Trouble staying to 1200 net calories

2»

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    @kimondo666
    di969jxo53fi.png

This is shell included, so yes, your egg is bigger.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2019
    rerikku wrote: »
    Thanks kimondo666! I have cut all processed foods out. But nuts are insanely high calorie (though I need the protein) and I feel like I have no options but salad. May be me complaining more than anything

Nuts aren't all that high in protein anyway. Grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs and beans for salads. If you are vegetarian - Greek yogurt is in high protein. 2% Greek yogurt, berries and Fiber One cereal is a filling breakfast for me.

That said, protein, fiber and fat are filling components but it's a different combination for everyone. Try changing up meal timing too. You shouldn't have to feel hungry....you don't earn extra misery points.

Find good habits while dieting that you can continue into maintenance. Weight loss is just the first step. "I have cut out all processed foods" doesn't sound like a forever plan, and isn't necessary for weight loss either. It's all about the calories in vs. calories out.

• WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    whmscll wrote: »
    Nuts are not that great for protein either, especially for the amount of fat and calories. Meat, chicken, tuna, shrimp, tilapia, other fish, Greek yogurt, tofu, milk, powdered protein are all good sources.

What about beans? If you want real healthy protein, eat more beans...
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    edited August 2019
    like almost everyone says, nuts are packed with fat - not a great source of protein.

great and fast sources of protein include egg beaters or egg whites with cheese, cottage cheese, lentils,low fat cheese, 0% greek yogurt, 2% greek yogurt, dannon light & fit yogurt is yummy and only 80 calories per cup. light cheese sticks are easy to eat as is sliced low fat cheese, and they're easy to bring with you. a glass of low or non-fat milk's fast and easy. extra firm tofu or cooked chicken breast pieces heated and tossed in your favorite dressing.

or how about protein drinks or quest bars? i love the double chocolate chunk flavor and the apple pie. around 200 calories, 20 grams of protein.

btw, OP - are you doing things like going for walks, working out or cleaning energetically? if so, add those activities to the exercise section of MFP and it will give you credit for the calories you use.
  • duncaneyre76
    duncaneyre76 Posts: 1 Member
    This sounds a bit too simple but I found it helped me to have a very low cal breakfast which just got me through to lunch without being too hungry. This gave me much more allowance remaining for the rest of the day.
    Also remember to drink lots of water. Dehydration can feel the same as hunger and after a glass of water the feeling may go away. Good luck :)