The juicy July thread

1235»

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    5'8" 42 yo
    HW 155
    Current weight 146.4

July Goal weight 140 (I'd turn cartwheels if I could hit 13? a few times this month)
    Yoga Burn 4x a week
    Do 10 Real Push Ups in a set by the end of the month

Ultimate Goal - 133

7/1... 146.4 - Monday on every level possible. Dismal failure with eating and not much exercise.
    7/2... 147.2 - Started 30 min Yoga Burn at lunch, it's a 4 month program. Pretty easy the first day, also did 10 pushups on my knees. Better on food, stayed under 1400 cal. (Even with company)
    7/3... 147.4 - Day 2 of Yoga Burn. Also did 10 Sun Salutations
    7/8... 147.4 - Vacation since the 4th, I didn't go absolutely crazy with food - but I definitely wasn't great either. There was some junk food, homemade fudge, lots of mexican food the last 4 days. I did get in lots of walking, so it wasn't a total loss. It's Monday and time to get serious. Yoga at lunch and rode horses this morning. Kept it under 1400 for the day = pretty darn good day.
    7/9... 146.2 - vacation water weight slowly leaving. Rode my colt this morning, no lunch workout - errands. 1370 Cal
    7/10... 146.4 - Did Week 1 Yoga Burn followed by pushups, situps, stretches, planks, & sun salutations. Got up early enough to ride my colt before work. Cals were 1700 - it shows I had enough exercise for this to be within allowance - I think I overdid it.
    7/11... 146.6 - Rode my colt before work and did barn chores. Lunch was week 1 Yoga Burn and pushups, stretches, situps, planks - just stayed busy for 35 min. Did really well all day with food and went way off the wagon at volleyball banquet. Stuck with a bunch of catty women, got bored and had pasta & cheesecake. UGH!
    7/12... 147 :-1: - Got in a good workout at lunch. Yoga, pushups, planks
    7/15... 144.6 FINALLY - things are going the right direction. Crazy busy weekend with lots of walking and outdoor activity. Had a couple of big family dinners at nice places so I hoarded my calories to compensate for it. Feeling a bit more optimistic that I can hit my July goal. Yoga Burn week 2 at lunch then planks, pushups, sit ups, stretches - solid 35 min workout.
    7/16... 144.2 - Rode one colt before work. Off to a good start today. Yoga Burn Week 2 - day 2 at lunch. Much tougher than week one.
    7/17... 146 - so frustrated. Worked my butt off yesterday, didn't eat exercise calories back and still - heavier this morning. :-/ ARGH! Stayed consistent yesterday - kept calories at 1312. Little lighter workout at lunch - Yoga Burn week 2 & some additional planks, pushups, sit ups. Really body sore from workout the day before. Today wasn't great and wasn't bad - just a day.
    7/18... 145.8 - tiny move in the right direction. For the first time, I made myself take a few measurements to track progress. I know as long as I stay consistent with workouts, I should see some changes in a month. Skipped lunch workout for company lunch deal - Rode my colt before work. Just a day.
    7/19... 145.8 - overindulged a bit yesterday. Company lunch with pizza, limited myself to 2 small slices. I swear it's been months since I tasted pizza - and it really was fabulous. Family dinner - tried to stick to small portions. Rode this morning.
    7/22... 145.8 - Tough weekend nutritionally, we've had company and a million kids running around for a solid week now. Up a bit today, managed to be at 144 Sat/Sun. Yesterday had sports banquet lunch - pizza & family cookout for dinner. On the plus side, I walked a lot this weekend and life will be back to normal soon. I managed to get in 4 workouts during the week last week and it's back to it today. Did keep doing pushups/planks over the weekend.
    7/23... 148 - HOLY MOLY - I've never weighed in daily and tracked it before, it's definitely enlightening. Solid workout at lunch yesterday Yoga Burn Week 3 - I'm actually really enjoying this program. Also did push ups, aussie pull up, sit ups, planks... all the fun stuff. Family birthday dinner at Pappadeaux last night - I definitely overdid it and paying the price with my weight today (king crab legs & dessert were so worth it tho). Got my butt up early and rode my colt before work yesterday & today. Stayed consistent with workout/rode and kept calories right at 1400. Trying not to eat back exercise cals.
    7/24... 147.2 - Just realized there's exactly 1 week left in the month. Took it a bit easy today, my body desperately needed some rest. Kept calories under 1600. Lunch out instead of my workout.
    7/25... 147.2 - Got up and rode before work. Solid workout at lunch - Yoga burn week 3. Cleaned stalls & the barn when I went home- good for 2+ hours of physical activity. Logged it as an easy walk which still put me at a 500 cal deficit for the day. Cals at 1700.
    7/26... 146.6
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    l4a_p wrote: »
    SW: 159lbs - 72kg (back in May)
    CW: 150lbs - 68kg
    GW: 147lbs - 66,8kg

