Doom, Despair, and Agony on Me! (aka a whine thread)

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Thanks everyone. That was the first time I ever told anyone since I was 14. After I typed it to y’all I told my husband. It was cathartic.

@jodibeth5744 ive been told that before and took it as a compliment. Hugs to you.

It is good to know we can share anything here and no one is ever judge mental....such a kind and supportive group!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Thanks everyone. That was the first time I ever told anyone since I was 14. After I typed it to y’all I told my husband. It was cathartic.

@jodibeth5744 ive been told that before and took it as a compliment. Hugs to you.

Wow, Lady. You have so much strength. This is going to be a great year for you, I think! I'm glad to be here as witness.

This group is quite the team of wonderpeople!
  • emmyjaykay
    emmyjaykay Posts: 83 Member
    @_inHisGrace I'm so proud of you for telling us and for telling your husband. It's so hard to privately hold onto trauma, especially for so long, and sharing is such an important step towards healing. You're doing a fantastic job.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member

@_inHisGrace I'm glad that it was a help to you, and that your husband was understanding!

@jodibeth5744 - I agree with Grace here - take it as a compliment! :)
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    This isn't exactly a while, and it's not about me or anything, it's just more of a frustration with the app today :p

First, this morning, it wouldn't let me get into the boards to see anything, it kept saying that Community was not available.

Then, I kept trying to put in a new recipe for dinner tonight (just a basic chili that's been cooking in the slow cooker all day), but it kept giving me errors.

And now, the app won't sync with my fitbit for my steps/exercise for my calories.

But, I did manage to finally get my recipe saved, and obviously it's letting me back on the boards, so, fingers crossed it'll eventually sync with my fitbit.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    @rieraclaelin it's not just you, mine's been saying "community not available" periodically for several days now!
  • bmeadows380
    its like whenever I go in on the browser version to add something, it always errors out the first time. I move from recent to frequently used and then back to recent and it will usually show my most recent items which is what I like to pick from, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries.
  • bmeadows380
    I'm just blah today :( and don't really know why. I usually love snow, and I've sat here watching it snow all day today, but maybe what I really need is some sun therapy.

The boyfriend has been very patient and taking it in stride today. Just wish he wasn't 1000 miles away at the moment......
  • conniewilkins56
    I'm just blah today :( and don't really know why. I usually love snow, and I've sat here watching it snow all day today, but maybe what I really need is some sun therapy.

The boyfriend has been very patient and taking it in stride today. Just wish he wasn't 1000 miles away at the moment......

I would give anything to see some snow!...I am so homesick to visit Indiana....the weather here today is sunny and chilly with wind out of the north....sweatshirt weather....I wanted to swim because the water was so warm yesterday but I was afraid the air would freeze me...li should have gone and gotten in the jacuzzi but I was busy with other stuff!
  • conniewilkins56
    Sorry you had such a rough time of it....sounds like you have a very stressful job!...maybe you can squeeze some “ ME “ time in over the weekend?....your boss is lucky to have you!...take a deep breath, breathe and try to remember that overeating won’t help and will probably make you feel worse!...lots of hugs sent your way!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    AAAhhhh!!! I got annoyed just reading your message. As someone who always handles family travel plans I know how annoying this is, albeit on a MUCH smaller scale. Hope it all gets worked out and you can get some time for yourself!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Thanks guys only just finished a moment ago (it's almost 10pm here now), I didn't raid the fridge but I did go to KFC as I really could not be bothered to cook at this stage of the night, under on calories for the day and protein should be pretty sorted for today.

Plan to run a bath once food has settled a bit.

• I would give anything to see some snow!...I am so homesick to visit Indiana....the weather here today is sunny and chilly with wind out of the north....sweatshirt weather....I wanted to swim because the water was so warm yesterday but I was afraid the air would freeze me...li should have gone and gotten in the jacuzzi but I was busy with other stuff!

Let me know when you're coming through Indy and we can have a visit! We have plenty of snow at the moment, also cold.

Cold enough that I've decided to shut off the three season porch. The cats aren't going out there for any length of time anyway with it being in the single digit temperatures, and that way I stop an air leak into the room I sit in. They can get their outside observation done in the front window.

• conniewilkins56
    What part of Indiana are you in?
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Ahhh, Indiana, I grew up there! Moved out to Ohio about 15 years ago, though.
  • What part of Indiana are you in?

I live on the east side of Indianapolis now, but I was born and raised and spent 25 years in Anderson.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    papayahed wrote: »
    Ack. My hard won size 12 pants are tight. I took a slight break for the Christmas holidays and had a heck of a time getting back on track since then. I'm slightly annoyed with myself that it took so long, but I'm also proud of myself to sticking to the only two rules I set for myself.

Won't take you long to ge them looser again.
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    I’ve been in a big slump. My head has been killing me. I’m getting pathetic with feeling sorry for myself. Today is much better!!