Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How much debt do you have including mortgage etc..

Replies

• slessofmeslessofme Posts: 5,499Member Member Posts: 5,499Member Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    Ketch_22 wrote: »
    Debt and credit scores are a racket. They don't mean anything. If I had to put a number on it though, like $348K

You know, the whole world is in debt anyway. Like, when you die...that debt...where does it go? Its just numbers then..bouncing around in a bubble of speculation.

Right? It's all in imaginary figures anyway. If all the databases went down tomorrow I wouldn't be in debt.

Actually, if you die and you plan to leave something to someone... ex life insurance they can't collect on the estate until the bills are paid. On a side note... if you leave no one anything then debts are absorbed and if you have no life insurance you will be buried. They don't just leave you in the street ;)

Just throw me in the trash

Nah, I'mma stuff you and put you in my museum.

That's actually a thing you can do. It's called plastination.

This is very interesting to see on display. I've been to a few exhibits.

This shouldn't creep me out because it's really just a shell of our existence but this creeped me out to think there's dead people on display somewhere.

The way they are displayed makes it easy to conceptualize them as an art exhibit or like a medical grade anatomy model. If you're up for it, google bodyworlds.
    ythannah wrote: »
    Debt and credit scores are a racket. They don't mean anything. If I had to put a number on it though, like $348K

You know, the whole world is in debt anyway. Like, when you die...that debt...where does it go? Its just numbers then..bouncing around in a bubble of speculation.

Right? It's all in imaginary figures anyway. If all the databases went down tomorrow I wouldn't be in debt.

Actually, if you die and you plan to leave something to someone... ex life insurance they can't collect on the estate until the bills are paid. On a side note... if you leave no one anything then debts are absorbed and if you have no life insurance you will be buried. They don't just leave you in the street ;)

This shouldn't creep me out because it's really just a shell of our existence but this creeped me out to think there's dead people on display somewhere.

Now I'd want to know if there is a fee charged to view these exhibits, and if the estates of the dead folk receive a portion of that, like royalties....

If I remember correctly, donation is arranged by the individual prior to death. Basically like donating your body to science. There is a fee to enter the exhibit.
  • Susieq_1994Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,359Member Member Posts: 5,359Member Member

Body World in Amsterdam is one of them. I'm both highly creeped out and also very intrigued, because I just finished up two semesters of Anatomy & Physiology. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to brave the place while I'm on vacation later this year.
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Posts: 399Member Member Posts: 399Member Member
    Body World in Amsterdam is one of them. I'm both highly creeped out and also very intrigued, because I just finished up two semesters of Anatomy & Physiology. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to brave the place while I'm on vacation later this year.

Go. It's not nearly as bad of as what you might see in a lab or morgue. Actually, most of it is barely recognizable as a body.
  • RunHardBeStrongRunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,118Member Member Posts: 33,118Member Member
    What is your credit score?

Good enough for Olive Garden.
  • rickiimarieeerickiimarieee Posts: 2,222Member Member Posts: 2,222Member Member
    Just bought a new house so around 170k of debt. Paid some of my home with cash but had to get a mortgage for the rest!
    My monthly spending varies.
    Usually about 100 in gas
    500-600 in groceries
    200 for electric
    300 for tv and internet
    100-200 for water and sewage
    40 every 3 months for trash.
    About 200 in formula for my LO.
    50-200 in diapers
    And about 100-200 in prescription medication.
    Mortgage is 1300 a month.
  • rickiimarieeerickiimarieee Posts: 2,222Member Member Posts: 2,222Member Member
    I normally don’t use credit cards or any of that of the sort.
    I live extremely comfortably. Like said above will I retire at a good age? Probably not because retirement probably won’t cover all the bills but we’ll see when I get there!
  • MotorsheenMotorsheen Posts: 14,920Member Member Posts: 14,920Member Member

@RunHardBeStrong

..... nothing else really matters, does it?

I’m also 23 years old. For those who are wondering. Yeah I have a lot of debt for my age because of the house but most of the people around me the same age, don’t have a serious job and still live with their parents so I’ll take my debt 🤷🏽‍♀️

Sounds like my type of lady!
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 585Member Member Posts: 585Member Member
    I am 31, live alone. I have:

~$5,000 left to pay on my car
    ~$7,000 in credit card debt

I only use my credit card for travel. The rest of my monthly expenses come right out of my checking account.

