Foods you haven’t eaten in your current weight loss journey

13»

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    This is a tough one....the only thing I can think of is that I used to love getting a chicken biscuit from chik fil a before work, and I cut that out. If I go once, i'll crave it all week.

I have drastically reduced the amount of a lot of things, biggest ones being Dots candy, Triscuits, bread in any form, and any kind of fast food or restaurant food. I used to buy a box of Dots at least once a week, I've only had them twice in 18 weeks. I used to buy a box of Triscuits every week and I think i've only bought one box the last 18 weeks, and some weeks I don't eat out at fast food or other restaurants at all which is a huge drop in frequency for me. Used to be almost everyday at lunch, and every weekend, and one or two week nights for dinner.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    My trigger is also high calorie ice cream so I don’t buy it anymore. I started making my own at home using frozen bananas and frozen strawberries and also as another alternative buy breyers delights ice cream. Also I don’t order pizza anymore. I can’t limit myself to one or two slices! Everything else I can eat in moderation so I don’t cut anything else out.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Doughnuts, fast food, diet coke, anything deep fried, hot dogs, just to name a few. Since the middle of January, when I started Nutrisystem. I have the NS entrees and snacks and supplement with lots of veggies (free) and then Smart Carbs and PowerFuels at serving sizes that they direct. I have definitely learned portion control!
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    I don't think I have cut out any foods in particular in my weightloss journey, but I definitely became more mindful about what I eat. I could have had ice cream, chocolate cake, fried foods, etc. if I wanted to have them as long as they fit into my calories for the day (and I did have these foods occasioanlly) but I thought about whether they were enhancing my health/nutrition or hindering it. Overall, in moderation, these foods would not hinder my health, but I didn't want to form unhealthy habits again so I limited my intake. Now that I am in maintenance, I have simply increased my caloric intake and allow myself to have even more of what I enjoy. I try to eat as "healthily" as I can, while still eating foods I love.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited July 2019
    Diet sodas & light beers (which I never drank anyway), processed refined white sugar and any processed food w/sugar added (except ketschup that I have to have as a condiment to certain food like scrambled eggs and certain meat), potatoes and any pasta.

Pretty much a paleo diet (lots of fruit, veggies, fish and meat) w/the exception of some beer, wine, nuts & seeds, flour tortillas and rice. Not advocating paleo, it's just the way I eat.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Bread and fast food. I didn't have either frequently before dieting and have even less now.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Not a lot that I've completely cut out, but there are a couple. I used to regularly have frozen pizzas for just a quick dinner for myself, but they're not worth the calories for a bit of cheese on cardboard. And then salt and vinegar chips is the biggest one. I just can't have them in the house.