Last Weight: 284.2 lbs
    Change: -1.2 lbs
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    You are doing great!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    That's a LOT of "water" retention! I'm glad mine is less "elastic"

So... the idea of not keeping track of calories and hoping weight will just stay stable or move down?

Yeah... NOT a good plan :wink:

Back with puppy as of this morning. Bet you last month has cost me 3lbs or so. Oh well. Not even at highest of the year... so there's that!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    Not a typical month though. Hopefully you won't have one like this anytime soon.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So... the idea of not keeping track of calories and hoping weight will just stay stable or move down?
    Yeah... NOT a good plan!

There’s a lot of wining and dining in your upcoming weeks PAV - so time to do some preventative tracking?

I’ve tried the “quesstimation” method which has failed miserably. Still dragging around those extra 3 pounds. It’s time to get much more serious.
  • lauriekallis
    Good thinking, Yooly. I do believe you should be our new Queen. Please help keep us all in line...God knows I need it (though I resist so hard!)
    It is rather cruel to crown anyone with that job though. What a bunch of independent souls we are!
  • PAV8888
    Oh I agree Yooly... that's why I mentioned it :smiley: Not (just) preventive.

Just saying that it is something we have to be prepared to do (for many of us including myself for the foreseeable future)... without resenting it.

Why mention resenting? Because I often catch a hint of resentment in various posts about "having" to track.

It is a tool. We're using it. Our choice to not use it... has consequences. Nothing to resent though! It is what it is! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Nope - I don’t resent tracking and logging at all. In fact, I feel much more positive and in control if I stick with it. I know tracking is a lifetime commitment for me. Otherwise I begin sliding back into my old habits which are always lurking around.

I have more weight to lose although I’m coasting along at a stable level. Not where I want to be but not where I was....

and Laurie, I’m definitely not Queen material. Don’t have a smidge of high class in me! Nor do I deign to rule anyone. However I am pretty dang judgmental!
  • PAV8888
    Hey: no judging the teens!!! Don' make us get the coupon book and dad!!!
  • lauriekallis
    I don't know, Yooly. You feel like one classy dame :) I I really like your gentle reminder to PAV...I would always appreciate the same. A voice of reason when the hamsters are speaking to me might be needed. :)

I don't really "resent" tracking - I just sometimes get overwhelmed. I think I need to learn how to relax on that so I don't feel that way. Sometimes (if it is rare) I can just guestimate a restaurant meal rather than getting frustrated. And it is cool to guestimate veggies - if it is veggie stew I I forget to measure the carrots - it is no biggie. I was getting stressed out over not being perfect. That I think I have to LET GO.

Obviously the big ticket items are important to track carefully. But I don't have to make it tooooo onerous.
  • Yoolypr
    edited September 2022
    Classy I am definitely not! You should have heard the cursing in the teacher’s lounge as I graded essays. 🤬🤯 😱 It’s constant measuring!That’s probably where the judgmental aspects of my personality were nurtured.
    Because what’s teaching but making judgements on performance? Is that an A or a D paper? Did they make an effort or buy online (by the way, there are trackers for teachers to ferret out online essays)? Is this a sincere student or a slacker smart *kitten*? And of course all the emotional angst and often horrifying home lives. Can I pass this person along to the next level?

Numbers - measuring - judgement. Kind of the same as tracking food. No resentment there. You just have to make an honest effort to meet the goal - and not give up if you don’t get an A the first time.
  • Yoolypr
    Restaurant meals! Son's birthday lunch was fun. I ordered carefully and moderately. But the salmon, broccoli and salad I ordered was “well seasoned” - meaning plenty of salt. So today it’s fat fingers, puffiness and an extra pound. 😤
  • lauriekallis
    I hope that one doesn't try to stick around!
  • Yoolypr
    edited October 2022
    Time to hunker down. Holidays are just around the bend and a vacation. That extra few pounds is determined to celebrate with me!👿
  • lauriekallis
    You have a great mindset, Yooly, and I know can nip this in the bud.

As I will do if any upstart branches try growing on me again.
  • lauriekallis
    edited October 2022
    Today - finally! - I moved down to the next "whole" number - 96.9. I've broken my most recent "low" on Sept 23! I'm out of the 97s / 98s / 99s where I have been for 10 days of relatively disciplined eating with lots of activity. I'm bouncing back and forth between elated and annoyed, lol, I think I'll settle on elated if it doesn't bounce up again tomorrow morning.
    My resting heart rate is now 50. Body is slowing right down to use less energy I think - hah, it's not getting away with that - I have a list of things to keep it going this week. I wonder what will happen if I just start breathing really heavily? (other than people staying far away from me :) )
  • PAV8888
    You're doing good. I won't suggest re=feeding because we know that that won't end up well, potentially :blush: Higher carb at night may push you up a bit on that. Ask me how I may have noticed that :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    Interesting! I've often been having my "salad meal" at night since it seems to make sense to eat lighter then and it fits my schedule...do you think that having my heavier/more starch carbs meal at night? Which, coincidentallly I did do last night for convenience (I was toooo lazy to make a salad).
  • PAV8888
    I think that we change when things don't work. If they work... don't mess with too too much in trying to optimize...

I can see many problems with a carb heavy meal at night. Pasta and rice and oodles of bread and donuts come to mind. Come on down! so maybe not.

Doesn't stop carbs from being anabolic and protein sparing. Protein would be protein sparing too. But refeed advice is increase in carbs (though things like boiled potatoes are more of a suggestion as opposed to sugar cubes for some strange reason).

so... light... a light potato apple raisin salad? (I swear I just came up with this!!!!) yogurt based, of course :)
  • lauriekallis
    Hmmm...

My carb heavy meals involve usually potatoes and eggs or veggie sausages and veggies... I'll see how things go before I start changing too much because I'm kind of happy with this eating plan right now. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