A chat for the T and +

124»

Replies

• DanaLizard
    DanaLizard Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2020
    Top-surgery would be a longterm goal for me too - I'm trying to get Testosteron and essentially have to pretend to be trans instead of nonbinary bc the laws here are awful, but as my gender pends more toward male that's not too much of an issue
  • julyyjulyy
    julyyjulyy Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all! I'm a transguy getting back into working out after a while spent being pretty inactive. Currently trying to lose some fat and gain some muscle. Glad to see this thread full of T and + friends!
  • DanaLizard
    DanaLizard Posts: 7 Member
    Broke to 55kg today! Last year this time I was at 62 kg. This also finally puts me into "normal weight" of the BMI (not that I give too much about it, I'm too small for the adult ones to properly apply)
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Hey all. I've resorted to adding friends since the forums aren't quite intuitive and we don't get alerts for new messages. I'm still coming in every so often but not often enough. Add me if you see this!!
    I'm gonna try to come in a little more often anyway. I know this thread is stale but I guess if the need comes we can make a new one too.

Welcome nonetheless. I hope everyone's journey is going well. And happy new year!
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Hi all! I'm Trent, a queer trans man from Colorado. Happy to anyone who wants to add me as a friend. I've logged daily since late Nov, and intend to be using MFP daily for the foreseeable future.
  • rumlerfiona
    rumlerfiona Posts: 32 Member
    Hello! I'm non-binary/librafemme and just found this thread. I'm afab and underage.
    I've seen this discussion about bras, which lead me to the question if anyone can give me advice on binding. I have already come out to my parents and currently think to ask them for a binder. My problem is: there are too many different types out there. What are your experiences with them. What type would you recommend me?
    Like DanaLizard, I'm german my friends are using they/them pronouns for me, when we are talking alone. (I'm out to my parents and my two best friends as well as one's parents.) But when an other student overheard our conversation, he looked really wierd about them using an english pronoun in a completely german sentence. Should I tell him to get over with this, when I come out and just force them to use an english pronoun in german or should I try to get a more german sounding pronoun? We have something corresponding to 'it' but I got bullied and called that in elementary so I would refrain from using this.
    To the gender specific terms: Since I'm not out to most people, I just go with whenever someone says "that's for the girls, you go there", like in sports or toilets. But it always seems completely wrong for me. I wished I could immediately come out to everyone and get this fixed. The thing is, I don't think, coming out will fix anything at all and I'm really scared what the others are gonna say. I know, I shouldn't care about what they think but I yet really do.
    A good day/night to everybody and thanks for reading!
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member
    I'm also from the PNW! I commented on another post just a bit ago saying all this, but I'm GF/transmasc/andro (haven't started hormones yet, waiting for lab work). Add me!
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    I'm genderqueer but not out IRL. I wanted to try to drop some weight to see if that helped unfemme my presentation, but my body looks even more girly these days (a little bit slimmer in the face, neck, thighs and arms, but my silhouette is *hourglass*). I'm also prepping for a pregnancy, which will be... I mean, I'm hoping that the hormone change will be an improvement (I've got PMDD, but can't get a referral to an endocrinologist even though it's a hormone disorder? Why can't I treat this with hormone therapy instead of antidepressants?? Ugh, how much worse would I be on T, or would I just be the Rage-Monster!Me instead of the Depressed-Maudlin!Me all the time? Would the consistency be better than this swing???).

I do want this kid, don't get me wrong, but I'm also bummed that I won't be making any progress on a more NB presentation. The only place I can pass as masc is online, and I just.... I miss doing drag, and no one is going to mistake me for a cute boy when I'm all soft and round from being pregnant😞
  • korimak0
    korimak0 Posts: 249 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi @LaBellaHarris ! I totally feel you on the hourglass thing - I'm short, hourglass and with 30H/32GG chest so yeahhhhh. But I have found some great styles that mix feminity and masculinity, maybe you might be interested in that sort of look? The idea being, androgeny doesn't need to be a lack of gender characteristics, it can just be a fun mix! So maybe celebrating your curves but dressing in a typically masculine style with a bomber jacket or chunky boots etc

I'm FAB and gender fluid/nonbinary, I'm pretty sure there's noone who performs top surgery in my country so getting creative is where I'm at :D
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    non-bonary/genderqueer person here too.