What is your why?

2»

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    My usual answer is to look good in a skating dress because skating is my passion and being a certain weight looks better and makes it easier

I have messed up my shoulder though and I'm facing the prospect of surgery which means possibly 4 weeks in a sling so I won't be able to be as active. My new motivation is get in good shape to make recovery easier
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    Feeling better, looking better, more confident
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    My usual answer is to look good in a skating dress because skating is my passion and being a certain weight looks better and makes it easier

I have messed up my shoulder though and I'm facing the prospect of surgery which means possibly 4 weeks in a sling so I won't be able to be as active. My new motivation is get in good shape to make recovery easier

@AliNouveau That is inspiring. You can do it, no matter what life throws at you.
  • shuymaier
    shuymaier Posts: 2 Member
    My why is to feel better about myself, be stronger, and be the best wife, and mother, to my family. I am also deciding if I want to join the Air Force soon. So I need to get in shape. Add me if you want a friend to help motivate you. I could use some motivation as well.
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    My daughters!!! 6 weeks postpartum and just back at it!! 3 miles yesterday. Training for my second half!!
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    @Predsfan2013 Congrats!
  • JaymzBr
    JaymzBr Posts: 12 Member
    I've come precariously close to being the obese person who relies on others for basic existence needs. After losing 130 lbs, I still have about 110 to go to where I feel I can be healthy and self-sufficient (and yes, a sexy senior citizen). I don't want to spend the last decades of my life in a nursing home or on assistance.
  • bennygirl1
    bennygirl1 Posts: 12 Member
    Not one member of my dad’s side of the family saw beyond the age of 55 - I have inherited the majority of my health traits from my dad’s side of the family. I’m 46 and I’m beginning to feel a little (okay, a LOT) of anxiety. That is one vicious cycle that I want to stop
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    I lost my mom too early....so mine is to be healthy, and around to be the best grams (when it happens) that I can be...my kiddos need their momma...no matter their age...