Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• Tinydancer106Tinydancer106 Member Posts: 3,679 Member Member Posts: 3,679 Member
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I have met some interesting people over the years.Two US presidents, several Foreign ministers, etc, but can count as close friends Shirley Temple (Black), the eldest granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi, the Maharaja of Boroda, and an older gent who was a young boy in Tombstone, Arizona in October 1881 (and knew the Earps, Clantons, et al.)

That's amazing! I'm sure they think you're a pretty interesting person too!.....I know I do now😎🤘🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Tinydancer106Tinydancer106 Member Posts: 3,679 Member Member Posts: 3,679 Member
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    Fun fact about myself... when I was in college I dressed up as Vader and went to my French class that way. Then afterwards I went to the undergrad library and asked them if they had the plans for the rebel base. The librarian there said "ummmm... maybe try the map library." Side note: I'm 5'3" so I made a very short, round Vader.

(Congrats to Deadman on the sobriety. I'll have a tonic with lime.)

This is cracking me up!!! .....but it's good to know where to find those plans .....🤔🤷🏻‍♀️😎🤘🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • imfornd70imfornd70 Member Posts: 552 Member Member Posts: 552 Member
    at the same time when i was 19 I could

hit a High E singing
    run a 4.3 40 yard dash
    bench press 440 pounds

Now I eat oreo cookies and
  • cdubks88cdubks88 Member Posts: 3,541 Member Member Posts: 3,541 Member
    Loved football as a kid and it truly was my first love of sports. Got hurt pretty bad and decided to venture out into hoops.

I spent exhaustive amounts of time practicing at the local college gym because dad worked there and we got access by proxy as kids anytime it wasn't being used. Also because they had the 3pt line way before high school in KS. Spent much of my middle school/high school years working out there, often times with the whole gym to myself.

My senior year was the first year in KS we had the 3pt line. That season I hit end-of-game 3s to beat our county rivals in both home and away games. I set the record for number of 3s in a game and season (which wasn't saying much being the first season). Ironically,
    I think the single game record may still stand......
    😆😆😆

We were all close friends having played sports against/with each other outside school and I got a lot of grief from them about it. 😆😆😆

Went on to be a multi-sport athlete in college.
    edited January 30
  • dallsop417dallsop417 Member Posts: 1,031 Member Member Posts: 1,031 Member
    I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles over the course of my lifetime

You can only count half of those miles though as the other half was free 😂
  • johnbtay3johnbtay3 Member Posts: 168 Member Member Posts: 168 Member
    I have three educational degrees. I took cake decorating classes. I love to bake and cook.
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Member Posts: 9,321 Member Member Posts: 9,321 Member
    I can't roll my tongue or whistle

...wow, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here
  • tinak33tinak33 Member Posts: 9,886 Member Member Posts: 9,886 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Same.
    Well, I can kinda whistle, but it's the wrong way (I suck air in instead of out) and it doesn't sound the same.
  • mattig89chmattig89ch Member Posts: 2,607 Member Member Posts: 2,607 Member
    I can wiggle my ears independently of eachother
  • dallsop417dallsop417 Member Posts: 1,031 Member Member Posts: 1,031 Member
    In 4th Grade I faked an eye exam because I wanted to have glasses. A week later, when I realized I could not wear them, I told my parents I was magically cured.

😂. I have 15 pairs of glasses and each has 10 different coloured lenses, none are prescription.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 2,498 Member Member Posts: 2,498 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I can wiggle my ears independently of eachother

AGT watch out. :)
    I'm actually jealous, I've always wanted to wiggle my ears. Always wanted to touch my tongue to my nose too. Ah well. But I can roll my tongue. And that old bar trick of placing a pile of quarters on your elbow then flip your hand back down and catch them all without dropping one? I got pretty good at that. :)
  • jeepmanromerojeepmanromero Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    Back when I was I school, I was told to write a few pages about anything I wanted, for english class. I had trouble deciding what to write about as most things of interest to me would take more than a couple of pages to write about. I asked if I can make it longer, and after getting the ok I decided to write a paper/thesis on connections between brain disorders and violent criminals. So about a month after handing this in, I had 2 people come to my school to talk to me about the paper, which my English teacher sent them, saying they were from oxford university and they wanted me to go study there with them.

Oxford is an amazing place. I enjoy going to England any chance I get.
  • emeraldeyes2020emeraldeyes2020 Member Posts: 231 Member Member Posts: 231 Member
    dallsop417 wrote: »
    Back when I was I school, I was told to write a few pages about anything I wanted, for english class. I had trouble deciding what to write about as most things of interest to me would take more than a couple of pages to write about. I asked if I can make it longer, and after getting the ok I decided to write a paper/thesis on connections between brain disorders and violent criminals. So about a month after handing this in, I had 2 people come to my school to talk to me about the paper, which my English teacher sent them, saying they were from oxford university and they wanted me to go study there with them.

👏🏻 that’s a huge achievement 👍
    Vikka_V wrote: »

🤣🤣🤣🤣💗🤗...I love this chick!😂
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 13,210 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13,210 Member
    By the time I was 13yrs old in 7th grade I hated school, wanted nothing to do with my parents and cared about very little except boys.
    Mostly older boys.
    My poor parents, lol.
  • jiujitsudad15118jiujitsudad15118 Member Posts: 357 Member Member Posts: 357 Member
    i got snakes....and rats
  • Deadman_DiggingupDeadman_Diggingup Member Posts: 2,827 Member Member Posts: 2,827 Member
    I put honey in my scrambled eggs. I know, gross right? Not fried eggs. Not boiled eggs. Not poached eggs. Not green eggs and ham..... only scrambled. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Member Posts: 2,765 Member Member Posts: 2,765 Member
    I put honey in my scrambled eggs. I know, gross right? Not fried eggs. Not boiled eggs. Not poached eggs. Not green eggs and ham..... only scrambled. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I put maple syrup 😋