exercise: Daily Burn and 10366 steps

Goals July goals
    1) Track: track as soon as a meal over :/ but I did track everything I ate did well with tracking breakfast and dinner
    2) Steps at least 100,000 steps a week :/ ( 87620 week total )
    3)Strength at least once a day <3
    4) Diet one salad, one fruit: <3

Yesterday worked two jobs but tried to get my steps in by parking across campus, taking a long loop back to my car but still did not get the steps in. This is something I need to work on in terms of creating some kind of non-negotiable habit.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    @CindyJNC1963 I’m so happy to hear that it was benign! What a relief! Amazing news 🤗
  • skrowe88
    skrowe88 Posts: 52 Member
    PW = 207.2
    CW= 207.6

Could have been worse! I overate this past weekend. You think I would learn that lesson by now!
  • AB0215
    skrowe88 wrote: »
    PW = 207.2
    CW= 207.6

Could have been worse! I overate this past weekend. You think I would learn that lesson by now!

@skrowe88 Old habits die hard, it takes a lot of mental energy to make lasting changes, and weekends for some reason have become hard for me as well, which is weird, because it didn't used to be an issue.
    You may find it beneficial to take a little time and sit down and think about what you're doing over the weekend and try to plan your meals around your events and such on the weekends. For me, in the beginning, I spent a lot of time pre-planning and seeing it on paper was a reminder for me that I have goals and I need to stay focused on them if I am going to achieve them.
  • cydneebauman
    cydneebauman Posts: 122 Member
    July Week 3 weigh in

Wednesday
    Cydneebauman
    PW 174.2
    CW 172.4

@AB0215 I think this should be my last month in challenge, I dont have the appropriate time to be active on this thread. I feel bad that I can never reply or post
  • galeroke
    galeroke Posts: 41 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Track: Yes :-)
    Calories: under :-)
    Exercise: Week 1 Day 2 C25K and managed ~13000steps over course of day :-)
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Username gjaholy33
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    Week July Week 3
    PW: 459.6
    CW: 454.2

Goals/comments yay FAVOR and I haven't even workout this week yet but hoping to go bowling Friday.

Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Goals/comments
    Stay on point with my meals with exception I skip dinner wasn't really hungry but around ten was craving McDonald's but I didn't succumb so proud of me for standing my ground.

Daily Post Wednesday

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 184oz
    Goals/comments
    Just finished eating lunch so majority of my tracking is done for today
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Daily post for Tuesday

Calories: yes, under
    Water: yes 100+ oz
    Exercise: yes - 30+ minutes of my new e-book

Oddly enough, despite drinking 100+ oz of water most days, the inbody scale still shows me a little dehydrated. Guess I need to up it some due to the lovely heat and humidity these days!

Day 1 of my new work went really well. I'm struggling a bit today, though. It's not that I feel guilty for working out, but some days I just want to go home and spend that time with my family. And those days, I really struggle with what to do. Stress at work doesn't help, of course. I guess we'll see how the afternoon goes and go from there!
  • lsjhudson
    lsjhudson Posts: 181 Member
    💥Daily Post: Wednesday, 17th July 💥

✅Track: yes
    ✅Calories: under
    ✅Exercise: 40 min walk

Comments: feel rubbish, really wish I could have a duvet day!! But everything in general MFP wise on track 👍
  • lsjhudson
    Daily Post: July 16th

Calories under goal: No, over
    Exercise: No, was out of town most of the day

Had some great new today. The biopsy was benign!! I can breathe again.

