Clueless on baby gifts

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Diapers, big freaken thing of diapers. You can never have enough!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i usually do a stuffed animal. and a soft blanket

eta: i do not do registries.

Just curious - but may I ask why? I am not a parent, but almost all of my girlfriends have multiple kids (and a few now have grandchildren) and they ALL seem to agree about how much they love baby registries, so they don't get a bunch of "cute" or thoughtful, but not-so-necessary items.

because a lot of it is functional. my family is very practical. i try to do thoughtful and practical with whatever theme the baby room is.
    that and don't tell me what to do! You're not my mom :wink:

I see! Thanks for answering. I was expecting it to be a more unusual answer, maybe something about chains & big box stores.

I kinda get that, too. I recently attended 2 showers for the same expecting couple. First go-round there were tons of "adorable" items on the registry and I picked up a few. Second shower, it was closer to the wire so everything was really functional and practical. I got the mother-to-be some sort of breast cooling pads which was kind of hilarious to me, especially since I barely know her and I know nothing about breastfeeding supplies.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Earplugs and booze. Get the new human a blanket.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    perezlau wrote: »
    My boyfriend's sister is about to have a baby girl and I need to buy her a gift. Any products you recommend? It's her first baby girl.

Contraception?
    Ear defenders.
    Rubber gloves.
    Vodka.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Diapers, big freaken thing of diapers. You can never have enough!

@tinak33 recommended buying diapers through the Amazon Parent Saver Program for our friend's first shower. You choose the #of months to have diapers automatically sent to them, and as the baby grows, her parents can adjust the diaper size.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Always buy something from the registry if they have one. If there there is no registry my go to is zip-up sleepers, size 1 diapers, baby wipes or I bring dinner or takeout one night after they are home.

K8eekins and I are planning on gifting our expectant mum friend with Freshly, otherwise her hubby will have her eating pizza everynight. I need to find something similar for breakfast and lunch too.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Money. Diapers.