Want your honest opinions, please

1235»

Replies

• Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    My honest opinion is that 120 is waaaay too low. I'm 5"5 and I wouldn't want to go lower than 125 and you have four inches on me. Even if 120 would be healthy for you (which I don't think it is) I believe that your body will fight you every step of the way to stay at that weight. Looking at your photo I think that you should not lose any weight more weight. You can try lifting more weights even though the scale might creep up a bit but you will look sleeker. And to your question, life is too short to feel hungry.
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Metacognition: I have fat legs. Thighs, mostly. But yes, I will look at extra strength/ muscle work.

Fat thighs? I've just hat a look your photos. Where? I think you give yourself a lot less credit than you deserve. No offense but if your thighs were much slimmer it would be unattractive and unhealthy looking.
  • Lovelovesme
    Lovelovesme Posts: 37 Member
    It sounds to me like you need to go spend some time with a puppy they give loads of unconditional love to remind you that the only place that it really matters if you're big or small is the heart :heart:
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    looking at your pics i would suggest not worrying about losing weight and maybe focus on building some muscle. You look very slim to me and a bit of curve is lovely on a woman ! im sure the lads on here will agree! anyway its your journey and its how you feel in your self that matters not what we think but thats my suggestion :)
  • barbarajean3
    barbarajean3 Posts: 132 Member
    If you feel fat dressed. Try having your clothes tailored to you. It can make a big difference in how you look in them. I personally would love to be your height and weight :flowerforyou:
  • ceciljackson
    ceciljackson Posts: 2 Member
    I don't think 120 at 5'9 is fat at all! But you have to like you so I would say it's worth the effort.
  • krishibbs
    krishibbs Posts: 9 Member
    It's amazing how reading threads can sometimes give you a moment of clarity. In reading this thread I am starting to think that perhaps my weight is where is should be and the work I need to do is not so much on the scale but with weights. I can see that I am in the lower range of my "weight category" and my bmi is about 21 (according to websites). I am 5.8" and 142 pounds. I seem to be having a lot of difficulty getting below this and perhaps it's because I'm not supposed to? I am in the process of looking for a personal trainer to support me with this. Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone who uses mfp for being so honest and sharing their knoweldge. Cheers to a great weekend everyone!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Metacognition: I have fat legs. Thighs, mostly. But yes, I will look at extra strength/ muscle work.

I know the feeling. I always think I have fat thighs, and people tell me I have gorgeous legs. But its your body and your happiness. I try to work out enough that I feel like this is my natural healthy form. If I didnt work out, then I would have more reasons to just think my thighs were fat. It's so mental.

You say you're not getting much food. And that life is too short to be hungry. I personally think you look amazing, and would like to see you enjoying life at the same time. Only you have control over your own happiness though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Metacognition: I have fat legs. Thighs, mostly.

No, you don't....
This discussion has been closed.