Calorie Deficit - No Exercise

2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    lesscat wrote: »
    I used to exercise a lot (cycled to work etc.) but I've had an injury, and now can't do much at all. Hopefully this isn't permanent, but I've put on about a stone, and I'm miserable.

I know that a calorie deficit is enough to lose weight, and I don't HAVE to train, but I'd love to hear this from people that have lost weight (and inches) without exercising.

(I can walk and stuff, I'm not totally inactive, I'm just not hitting the gym like I used to!)

I lost a good 20 Lbs before I started exercising. When I started exercising, the best part was that I could eat more and accomplish the same thing. Without exercise I was eating around 2000 calories to lose a pound per week...with exercise I could eat around 2300-2500 depending on the day...but yeah, exercise isn't a requirement to lose weight...you just have to eat less than you otherwise could with exercise.
  • haliebroyles91
    haliebroyles91 Posts: 16 Member
    I have lost 38 pounds in the last 4 months by doing calorie deficit. I absolutely hate doing any type of exercise besides walking. I have a job that requires me to walk a decent amount of the time. So I consider that to be my main exercise for the day. I do eat a Vegitarian diet which helps me stay under my calories.
  • Annieloujackson
    Annieloujackson Posts: 16 Member
    I have only been walking for exercise, and using mfp trying to tweak the calories. I have lost about 7 lbs in the last couple of months. I'm also nursing, hormonal and stressed most of the time, so I think the weight loss is slower. I'm just happy it's finally going DOWN consistently!
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Five years ago I was always at the gym, or pool, or spin, always intense exercise and then I had an injury that left me unable to do anything for 3 years. I thought I would gain tonnes of weight, especially as I am only 4’11 but I actually managed it by doing long walks (45-90 mins) a day. Walking is underrated. If you do it regularly, a decent pace and for long enough, it is more effective then you would imagine. When I stopped I started gaining weight. If you can walk, you can probably keep yourself in decent shape until you are better.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Five years ago I was always at the gym, or pool, or spin, always intense exercise and then I had an injury that left me unable to do anything for 3 years. I thought I would gain tonnes of weight, especially as I am only 4’11 but I actually managed it by doing long walks (45-90 mins) a day. Walking is underrated. If you do it regularly, a decent pace and for long enough, it is more effective then you would imagine. When I stopped I started gaining weight. If you can walk, you can probably keep yourself in decent shape until you are better.

Nice long walks are amazing. It really helps me to just get through any mental hurdles and just leave them behind. Great for physical and mental health.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Walking is underrated. If you do it regularly, a decent pace and for long enough, it is more effective then you would imagine.

Most definitely...

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!