I need help 😔. Check my diary

2»

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    darshemail wrote: »
    You are doing everything right. Weigh urself in 5 weeks I promise you will see the weight difference. Usually I don't see a weight difference in myself every week...but every month yes!!

Thanks!! Will keep doing what I'm doing. Honestly I don't have plans to eat less.. Specially days that i hit the gym, so my body gonna have to do his thing like it did it before when i lost 100 lbs with no excersice😄. Hopefully the scale will move in the next few weeks. Good thing is that I feel great regards the scale not moving lately.
  • karyabc
    I think others have likely addressed why you’re not seeing loss on the scale right now - stress, water retention from the new workout, and being 1.5+ years in to a calorie deficit can all combine to make you plateau.

I want to make a plug for resistance training in addition to cardio, though. You see those studies with people that lose a lot of weight, and their BMR afterwards is lower than what would be expected for someone of their stats, and this persists (in some studies) for years. The major changeable contributing factor to your BMR is your lean body mass - which you’ll lose some of naturally as you lose weight - but you want to try to preserve it as much as possible. Major loss of lean body mass seems to be the explanation behind the anomalously low BMRs.

Plus, resistance training has all sorts of great benefits - maintaining strength and bone density into old age, making you look more toned and fit even at the same weight, feeling like a general badass strong independent person. You don’t have to start some regimented weight lifting program. I’d suggest starting by incorporating maybe 20 minutes of body weight work a couple of times a week (before cardio, or you might be tired).

Keep at what you’re doing and I’m sure you’ll break through the plateau soon. And congrats on the 100 lbs! That’s huge!

Hi!! Yes I've suspected that too and have read about it people who have being for son long on calories deficit their metabolism and their BMR gets affected, but God I'm so not in the mood for 1200 calorie diet. Sure, I've had days I don't hit the gym or not too hungry and I can eat like that but every day that few calories ugh I find it boring and get hangry like veryyy 😏🙆.
    About the strength training, that was kinda my 2020 goal didn't have plans to start than but will try to incorporate that and see how it goes.

And thanks on the 100lbs I feel great but I soooo can't wait to be below 200lbs, it is my absolute dream/goal 😁.
  • karyabc
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would not change the exercise. Sounds like you also had 3-4 months of stressful events? Sounds like it has been closer to 3+ months as opposed to 2 weeks (counting before exercise)?

Start using weight trend app which it doesn't sound like you're doing. May help with perspective in some cases

Fitbit independently calculates your tdee and the difference between MFP's estimate of your tdee and Fitbit's is what you see as exercise. It will be off if your heart rate is higher than average for a particular activity. There are limits to how far off it usually is!

Don't expect your losses 1.5 years into a deficit to continue at the same rate.

Have you done any re-feeds or have you been at a deficit throughout?

Yea I'm not expecting the rate to be the same, of course it hasn't be the same at all, the first 6 months the weight was coming off way faster, after that the next 8 month it was slower but sure thing the scale was moving. I just would like the scale to move that's it and hopefully a downward trend and not up/the same.

Sorry what you mean by re-feeds 😗.

Karina.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    I am in the same boat. I wasn't exercising and lost 25 lbs in 3 months. I started running 4 weeks ago and have lost nothing since. But I take photos every week and I do see the difference. Hopefully, we will both see the numbers start to drop soon on the scale. Don't give up!
  • karyabc
    grubb1019 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat. I wasn't exercising and lost 25 lbs in 3 months. I started running 4 weeks ago and have lost nothing since. But I take photos every week and I do see the difference. Hopefully, we will both see the numbers start to drop soon on the scale. Don't give up!

Omg congrats on your huge lost in so short time!. No, I'm not giving up, we're not giving up!, just wanna keep doing what I'm doing and see the scale moving. I'll make sure to post in a few weeks with updates.

Thanks 😇