4 July: 149,25 - 67.7kg //of to a good start at least
    8 July: 149lbs - 67.6kg //Ok a bit disappointed this morning. Had a really clean week (except friday) and the weekend was excellent! And yet... barely any movement :( Hope I'm not plateau-ing)
    15 July: 147,27lbs - 66,8kg //Very happy with the progress after the standstill of last week. Had a very clean week, except for sunday (had a date, cooked WAY too much and too heavy + drinks) and really thought the scale would punish me for it but it was merciful :)
    21 July: 148,81lbs - 67.5kg //Okaaaay wow, not happy at all! I was 66,5kg (146,61lbs) on monday/tuesday and somehow managed to add a full kilo (2,2lbs) in less than a week! Every day was excellent calorie wise, except for Friday on which I ate on maintenance basically (if you add exercise calories). Admittedly, the food choices weren't the best, Friday being a dinner party with loads of drinks and heavy dessert, but still looking at my calories overall should not have lead to this weight gain. I sincerely hope it's just a dumb blip.
    22 July: 147,93lbs - 67.1kg //So, let me recap this: every day last week has been at a 500+ kcal deficit. Except for Friday which was 300 above maintenance. I thought I'd compensate for that on Sunday by eating at a kcal deficit of 1200(!). And still I have gained weight compared to last Monday...Honest to god you guys, how in 7 hells does the body work exactly?

29 July: 147,05lbs - 66,7kg

Well... I got down again to 66,3kg at wednesday but then the weekend came around; friday was a huge binge with (way too) much alcohol and late night stops at the snackbar + saturday I went out to dinner and ate near maintenance so can't say the weight gain is surprise. At least it's still less than last week. And I shouldn't complain: I'm still ending the month near my GW but it's just frustrating to know I already hit that 2 weeks ago and it seems to stagnating

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I didn't even get on the scale! I had a good active weekend but I also partied like a rock star! Had way too much Carbs and its that time of month. I'll get on the last day of the month :#
  • cayenne_007
    5'8" 42 yo
    HW 155
    Current weight 146.4

July Goal weight 140 (I'd turn cartwheels if I could hit 13? a few times this month)
    Yoga Burn 4x a week

