If you could...

2»

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I would say

"Be patient. You're 25yo. Taking it slow over 3 years and being healthy, trim and fit by 28 may seem like a long journey but it's a damn sight better than spending 15 years vainly trying to do it quickly and still being obese in your 40s and having to do it slow anyway.... And buy Bitcoin!!!!!"
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Don't start "dieting" it will start years of deprivation and misery and an unhealthy relationship with food. It is not an all or nothing deal..in moderation you can enjoy the things you'd like.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    You are not ugly and you do not need diet pills or amphetamines! Treat your body like a temple and take care of your health. Count calories and do not starve, it is not the answer. You can achieve your goals if you be honest with yourself and do the right thing.
  • gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    In truth, I probably wouldn't listen to my older self anyways. Part of my issue was always knowing what to do, but there is something that makes one ready for change and I have no idea what causes it.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I would not eat so much candy.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Some of these are really inspirational. Thanks, all. A MD gave me advice at 22 that I ignored, and another Dr gave the same advice at 40. I didn't take the advice until I was close to 50, and I wish I had taken it in my 20's. If I didn't listen to my Dr then, would I have listened to older me? Probably not.

Lift weights. That was the advice. "You may never gain muscle/bone easily, but it will never get easier than it is in your 20's."