Don't Let the Bathroom Scale Get the Better of You

12345679»

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I went over my calorie limit for 2 days (didn't even overeat or binge eat, just ate probably around maintenance) and gained 3 lbs! :'( Kicking myself for it now.

It happens and most likely water retention….
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    I went over my calorie limit for 2 days (didn't even overeat or binge eat, just ate probably around maintenance) and gained 3 lbs! :'( Kicking myself for it now.

@denisemlarnder Don't sweat it! To gain 3 lbs of fat, you would have had to eat 3500*3=10,500 calories ABOVE maintenance, which would be darn near impossible, even if you had overeaten. It is just water weight, and probably some extra food in your digestive system. It'll all drop off in another few days, I promise!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,949 Member

Isn't that ridiculously frustrating and disheartening. Chances are really good that your extra calories included extra sodium and carb = water weight. But that doesn't make it feel much better, I know. Try to put that all behind you and start fresh and you will probably see a wonderful drop in the next few days that makes as little sense as the gain!
  • denisemlarnder
    denisemlarnder Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks everyone, that helps a bit. <3
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 3,949 Member
    Thanks everyone, that helps a bit. <3

sometimes just sailing that scale right out the window helps too! :p