Weight loss

2»

Replies

• TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    You say you've lost 6kg in 6 months, that's awesome! Well done, a kg a month is good progress. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • jessdance1
    jessdance1 Posts: 12 Member
    I appreciate all the advice I was given and now from hearing how bad the 800 diet is and the impacts it has on the body I will no longer do that. I think some readjusting on my logging is a great idea thankyou. Also just accept its a long journey and it will happen just have to stay consistent and on top of it and maybe start with smaller goals before I worry about the big 12 and be patient.
  • jessdance1
    jessdance1 Posts: 12 Member
    And understanding that slow progress is better for the long term is good to know also
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    Weight loss is a long journey when you do it properly. Of course you lose weight quicker when you eat hardly any calories but you also deny yourself basic nutrition and put your body into starvation mode which screws your body up in many ways. It’s very dangerous and not worth it. Just have patience and get a personal trainer trained in nutrition to help you

Starvation mode is not a thing.

Well I was starving myself and I was not morbidly obese. I’m not sure what starvation mode you are referring to? Is that a term?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jessdance1 wrote: »
    I am sorry and I didn’t lay out my information clearly, I just such trying to understand this long weight loss journey myself and like one of you said the internet can be full of information so I wanted to get some personal opinions. I undterstsnd with not explaining my story properly it has raised concerns for people about me doing 800 calories and I wasn’t aware that it’s really bad for your body and now I have that information it’s great. I am just trying everything and anything to do honest. I have only being doing the 800 for a short time so I am now going to stop that and go back to my fitness pal and adjust my calories higher. I do appreciate all the advice I just left there were a few comments I wanted to stand up for myself for but now I have need information a bit clear people understand and there is no drama.

I don't think it was drama it was just a slight miscommunication that had to be cleared up. That happens all the time on a message board. I am glad you are going to continue at a healthier calorie level.

It does take a long time to lose fat weight so I always tell people to be kind to themselves. If you are the time may seem to pass faster. If you are really harsh with yourself time can really seem to drag.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    Weight loss is a long journey when you do it properly. Of course you lose weight quicker when you eat hardly any calories but you also deny yourself basic nutrition and put your body into starvation mode which screws your body up in many ways. It’s very dangerous and not worth it. Just have patience and get a personal trainer trained in nutrition to help you

Well I was starving myself and I was not morbidly obese. I’m not sure what starvation mode you are referring to? Is that a term?

Yes, starvation is a thing.

Starvation mode is a term coined somehow to describe the false idea that eating too few calories will make your body hold on to fat and hence you don't lose weight.

That is not a real thing.

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member

Starvation mode is a term coined somehow to describe the false idea that eating too few calories will make your body hold on to fat and hence you don't lose weight.

Oh ok I haven’t heard of that before. Sorry got the confusion. Either way eating 800kcsl a day without a dr is a terrible plan