Confused: Calories or Carbs or Combination for weight loss..

2»

Replies

• QueenofCaffeine4Life
    QueenofCaffeine4Life Posts: 88 Member
    I really do appreciate all of your input. It has been very helpful. Sometimes just talking it all out helps.
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    oh and don't drink your calories unless that is your indulgence (like a flavoured latter or something). :)
  • QueenofCaffeine4Life
    @pontious11349
    I love this....
    When I enjoy cake I simply make sure I go back to my clean diet straight after. No day long / week long / month long binges.

Whats the catch: Well. You just need to be prepared to wait longer for your results. No massive drops in weight. Just a slow, steady, sustainable journey to the body I want

You are so right! I have finally come to terms with not wanting to lose ALL THE WEIGHT in a few months. Rather just lose as I make the right choices and do the right things. It will make my life a lot easier!!!

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    @becklorik: hallelujah for you have cracked it.

The key is sustainability. Who hand on heart believes they want to spend the rest of their days weighing foods, counting carbs, logging on MFP. I know I sure as *kitten* dont.

I found it liberating to just cut out all all this complications and focus only on eating "healthy" most of the time and then still having cake / beer / whatever when it presents itself. Never actively seeking it out really.

For healthy eating I make sure I eat a lot of veg at meals with some source of protein and snack only on fruits / nuts. No weighing - no guilt. Nobody ever got fat and blamed the almonds or blamed the watermelon!!!!!!

When I enjoy cake I simply make sure I go back to my clean diet straight after. No day long / week long / month long binges.

Whats the catch: Well. You just need to be prepared to wait longer for your results. No massive drops in weight. Just a slow, steady, sustainable journey to the body I want.

I fully believe we are over complicating things, and @becklorik I felt compelled to share with you where I am at as it sounds so similar to what you were describing above.

Best of luck to you

Love this post!
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    becklorik wrote: »
    @pontious11349
    Rather just lose as I make the right choices and do the right things. It will make my life a lot easier!!!

yip simple. and change will come. there is 6.5 months between the 2 photos in my profile pic which isnt a great deal of time in the grand scheme of things.

also my wider family friends don't see me weighing stuff or refusing cakes at party or any other habits which they find weird. its all so much easier when you just eat clean most of the time.

I think the industry makes money over complicating things.
  • QueenofCaffeine4Life
    becklorik wrote: »
    @pontious11349

I think the industry makes money over complicating things.
    TRUTH!!! Absolute truth! I have said so many times that ANY and EVERY DIET works as long as you work it. So best not to diet and just eat in moderation.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    Striving to eat clean is also over complicating things though.

There is no need to do that unless you like that way of eating.

Bottom line for weight loss : just calories.

Of course you can focus on nutrition too and satiety etc - but bottom line: just calories.