Ultimate Goal - 133

7/1... 146.4 - Monday on every level possible. Dismal failure with eating and not much exercise.
    7/2... 147.2 - Started 30 min Yoga Burn at lunch, it's a 4 month program. Pretty easy the first day, also did 10 pushups on my knees. Better on food, stayed under 1400 cal. (Even with company)
    7/8... 147.4 - Vacation since the 4th, I didn't go absolutely crazy with food - but I definitely wasn't great either. There was some junk food, homemade fudge, lots of mexican food the last 4 days. I did get in lots of walking, so it wasn't a total loss. It's Monday and time to get serious. Yoga at lunch and rode horses this morning. Kept it under 1400 for the day = pretty darn good day.
    7/9... 146.2 - vacation water weight slowly leaving. Rode my colt this morning, no lunch workout - errands. 1370 Cal
    7/10... 146.4 - Did Week 1 Yoga Burn followed by pushups, situps, stretches, planks, & sun salutations. Got up early enough to ride my colt before work. Cals were 1700 - it shows I had enough exercise for this to be within allowance - I think I overdid it.
    7/11... 146.6 - Rode my colt before work and did barn chores. Lunch was week 1 Yoga Burn and pushups, stretches, situps, planks - just stayed busy for 35 min. Did really well all day with food and went way off the wagon at volleyball banquet. Stuck with a bunch of catty women, got bored and had pasta & cheesecake. UGH!
    7/15... 144.6 FINALLY - things are going the right direction. Crazy busy weekend with lots of walking and outdoor activity. Had a couple of big family dinners at nice places so I hoarded my calories to compensate for it. Feeling a bit more optimistic that I can hit my July goal. Yoga Burn week 2 at lunch then planks, pushups, sit ups, stretches - solid 35 min workout.
    7/16... 144.2 - Rode one colt before work. Off to a good start today. Yoga Burn Week 2 - day 2 at lunch. Much tougher than week one.
    7/17... 146 - so frustrated. Worked my butt off yesterday, didn't eat exercise calories back and still - heavier this morning. :-/ ARGH! Stayed consistent yesterday - kept calories at 1312. Little lighter workout at lunch - Yoga Burn week 2 & some additional planks, pushups, sit ups. Really body sore from workout the day before. Today wasn't great and wasn't bad - just a day.
    7/18... 145.8 - tiny move in the right direction. For the first time, I made myself take a few measurements to track progress. I know as long as I stay consistent with workouts, I should see some changes in a month. Skipped lunch workout for company lunch deal - Rode my colt before work. Just a day.
    7/19... 145.8 - overindulged a bit yesterday. Company lunch with pizza, limited myself to 2 small slices. I swear it's been months since I tasted pizza - and it really was fabulous. Family dinner - tried to stick to small portions. Rode this morning.
    7/22... 145.8 - Tough weekend nutritionally, we've had company and a million kids running around for a solid week now. Up a bit today, managed to be at 144 Sat/Sun. Yesterday had sports banquet lunch - pizza & family cookout for dinner. On the plus side, I walked a lot this weekend and life will be back to normal soon. I managed to get in 4 workouts during the week last week and it's back to it today. Did keep doing pushups/planks over the weekend.
    7/23... 148 - HOLY MOLY - I've never weighed in daily and tracked it before, it's definitely enlightening. Solid workout at lunch yesterday Yoga Burn Week 3 - I'm actually really enjoying this program. Also did push ups, aussie pull up, sit ups, planks... all the fun stuff. Family birthday dinner at Pappadeaux last night - I definitely overdid it and paying the price with my weight today (king crab legs & dessert were so worth it tho). Got my butt up early and rode my colt before work yesterday & today. Stayed consistent with workout/rode and kept calories right at 1400. Trying not to eat back exercise cals.
    7/24... 147.2 - Just realized there's exactly 1 week left in the month. Took it a bit easy today, my body desperately needed some rest. Kept calories under 1600. Lunch out instead of my workout.
    7/25... 147.2 - Got up and rode before work. Solid workout at lunch - Yoga burn week 3. Cleaned stalls & the barn when I went home- good for 2+ hours of physical activity. Logged it as an easy walk which still put me at a 500 cal deficit for the day. Cals at 1700.
    7/26... 146.6 - Yoga Burn week 3 and rode my colt before work. Went to a friend's house for dinner...big ol'ribeye + salad + 3 beers. It was fabulous.
    7/27... DNW - TOM is so damn annoying. Cleaned 10 stalls, rode 1 horse and worked around the house - then 6 hour road trip. Lunch with friends - I ate all the foods....and nachos for dinner.
    7/28... Worked my butt off all day - 15,000+ steps. Cleaned 10 stalls, rode 1 horse, cleaned out garden - was on my feet most of the day. Didn't weigh, but still feel so bloated.
    7/29... 146 - happy Monday.
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    HW: 173
    CW: 156.5
    Height: 5'8"
    Goal: straight up sizzlin

7/22: 155
    7/29: 156.5

I started a new workout program and was insanely sore last week. That might be causing the small gain, but I also indulged a little over the weekend. We'll see how the rest of the week plays out. 2 more weeks til the beach :D
  • amn0619
    amn0619 Posts: 211 Member

7/1 - 139.3
    7/8 - 142.2
    7/16 -141.1
    7/22 - 141.3
    7/29 - 141.3. I'm stuck
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Height: 5'4"
    Ultimate goal: 125-130
    Current Weight: 141.4
    July Goal: 135

July 1: 141.4
    July 8: 141.4
    July 15: 141.4
    July 22: 141.4
    July 25: 141.4
    July 30: 141.4 LOL.... ugh! At least I did not gain I guess....
  • cayenne_007
    5'8" 42 yo
    HW 155
    Current weight 146.4

Yoga Burn 4x a week

Ultimate Goal - 133

7/26... 146.6 - Yoga Burn week 3 and rode my colt before work. Went to a friend's house for dinner...big ol'ribeye + salad + 3 beers. It was fabulous.
    7/27... DNW - TOM is so damn annoying. Cleaned 10 stalls, rode 1 horse and worked around the house - then 6 hour road trip. Lunch with friends - I ate all the foods....and nachos for dinner.
    7/28... Worked my butt off all day - 15,000+ steps. Cleaned 10 stalls, rode 1 horse, cleaned out garden - was on my feet most of the day. Didn't weigh, but still feel so bloated.
    7/29... 146 - happy Monday. Yoga Burn + other exercise at lunch - solid 30 min workout. Rode my colt before work. Totally unrelated but found out my ex is getting married - was tired, cranky and overindulged with coronas - no, I don't want him back - but it's weird.
    7/30... 146 - relieved this didn't shoot up after last night.
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    l4a_p wrote: »
    SW: 159lbs - 72kg (back in May)
    CW: 150lbs - 68kg
    GW: 147lbs - 66,8kg

