Bad News - High Cholesterol

1235»

Replies

• AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    I want to thank everyone on here for your very helpful input with my high cholesterol levels. I appreciate the feedback!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Momjogger wrote: »
    I don’t agree with those that are pushing red meat and pork and saying dairy and eggs are OK. Lean chicken and turkey, any green vegetables you can eat, sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice, squashes. Processed carbs have a greater effect on raising cholesterol than previously thought. Don’t eat things you are allergic to as each time you expose yourself, your body can have a stronger reaction.

What is wrong with red meat, pork, dairy or eggs? They are whole natural foods. All the red meat correlations are on processed red meats. And dairy has been shown to reduce the risk of most cancers, improve body composition and linked to satiety.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I think you need therapy and a registered dietitian way more than you need suggestions from random Internet strangers.
  • mandyslilja
    mandyslilja Posts: 6 Member
    I have high cholesterol thanks to medicine I’m on. (Yes it helped contribute to it but my diet wasn’t helping with the junk food I had been eating) I take a statin everyday and I still eat Cheerios occasionally (people may scoff or make fun but it has lowered my cholesterol considerably in the past). I also eat eggs almost every day so I wouldn’t give that up.