July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Good luck @PastorVincent!

We had a strong storm come through last night so now I have a new clean-up project. I'm sure I can work some strength training in on this:
    n2ca6s2euwuj.jpg

jzu4h7rh94v2.jpg

Last year my whole fence blew over so at least this time it's only one panel. Anyone with a chainsaw want to come over? I have beer!

I have a great electric chainsaw. I'll be over. But I'm beer picky and a light weight. 🥴 So.. one beer.

Best of luck today @PastorVincent !!!! What are you wearing? You let Kristi put it together? How do you smell? No fru fru for an interview. Trim the nails. You got this!!!!!

Wolfing down jalapeno pork and beans for lunch, and planned to show up in my summer running gear so I can gon right out for a run after. You know when they are chasing me to clean up the tables.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    One guy was like "we just want to see how you solve problems, you know to make sure you do not flip tables over or something" so I was like, "But what if that is the correct solution to the problem at hand?" He stumbled around with that proving once again, I am horrible at this interview game. :smiley:

If *I* were the interviewer, I would have asked you to provide an example of a problem that would be solved to any degree of correctness by flipping tables.

Active shooter and you need concealment and distraction. :)

I was thinking temple full of money changers. But, you know, that guy did terrible in interviews.

I am hoping to avoid the whole beating until one no longer even looks like a human any more response though...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hey!! I’ve been so absent but running. Hopefully I’ll get time to be a part of the group. I missed you all.

Yay! It’s good to see you back here! Hope all is well!

———————————————
    ETA
    I walked for 58 min 48 seconds today. I’m not sure it was the best idea, I always seem to regret getting out but progress isn’t necessarily easy. I “comfortably” walked my fasted post sx mile at 22:02.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Slept in today and really need the hours what with going out of town tomorrow, so I've skipped the gym too. I very much want to run before work tomorrow AM - we will see what happens. Either way, that's it for July for me. See you all on the other side!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,049 Member
    edited July 2019
    shanaber wrote: »
    @zeesparrow - nothing wrong with a little extra taper. Early on before finding this group I found a '1st HM Taper Plan' on RunnersWorld that I have used ever since for all of my HM's. It is 2 weeks, more than many would say is necessary for a HM, but it works for me. Find what works for you... Could be one or two weeks or none.

I agree (and would be interested to see that taper plan! @shanaber). I used the Hal Higdon novice 1 HM for my first and while I loved most things about it, I a) had to move a day so I wasn't running 3 days in a row, which was way too much for my noob legs, and b) may well have ended up injured because the fact that it had me do my longest run (ever) of 10 miles just a week before the race itself was also way too much for my noob legs. And led to me having to take a month off then start running again from scratch. Textbook too much, too soon.
    This time round, I'm going to give the Novice 2 one a go but before even starting it I've already moved that 3rd day and have added an extra taper week between weeks 11 and 12. Hopefully that will make all the difference!

I’m using the HH novice 2 plan for my HM as well and I did the same things. Moved the days apart and added an extra week before the race. I’ve already started it just because I travel quite a bit and I’m trying to be realistic about what running I will actually do when I’m not at home. I looked at the novice 1 plan, but I felt like I would be more mentally prepared to do 13 miles if my longest training run was 12 miles instead of 10.

Good luck with all the interviews @PastorVincent
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks @shanaber and @eleanorhawkins. I have been following the Hal Higdon novice 1 plan. I also moved days around so I wasn't running 3 days in a row. My massage last night was perfect as she focused almost exclusively on my lower half, getting some spots that really needed it. Now I just have to keep up with my yoga, foam rolling and stretching, with some light running until the race. I've been looking at plans for my next one already!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,049 Member
    Last run of the month and right on target for my goal. A few random tenths here and there put me barely over. See everyone in August!

7/1: 3.5 miles
    7/3: 3 miles
    7/5: 5 miles
    7/7: 3 miles
    7/8: 4 miles
    7/10: 3 miles
    7/12: 6 miles
    7/14: 3 miles
    7/15: 4 miles
    7/17: 3 miles
    7/19: 7 miles
    7/21: 3 miles
    7/22: 3 miles
    7/24: 3 miles
    7/26: 4 miles
    7/28: 3 miles
    7/29: 3.1 miles
    7/31: 3.2 miles

July total: 66.8 miles
    July goal: 66 miles

2019 Races:

Piney Woods Trailfest 5k - 2/2/2019 29.23
    Rodeo Run 10k - 2/23/2019 1:03.12
    Run Houston! Minute Maid Park 10k - 3/23/2019 1:01.28
    Brazos Bend 50 10k - 4/6/2019 1:15:33
    TWRC Run Wild Run Free 5k - 9/2019
    10 for Texas 10 Miler - 10/2019 registered
    Wine and Dine half marathon - 11/3/2019 registered

Run the Year 2019 - Team Five for Nineteen
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    @Tramboman Great Race!! You should be very proud of yourself!!