4 July: 149,25 - 67.7kg //of to a good start at least
    8 July: 149lbs - 67.6kg //Ok a bit disappointed this morning. Had a really clean week (except friday) and the weekend was excellent! And yet... barely any movement :( Hope I'm not plateau-ing)
    15 July: 147,27lbs - 66,8kg //Very happy with the progress after the standstill of last week. Had a very clean week, except for sunday (had a date, cooked WAY too much and too heavy + drinks) and really thought the scale would punish me for it but it was merciful :)
    21 July: 148,81lbs - 67.5kg //Okaaaay wow, not happy at all! I was 66,5kg (146,61lbs) on monday/tuesday and somehow managed to add a full kilo (2,2lbs) in less than a week! Every day was excellent calorie wise, except for Friday on which I ate on maintenance basically (if you add exercise calories). Admittedly, the food choices weren't the best, Friday being a dinner party with loads of drinks and heavy dessert, but still looking at my calories overall should not have lead to this weight gain. I sincerely hope it's just a dumb blip.
    22 July: 147,93lbs - 67.1kg //So, let me recap this: every day last week has been at a 500+ kcal deficit. Except for Friday which was 300 above maintenance. I thought I'd compensate for that on Sunday by eating at a kcal deficit of 1200(!). And still I have gained weight compared to last Monday...Honest to god you guys, how in 7 hells does the body work exactly?
    29 July: 147,05lbs - 66,7kg // Well... I got down again to 66,3kg at wednesday but then the weekend came around; friday was a huge binge with (way too) much alcohol and late night stops at the snackbar + saturday I went out to dinner and ate near maintenance so can't say the weight gain is surprise. At least it's still less than last week. And I shouldn't complain: I'm still ending the month near my GW but it's just frustrating to know I already hit that 2 weeks ago and it seems to stagnating

31 July: final weigh in this month, ended at 66,3kg (146,17lbs). A bit surprised because yesterday was yet again above maintenance and lots of booze (I seem to be slipping a lot lately!). Maybe I'll see the backlash of that only tomorrow, but hey, that's Augustus' problem now!! =)

Month goal reached: *yes*

• amn0619
    amn0619 Posts: 211 Member
    Last day of July weight 140.7. Up 1.4 lbs, not what I was looking to do! If I was in maintenance I'd be happy but I'm not. Oh well, nothing I can do now but take the lessons learned and try harder in August.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    46, 5'2" SW 117 GW 105

5/30 111.2 22.1%
    6/30 109.4 21.1%
    7/2 109.0 21.4%
    7/12 109.0 21.1%
    7/22 I have to fill in later-
    7/23 108.8 21.1%
    7/25 108.6 21.1%
    7/31 109.4 21.1%

Gained a pound.... I am hoping it's water and muscle...
    I've been keeping up with the 10 burpees, 100 jumping rope challenge. I get it done in about 15 min, and my heart rate is through the roof! It's definitely a total body workout.

Feeling a bit sluggish this morning. Probably because of hard session at Orange Theory last night and being on that time of month. Hopefully H2O and little food will pick me UP!

4 more days till my second 10K with my son. Hoping I can run and complete!!!...🤞🏃‍♀️
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Pricklypineapple422 Posts: 52 Member
    I just found this group and I'm really excited to fit in with all the other women here.

5'5"
    Goal weight: 115 lbs

July 1 - 121.3 lbs
    July 12 - 118.8 lbs

Just signed up for my first half marathon! Currently only running 3.5 miles so I have a lot of work to do.

July 18 - 116.5 lbs

Time to start thinking about maintenance. I also think I must be severaly underestimating my calories burned during running and exercise because I have been dropping weight a little too quickly. I know I need to increase my calories, but it is going to be a challenge because over the past half a year I have been at a deficit and am now used to eating that much food. I think it is going to take me a couple of days to a week or two to fully transition to maintenance, so I am pretty confident I will hit 115 lbs. I have thought about going to 112 lbs, but think it's going to be healthier to at least maintain 115 lbs for a while before deciding to lose a couple more lbs.

July 1 - 121.3 lbs
    July 31 - 116.8 lbs
  • cayenne_007
    5'8" 42 yo
    HW 155
    Current weight 146.4

Yoga Burn 4x a week

Ultimate Goal - 133

7/29... 146 - happy Monday. Yoga Burn + other exercise at lunch - solid 30 min workout. Rode my colt before work. Totally unrelated but found out my ex is getting married - was tired, cranky and overindulged with coronas - no, I don't want him back - but it's weird.
    7/30... 146 - relieved this didn't shoot up after last night. Lunch with friends instead of workout - what I'd give a just one place that served a decent salad or ANYTHING other than mexican food in this town. Had to settle for incredible chile rellenos and sopapillas - kept portions smaller and worked out a bit at home after work.
    7/31... 146.3 - Held steady for the month. Did well on my lunch workouts and can now do 2 reps of 5 REAL pushups. Apparently getting to 10 in a rep is about a 3 month project -but at least I'm getting stronger and am at 5 now instead of 3. LOL