Per month:

$150 - groceries
    $900 - rent, trash, water, sewage
    $40 - wifi
    $90 - gas and electric
    $60 - gas for car
    $210 - car payment

I plan on buying a house in the next 6 months to a year, so I should enjoy my low debt while I can :D

I only use my credit card for travel. The rest of my monthly expenses come right out of my checking account.

Per month:

$150 - groceries
    $40 - wifi
    $90 - gas and electric
    $60 - gas for car
    $210 - car payment

I plan on buying a house in the next 6 months to a year, so I should enjoy my low debt while I can :D

I wish my bills looked like this 🤣
  • Ketch_22Ketch_22 Posts: 1,204Member Member Posts: 1,204Member Member
    Just bought a new house so around 170k of debt. Paid some of my home with cash but had to get a mortgage for the rest!
    Usually about 100 in gas
    500-600 in groceries
    200 for electric
    300 for tv and internet
    50-200 in diapers

Your doing great! thats not debt.. it's living expenses
  • BasedGawd412BasedGawd412 Posts: 325Member Member Posts: 325Member Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Rent $550
    Electric $35 a month
    Gas $30 a month
    Water $50 a month (my landlord gets the bill, I'm sure he is cheating me)
    2015 Kia forte that's totaled $415 a month, 3 years left
    2012 Kia Sorento $223 a month, 4 years left
    Gas for vehicle $200 to $300 a month
    Food $400 to $600 a month

I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania which is cheap to live plus I travel for a living so I'm hardly home which is why my utilities are low.

I did buy two houses before, first one was 37,500 and second was 39,000. Each 3 bedrooms 2 bath and werent even fixer uppers.

Our water bill has a base fee of $27 and is $4/1000 gals after that. If yours is similar then $50 might not be unrealistic

Unless you travel all month 😁

When I previously owned my past homes, my waterbill was $40 to $50 a month with 4 people living there.

One month I turned off my water at the source and when rent was due I asked my landlord how much for water, he said $60 lol.

• Danw586Danw586 Posts: 93Member Member Posts: 93Member Member

Per month:

$150 - groceries
    $40 - wifi
    $90 - gas and electric
    $60 - gas for car
    $210 - car payment

How do you live on this? I'm moving out of Connecticut
    Usually about 100 in gas
    500-600 in groceries
    200 for electric
    300 for tv and internet
    50-200 in diapers

Well my mortgage is debt lol but yes the rest is monthly living expenses! Thanks!! 😀
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Rent $550
    Electric $35 a month
    Gas $30 a month
    Water $50 a month (my landlord gets the bill, I'm sure he is cheating me)
    2015 Kia forte that's totaled $415 a month, 3 years left
    2012 Kia Sorento $223 a month, 4 years left
    Gas for vehicle $200 to $300 a month
    Food $400 to $600 a month

I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania which is cheap to live plus I travel for a living so I'm hardly home which is why my utilities are low.

I did buy two houses before, first one was 37,500 and second was 39,000. Each 3 bedrooms 2 bath and werent even fixer uppers.

Our water bill has a base fee of $27 and is $4/1000 gals after that. If yours is similar then $50 might not be unrealistic

Unless you travel all month 😁

When I previously owned my past homes, my waterbill was $40 to $50 a month with 4 people living there.

One month I turned off my water at the source and when rent was due I asked my landlord how much for water, he said $60 lol.

Mines also around 50-60 and we have a family of 4 here as well!
    Danw586 wrote: »

Per month:

$150 - groceries
    $40 - wifi
    $90 - gas and electric
    $60 - gas for car
    $210 - car payment

How do you live on this? I'm moving out of Connecticut

My question too!
  • Ketch_22Ketch_22 Posts: 1,204Member Member Posts: 1,204Member Member
    Usually about 100 in gas
    500-600 in groceries
    200 for electric
    300 for tv and internet
    50-200 in diapers

Well my mortgage is debt lol but yes the rest is monthly living expenses! Thanks!! 😀

Mortgage is considered "good" debt because you can liquidate and pay off at any time; it appreciates; you get tax breaks; and you can utilize the equity in the home for other uses. Good job at such a young age buying!