Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

iOS 19.7.0 Release Notes & Discussion

JobenJoben Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
Whether you want to log your lowest weight in years, your first run in weeks, or your heart healthy afternoon snack, we know you count on MyFitnessPal to be working smoothly.

That’s why this release is full of bug fixes, performance updates, and improved reliability so we can be there to support you during every moment of your health journey.

Want to try new features before everyone else? Join our beta program: http://undrarmr.co/2o6qBid

We hope you enjoy and happy tracking!

Happy tracking!

Please use this discussion to share any feedback or suggestions related to the iOS 19.7.0 release. If you are having technical problems or are reporting a bug, please post in our Support Center

For a list of known iOS issue, please see this article in our support center.

Replies

• yirarayirara Posts: 4,193Member Member Posts: 4,193Member Member
    Too much whitespace. The diary doesn’t work anymore on smaller screens because I only see two food items at once. The rest is whitespace, headers, button to go premium, etc.
  • cdrjhb007cdrjhb007 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Please. Please. PLEASE give us a dark mode option. I log every single day both exercises and meals. I have a 580 day continuous streak going. This all white is really jarring and for those of us with AMOLED screens is taking a toll on battery life.
  • AggieMike88AggieMike88 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    Add my vote to a dark mode. Especially since Dark Mode is a big thing in iOS 13
  • mtvecchiomtvecchio Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    This white background is horrible. I am completely aligned with all the other comments made. It’s unmotivating and I truly am considering other apps.
  • JobenJoben Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any improvements in performance. If anything, this version is even slower to respond than the old one.

And I really don't like the new UI design. The lack of colour means nothing stands out anymore, so everything is a bit harder to find. It smacks of change for change's sake rather than any thought for the end-user experience.

mtvecchio wrote: »
    This white background is horrible. I am completely aligned with all the other comments made. It’s unmotivating and I truly am considering other apps.

Thank you for providing this feedback regarding the new iOS redesign. We will definitely share your feedback with our team and we appreciate your help as we continue to improve our program!
    edited July 29
  • JobenJoben Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 298Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    cdrjhb007 wrote: »
    Please. Please. PLEASE give us a dark mode option. I log every single day both exercises and meals. I have a 580 day continuous streak going. This all white is really jarring and for those of us with AMOLED screens is taking a toll on battery life.
    Add my vote to a dark mode. Especially since Dark Mode is a big thing in iOS 13

Thanks for the feedback! Currently, we do not offer a dark mode in the app but we will definitely consider this in the future. For now, you can create an accessibility shortcut for the "invert colors" option on your iOS device. To do so, open the settings app on your device > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut > Smart Invert colors. Now any time you wish to invert colors, just triple tap the home button and confirm the change.
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 1,853Member Member Posts: 1,853Member Member
    (Oh yes, and after using it for several days, I can definitely confirm that performance is worse, at least for me. There's now consistently a lag of several seconds between tapping any control and anything happening. I know my iPad isn't the most recent, but no other app is anything like this slow on it.)
  • Amethy5tAmethy5t Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I hate it so much! Please bring back the blue, so much more user friendly. More than 1000 day streak here and I’ve just spent an hour checking out alternatives.
  • sharonlusksharonlusk Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    I agree. I am with you. Have used MFP for years. Hate this screen so much, I’m considering changing. It’s a bit like loosing a best friend.
  • sharonlusksharonlusk Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    This is a New Coke worthy change
  • fjacquette1fjacquette1 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Yah, it's a pretty terrible redesign with questionable goals. Labeling controls in ALL CAPS makes them harder to distinguish - Microsoft went through that phase with their Office apps and quickly walked away from it. The loss of color is both aesthetically ugly and makes it harder to pick features out.

The only positive change is that not having an article image directly behind the add button means I no longer accidentally open my browser when I misclick.

Well, at least I have a new "redesigns gone wrong" example to present to my UI classes.
  • cmsmith8cmsmith8 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    I also want the dark mode back and the totals at the bottom of the daily page
    Thank you all for your feedback. Please join us in the 19.8.0 discussion here
This discussion has been closed.