Labor Day Mini Challenge!

167891012»

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Today’s weigh in is 195. Short of my goal but still positive. I did better with my exercise goals than I did with my weight loss as I consistently rode over 50 miles on my biking days. 🚴🏽‍♀️🚴🏽‍♀️
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Here's my final weigh-in:

SW: - 168.5
    7/26 - 168.7
    8/2 - 169
    8/9 - 167.8
    8/16 - 162.5
    8/23 - 166.1
    8/30 -166.7

Yep. Somehow I've gone up since last week. So while I'm disappointed that I didn't come close to my initial goal, I'm ok that at least I lost a little bit. I was 170 lbs. on August 1st so I've made some strides. I have also stuck with Couch to 5K and am in the middle of the 4th week. I've also been pretty consistent with logging my food.

This was the first goal challenge I'v participated in and am looking forward to the next one! It really did help a lot.
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Drum roll please...

Ok, cancel that! 🤣 There is no dramatic revelation after my final mini challenge weigh-in.

7/26 - 187.2
    8/2 - 187
    8/9 - 188.6
    8/16 - 187.2
    8/23 - 185.6
    8/30 - 184.6

Challenge loss: 2.6 lbs

I'm at 35.4 lbs lost since I began.my most recent journey, with about the same amount to lose for my final goal weight.

I originally wanted to lose 8 - 10 lbs over the past 5 weeks, so I missed that goal by a lot. I did increase my water intake, consistently weighed food, ate at a calorie deficit but rarely stayed at or under my allotted 1300 calories. I had exercise/activity calories to use and I don't believe in going to bed hungry, it never works for me. An NSV is that I'm fitting into more and more smaller sizes!

The challenges of the challenge for me included a neck/shoulder injury, my "monthly visitor" showed up after a 2 month hiatus and stayed for 7 days (I'll be 55 next month for crying out loud!), and I'm still dealing with an upper respiratory infection that showed up 2 weeks ago. All that being said, I don't believe in excuses, it's just life and I take full responsibility for my behavior and outcomes.

I've enjoyed having all of you along for the ride and I'm motivated by your dedication and perseverance. I hope you will join me for the next mini challenge starting next week! Stay tuned for the info!

Great job to everyone who stuck around, no matter what the outcome!
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    Final Goal Check-In:
    1. Plan backups for bedtime/midday snack cravings and weekends and fit snacks into calorie targets -
    NOT (exactly) ACCOMPLISHED !!! I went over my calories BIG time yesterday... This was a hard goal to track, I think I need to set some more concrete points of accomplishments here. My goal next month will be to track EVERYTHING, especially on those way over days... which I did do yesterday.

2. Go to at least two exercise classes per week OR two long walks outside OR combo of the two -
    ACCOMPLISHED! This has been my best accomplishment of the mini challenge. Did a new Hip Hop yoga class today and went to a Les Mills Bodypump class, first time for both! Also went kayaking yesterday. Exercising three times a week is a major new one for me and I feel so great!!! I can tell I'm getting stronger, sitting up straighter and I think this one got me my NSV which is feeling my favorite pants get pretty loose

3. 6 - 6.5 minute ab/core routine two days on, one day off -
    ACCOMPLISHED!

4. Weigh in and post -
    ACCOMPLISHED - Here!

5. Go the entire month of August without stopping for high calorie expensive coffee drinks -
    NOT ACCOMPLISHED. I did stop twice, but it was a treat for my sister and I when I went over to visit her and baby... and it fit into my calorie targets those days. Next month I think I'll set it to getting to have 1 every other week, because I do enjoy a coffee treat so why be deprived.

I'm 36 and 5'4"
    SW 7/25: 151.9
    8/1: 148.8
    8/8: 148.9
    8/15: 148.0
    8/22: 150.0
    *8/29: 148.2 (avg of daily weigh-ins)

Mini GW (Labor Day): 149 (Finally get and stay under 150 for more than 3 weeks in a row, I've been on the yo-yo)
    MADE IT!! Total loss for challenge - 3.7 lbs, and have been holding under 150!
    Thanks SuzOh for hosting the challenge and being so thoughtful about checking in and following up!

Excited to set and get started on some new goals!

GW by End of Year: 139 (top of healthy BMI range)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 127 (Mid Range Healthy BMI) and keep it there!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Well I aimed for 159 and hit 162. Still down three pounds or so for the month. I'm learning more about realistic goals for me. Unfortunately it means that 25 pounds down by Christmas is unlikely unless I can do better at that old calorie deficit. More habits to learn. And my hip is getting better maybe I can get back to the gym. Still I wish I had done better this month.
  • squirley13
    squirley13 Posts: 112 Member
    I was late entering this challenge and late to responding. I was great until I realized that this weekend was going to be so stressful I couldn’t cope. I started almost 2 weeks ago at 172 and wanted to be 167 and got down to 168 last week but since Thursday I started eating all crap and carbs. Full lattes, fast food, funeral finger food, late night binges all weekend because I can’t handle another death, end of some jobs, my whiny lazy husband, my terribly moody teenager, and my nightmare house. I am typing this around almost 3am because I can’t sleep either due to the stress emotionally or physically as I moved too much lumber yesterday. I usually weigh everyday but I don’t even want to step on today! I was 170 yesterday and bet I went up today even though I burned more than I ate. I say that because of how long I recorded on here when I always burned more calories than I ate. It doesn’t matter! Calories in verses calories out is a joke! It is all about the quality of calories as you can’t out run or workout your fork (or fingers in my case). Stress is another inflammation factor that will cause weight gain. I swear my husband opens his mouth and the numbers on my scale go up!!! Well if SuzOh or anybody here has another challenge I want to enlist as I need these little goals to be accountable. I just think the end of a season and “holiday” are so difficult for me and I need to put my big girl panties on (a girdle or waist trainer) and remember that a moment on the lips 👄 means weeks on the hips!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    SW: 263
    Challenge start: 7/25
    CSW: 243.6
    CW: 231.7
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)
    Challenge weight change: -11.9

