July 2019 B210k group

Options
1234568»

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes this is the goal race for the running class I’ve been going to each week. One of the coaches agreed to pace me for the race.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Bril! Are you still enjoying the classes? What pace will the coach be setting for you?

My 10km part 2 training starts today! I've got 6 months, so, have made a random plan that I'll adjust as I go.

Going to use the Bristish Heart Foundation plans, which are 8 weeks each, and start with intermediate 5km, then beginner 10km then intermediate 10km. And..... see where that leaves me in april!

Enjoy your park runs those of you lucky enough to have them!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    That's excellent @emmamcgarity and I bet you can't wait for the 28th?

Let me know how you get on with the BHF plans @kilobykilo. I just found out that the UA MapMyRun app has built in training programmes so I started one today to combine with the park run. It gave me the option of time or distance and I am definitely not looking for times at this stage, getting to the finish is my target for now, so this will hopefully suit me.

Are you getting a run in this weekend @Just_Ceci ?

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly that sounds cool. I've never got on with mapmyrun..... might dog it out again this next few weeks :)
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    My coach wants me to go for a 30:00 in the 5k and plans to pace me for that. It ends up being 9:38 per mile. I think that pace will be quite a reach for me. 31:00 is likely more realistic.

Completed my first continuous 10k tonight at my training pace. Total time was 1:12:06. I felt strong throughout. I feel I could have ran longer but I stopped just so I’d have a time to measure against in the future.

I’m definitely enjoying the class and the structured training program. I’ve been looking through half marathon training programs and they don’t feel nearly as out of reach as they once were.

In other news, I currently have 2 more pounds to lose to reach the top of the healthy BMI range for my height. My personal goal is a little lighter (9 more pounds for my personal goal) just because I want to allow for fluctuations. It’s nearing 2 years of counting calories and I feel comfortable continuing to track forever at this point. It’s become a habit. I started at the bottom of the obese range. So I’m definitely feeling healthier than I was 2 years ago.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My coach wants me to go for a 30:00 in the 5k and plans to pace me for that. It ends up being 9:38 per mile. I think that pace will be quite a reach for me. 31:00 is likely more realistic.

Completed my first continuous 10k tonight at my training pace. Total time was 1:12:06. I felt strong throughout. I feel I could have ran longer but I stopped just so I’d have a time to measure against in the future.

I’m definitely enjoying the class and the structured training program. I’ve been looking through half marathon training programs and they don’t feel nearly as out of reach as they once were.

In other news, I currently have 2 more pounds to lose to reach the top of the healthy BMI range for my height. My personal goal is a little lighter (9 more pounds for my personal goal) just because I want to allow for fluctuations. It’s nearing 2 years of counting calories and I feel comfortable continuing to track forever at this point. It’s become a habit. I started at the bottom of the obese range. So I’m definitely feeling healthier than I was 2 years ago.

Congrats on meeting all these goals!

• TheMrWobbly
    Options
    That is really impressive @emmamcgarity and congratulations on your first complete 10k. We have the same aim to reach an official 'healthy' BMI though I confess I started somewhat further away from it! Keep us updated on the race, I find that, for no apparent reason, I go slightly quicker in a group event than running solo.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @emmamcgarity amazing progress, well done! I agree with with @TheMrWobbly that on race day you'll probably fine that bit of extra speed :)

Starting my new programme today. Let's see if I can keep this one up!

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    That's excellent @emmamcgarity and I bet you can't wait for the 28th?

Let me know how you get on with the BHF plans @kilobykilo. I just found out that the UA MapMyRun app has built in training programmes so I started one today to combine with the park run. It gave me the option of time or distance and I am definitely not looking for times at this stage, getting to the finish is my target for now, so this will hopefully suit me.

Are you getting a run in this weekend @Just_Ceci ?

Have a great weekend everyone!

No, but I spent all day Saturday hiking around Little Rock! :|

Next weekend is a 3 day camping trip with scheduled hikes each day. Completely offline- no, electricity, no cell phone signal, etc. Temps will be in the mid- 20's F for two of the three nights. Should be an awesome trip!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    That sounds so good @Just_Ceci - have a great trip!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    So my training plan included a 'speed' test yesterday. Apart from the fact I got confused as the app talked to me every 1/2 mile instead of every mile so I started my 'quick mile' early as I couldn't hear the voice with the nearby traffic I gave a really good effort for just over a mile. Made almost no difference what so ever. Instead of 10 minute mile I did - wait for it - 9:54!!! Oh yeah, I showed them a thing or two.

To be fair it was first sub 31 minute 5k so there was something to smile about through the sweat pouring from my brow :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    A busy day with cycling and walking before my parkrun. I tried Eastbourne for the first time and it was tricky as the first 1/2 mile was narrow and I spent most of the time trying to avoid others and chopping and changing pace. Came up with a new PB at 30:23, there is more to come as I had a comfortable bike ride home afterwards.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    A bit slower tonight through 5k at 32:44. Thinking about skipping Thursday's jog before trying 15k on Saturday
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I think it is time to sign off from this group. I would love to hear from any of you who have been active and supportive whether for racing fairy updates or showjumping stories. I look forward to seeing you in other running forums on MFP or would love to join as 'friends'.

I will sign of with style (for me anyway) with my first ever half marathon raising money for the poppy appeal (for ex-service personnel and their families). This is 19 weeks from my start of C25K and 5 weeks from my first 5k this century. You all can do this!
    r3ocd884yxai.jpg
    lu9ji2fe1qck.jpg

• kilobykilo
    Options
    Love this so much! Well done! Excite to follow you on the rest of your journey and whatever amazong successes that brings!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options