July 2019 B210k group

Replies

• TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    ag2fudnlpff2.jpg

So I may have skipped a few steps yesterday. To be fair it was the perfect evening for a run. I had dropped my lovely wife in town for an evening so I had the chance to run along Eastbourne seafront. It was a mild temperature, a very soft sea breeze, the occasional drop of rain. 64 minutes later and my first 10k of the modern era was complete.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Amazing, well done!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Great job!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    ag2fudnlpff2.jpg

So I may have skipped a few steps yesterday. To be fair it was the perfect evening for a run. I had dropped my lovely wife in town for an evening so I had the chance to run along Eastbourne seafront. It was a mild temperature, a very soft sea breeze, the occasional drop of rain. 64 minutes later and my first 10k of the modern era was complete.

Wow. That's inspiring.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Are you excited for the weekend @kilobykilo ?
  • kilobykilo
    Are you excited for the weekend @kilobykilo ?

Thanks for asking!

wish it wasnt this weekend.....! Crazy week, had no time to think never mind get out and jog a bit. Weather is horrid. But, no matter the setbacks Sunday will be a good day!
  • emmamcgarity
    @kilobykilo was your 10k today? How’d it go?
  • kilobykilo
    @emmamcgarity thanks for asking! Currently cooking a mountain of pasta as it is in the morning..... the weather has been so miserable today, got soaked to the skin just picking my number up! Everything crossed tomorrow is better!
  • emmamcgarity
    Good luck! I went to Parkrun this morning and did the 5k twice with about a 3-5 minute rest in between. I thought if you and wondered if today was the day. If I add my two 5ks together I landed at around 71-72 minutes total and kept mostly to a conversational pace throughout. I’m likely signing up for a 10k race in November
  • TheMrWobbly
    Have a great day @kilobykilo
    mowqbfxqhtc3.jpg
  • TheMrWobbly
    Missed the park run yesterday so did a 'sort of' 10k today. 5k to McDonalds, stopped off for 10 minutes to get a free latte and then 5k back.
  • kilobykilo
    @TheMrWobbly love that! Im now walkkng to meet a mate for a probable macdonalds which will be much dirtier than a latte! Final supper before a month of focus..... and probably just about deserved after this morning's exertions!
  • TheMrWobbly
    I bet that McDonalds was delicious!!!! A week on I thought I would try another 10k to prove to myself it wasn't one off. Feeling it at the end of this one, there were more ups and downs than the seafront and it was the 3rd day doing 10k in the last 8 days so might drop back down to 5k twice a week and 10k+ once every two weeks.
  • kilobykilo
    Turned into this, was delish!

b73ax6w20fhd.jpg

I still cant actually run 10km..... and try to only run on the flat at river level.... but by 26th April, I will be a pro, I hope! Next race booked!

Think I'm going to follow a similar plan to you.... two shorter runs and a long one each week. Cant wait for lighter mornings from next week so I can do weds pre work!
  • TheMrWobbly
    That looks goooooooood!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Just entered my first half marathon!!! I just wanted to say that, I'm actually going to jog 10k and then see what happens, hopefully reach 15k though I will walk whatever I need to. Whatever I do my race fee is donated to the poppy appeal for ex-service men and women and I couldn't be happier to support them :)
    2s7bv8lh79bv.jpg
  • kilobykilo
    Exciting times!
  • TheMrWobbly
    How long to your race @emmamcgarity ?
  • emmamcgarity
    How long to your race @emmamcgarity ?
    Nov 2 for my 5k race. Might do a 10k on Nov 28
  • kilobykilo