wow! August was pretty great, even with my poor bike breaking twice. I had been planning on waiting till spring to get a new bike, but I upgraded early and I'm glad that I did. :)

I'm nervous about September, with my teaching schedule starting up again, but I've built some solid habits, including working in craving-type food choices. so, here's to keeping this going!
  • SuzOh
    amkita wrote: »
    SW: 263
    Challenge start: 7/25
    CSW: 243.6
    CW: 231.7
    Labor day goal: 233 (~10.5 lbs)
    Challenge weight change: -11.9

wow! August was pretty great, even with my poor bike breaking twice. I had been planning on waiting till spring to get a new bike, but I upgraded early and I'm glad that I did. :)

I'm nervous about September, with my teaching schedule starting up again, but I've built some solid habits, including working in craving-type food choices. so, here's to keeping this going!

You really made the most of the challenge! Awesome!
  • SuzOh
    squirley13 wrote: »
    I was late entering this challenge and late to responding. I was great until I realized that this weekend was going to be so stressful I couldn’t cope. I started almost 2 weeks ago at 172 and wanted to be 167 and got down to 168 last week but since Thursday I started eating all crap and carbs. Full lattes, fast food, funeral finger food, late night binges all weekend because I can’t handle another death, end of some jobs, my whiny lazy husband, my terribly moody teenager, and my nightmare house. I am typing this around almost 3am because I can’t sleep either due to the stress emotionally or physically as I moved too much lumber yesterday. I usually weigh everyday but I don’t even want to step on today! I was 170 yesterday and bet I went up today even though I burned more than I ate. I say that because of how long I recorded on here when I always burned more calories than I ate. It doesn’t matter! Calories in verses calories out is a joke! It is all about the quality of calories as you can’t out run or workout your fork (or fingers in my case). Stress is another inflammation factor that will cause weight gain. I swear my husband opens his mouth and the numbers on my scale go up!!! Well if SuzOh or anybody here has another challenge I want to enlist as I need these little goals to be accountable. I just think the end of a season and “holiday” are so difficult for me and I need to put my big girl panties on (a girdle or waist trainer) and remember that a moment on the lips 👄 means weeks on the hips!

I feel your frustration, and understand. I didn't meet my challenge goals.

That being said, I'm hosting a Fall challenge starting this Friday, details coming today or tomorrow.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2019
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -184.6
    8/23 - 180.4
    8/30 - *SIGH* 180

OK, not quite the results I was hoping for, but considering the huge swings during that time - the fact that I'm actually DOWN is a good thing. It's not how many times you fall down, but how many times you get up... RIGHT? Right for the sweet love of ...

Anyway - September is a new month with a new set of goals for me. I'm doing 30 days of Yoga (mixed, not all Hot Yoga, because I'm not completely crazy - YET) and no booze for the month (ok, well after yesterday, it WAS Labor day y'all)

If anyone is up for a physical challenge - you pick the activity, you pick the amount, and we start a new thread to track - let me know!
  • SuzOh
    AKTipsyCat wrote: »
    SW: - 182.8
    7/19 - 182.8
    7/26 - 182.4
    8/2 - 184
    8/9 - 187
    8/16 -184.6
    8/23 - 180.4
    8/30 - *SIGH* 180

OK, not quite the results I was hoping for, but considering the huge swings during that time - the fact that I'm actually DOWN is a good thing. It's not how many times you fall down, but how many times you get up... RIGHT? Right for the sweet love of ...

Anyway - September is a new month with a new set of goals for me. I'm doing 30 days of Yoga (mixed, not all Hot Yoga, because I'm not completely crazy - YET) and no booze for the month (ok, well after yesterday, it WAS Labor day y'all)

If anyone is up for a physical challenge - you pick the activity, you pick the amount, and we start a new thread to track - let me know!

A loss is a loss, great job!
  • SuzOh
    edited September 2019
    Final post for this thread!

Congrats to everyone who stuck with it, no matter what! For those who reached or exceeded their goals, CONGRATS! For those of us who came up a little short, congrats on sticking with it!

I've decided to start a new group for WOMEN only. It's all about motivating and supporting each other in our journeys, and the first discussion thread is an 8 week FALL challenge starting this Friday. It is a private, invite only group, so I've sent some invitations, but if you didn't get one just click the link below and hopefully it will show an option to join. *This is my first attempt at starting a group. ;)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/134040-illuminated-women-calorie-countin-and-goal-chasin