This is such a relief..big hugs to you!
  • lsjhudson
    o0kody0o wrote: »
    🌟 Daily Post: Tuesday, 16 July

☹️Track: No
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking and a lot of housework this morning
    💭Comments: This is the first time I haven’t tracked what I’ve eaten. I’ve had such a long day and night with my son who is teething. It’s almost midnight here and I’m just home from a drive. I decided to take my son for a drive to see if it would help him sleep and he was out like a light by the time we got home. Back on track tomorrow team - hope you are all well 😊

Teething is the pits! Hang on there mama!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215 wrote: »
    AB0215
    July Week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 138.0 lbs
    CW: 140.6 lbs

So I don't really want to talk about this except I do. Wednesday I weighed 135.6, and Thursday was hungry so I ate, Friday same thing, the thing is I have been experimenting with different foods this week and how they affect me, the downside is well the scale is responding, although telling me what I needed to know. It's not mathematically possible for me to have gained 5 lbs of fat in 48 hours based on the amount of food I actually ate, it's that my body is responding negatively and holding water to the foods I ate which is of course, showing up in the form of extra numbers on the scale I don't want to see. So the bottom line is that I learned what I needed to know by eliminating certain foods from my diet more than a month ago and then trying to reintroduce them and saw a negative impact both on the scale and on how I felt, which is exactly what I needed to know and of course, I have to live with these choices this week, but that's all it is, water weight and inflammation and next week I can get back to normal.

If you don’t mind me asking? I deal with the same issue at times..

What foods did you eliminate and saw a negative impact after reintroducing back?

@Fitness327wk So I have been thinking a lot about your question and I'm a bit leery of sharing considering what I've done is a bit (a lot) extreme and I'm not sure that I can exactly recommend doing what I'm at this point, but if you look at it from that point of view, then it okay.
    Beginning of June I went on an elimination diet or the carnivore diet where I was only eating beef and eggs and did that for 30 days. Before I went on the diet, I was having some extreme swings in body weight and strength issues, where some days I felt really strong and other days I just didn't.
    Some points worth noting are that this IS an extreme. I only did this as a means to figure out what may have been causing my issues, I had every intention of reintroducing back ketogenic veggies like lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.

What I found is I actually feel better, look better and perform better on this diet. What's interesting is that there seems to be some evidence that based on your heritage, you may do better on a diet like this, and I fall into that category based on where my father's side of the family is from. What I really didn't expect was to see so many extreme results. And what really really surprised me (and this may be a bit of TMI for some of the audience, so...sorry in advance) was to have my FIRST PMS symptom free TOM. I literally had no symptoms, bloating, cramps, headaches, none of it. And I suffered A LOT prior to eating a ketogenic diet, so extreme there, some days couldn't even get out of bed, but on Keto I felt a lot better, had very few days where I couldn't get out of bed, fewer headaches, and a lot less bloating, but on Carnivore, I had ZERO of those symptoms, and I didn't even realize it until day 4 of my period, didn't miss those symptoms lol. I swear that if that's a trend that continues, I will probably not eat carbs again, because I have never felt so free!

But the thing is, I was really interested in the diet from an elimination diet standpoint because I wanted to eventually start reintroducing back in low carb veggies to see if that was what was causing it or something else. So I ate broccoli on Thursday and the reaction was huge. Instantly bloated, Friday I had NO strength for my weightlifting and on Saturday I was still up 5 lbs. The reaction was severe, and I've decided to go back to Carnivore.

I would like to mention again, I am by no means suggesting everyone go Carnivore...that's an extreme and a decision that actually took me several months to come to. But ultimately, may be the way I eat from now on, not 100% sure what I'm going to do in the future and on a side note, I know what a lot of people will say about the diet itself, not being healthy and all, but it really is. It's all grass fed, grass finished, sustainably raised meat I eat from a local farmer (and family friend--I can actually meet my cow--not that I think I could do that and still eat it, just saying), and I've had my blood work done to make sure I'm good, and I've never been healthier! Going to keep heading in this direction as I am really seeing a loooot of benefits out of it, and one last time I will mention I don't necessarily recommend doing what I'm doing, it is an extreme and I am doing it for my own health.

Appreciate your response! Insightful!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Username: Fitness327wk 💃🌸🌺
    Week: July week Three
    PW = 136.8
    CW=136
This discussion has been closed.