Hey, fun fact. . . Tell me a fun fact about yourself!

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Fun fact about myself... when I was in college I dressed up as Vader and went to my French class that way. Then afterwards I went to the undergrad library and asked them if they had the plans for the rebel base. The librarian there said "ummmm... maybe try the map library." Side note: I'm 5'3" so I made a very short, round Vader.

(Congrats to Deadman on the sobriety. I'll have a tonic with lime.)

This is cracking me up!!! .....but it's good to know where to find those plans .....πŸ€”πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ€˜πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
  • imfornd70
    imfornd70 Posts: 552 Member
    at the same time when i was 19 I could

hit a High E singing
    run a 4.3 40 yard dash
    bench press 440 pounds

Now I eat oreo cookies and
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,561 Member
    edited January 2020
    Loved football as a kid and it truly was my first love of sports. Got hurt pretty bad and decided to venture out into hoops.

I spent exhaustive amounts of time practicing at the local college gym because dad worked there and we got access by proxy as kids anytime it wasn't being used. Also because they had the 3pt line way before high school in KS. Spent much of my middle school/high school years working out there, often times with the whole gym to myself.

My senior year was the first year in KS we had the 3pt line. That season I hit end-of-game 3s to beat our county rivals in both home and away games. I set the record for number of 3s in a game and season (which wasn't saying much being the first season). Ironically,
    I think the single game record may still stand......
    πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

We were all close friends having played sports against/with each other outside school and I got a lot of grief from them about it. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Went on to be a multi-sport athlete in college.
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    I have driven hundreds of thousands of miles over the course of my lifetime

You can only count half of those miles though as the other half was free πŸ˜‚
  • johnbtay3
    johnbtay3 Posts: 168 Member
    I have three educational degrees. I took cake decorating classes. I love to bake and cook.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,562 Member
    I can't roll my tongue or whistle

...wow, I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,885 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: Β»

Same.
    Well, I can kinda whistle, but it's the wrong way (I suck air in instead of out) and it doesn't sound the same.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I can wiggle my ears independently of eachother
  • dallsop417
    dallsop417 Posts: 1,031 Member
    In 4th Grade I faked an eye exam because I wanted to have glasses. A week later, when I realized I could not wear them, I told my parents I was magically cured.

πŸ˜‚. I have 15 pairs of glasses and each has 10 different coloured lenses, none are prescription.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 8,599 Member
    I can wiggle my ears independently of eachother

AGT watch out. :)
    I'm actually jealous, I've always wanted to wiggle my ears. Always wanted to touch my tongue to my nose too. Ah well. But I can roll my tongue. And that old bar trick of placing a pile of quarters on your elbow then flip your hand back down and catch them all without dropping one? I got pretty good at that. :)
  • jeepmanromero
    jeepmanromero Posts: 111 Member
    Back when I was I school, I was told to write a few pages about anything I wanted, for english class. I had trouble deciding what to write about as most things of interest to me would take more than a couple of pages to write about. I asked if I can make it longer, and after getting the ok I decided to write a paper/thesis on connections between brain disorders and violent criminals. So about a month after handing this in, I had 2 people come to my school to talk to me about the paper, which my English teacher sent them, saying they were from oxford university and they wanted me to go study there with them.

Oxford is an amazing place. I enjoy going to England any chance I get.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Back when I was I school, I was told to write a few pages about anything I wanted, for english class. I had trouble deciding what to write about as most things of interest to me would take more than a couple of pages to write about. I asked if I can make it longer, and after getting the ok I decided to write a paper/thesis on connections between brain disorders and violent criminals. So about a month after handing this in, I had 2 people come to my school to talk to me about the paper, which my English teacher sent them, saying they were from oxford university and they wanted me to go study there with them.

πŸ‘πŸ» that’s a huge achievement πŸ‘
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: Β»

πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ’—πŸ€—...I love this chick!πŸ˜‚
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    By the time I was 13yrs old in 7th grade I hated school, wanted nothing to do with my parents and cared about very little except boys.
    Mostly older boys.
    My poor parents, lol.
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    i got snakes....and rats
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I put honey in my scrambled eggs. I know, gross right? Not fried eggs. Not boiled eggs. Not poached eggs. Not green eggs and ham..... only scrambled. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    I put honey in my scrambled eggs. I know, gross right? Not fried eggs. Not boiled eggs. Not poached eggs. Not green eggs and ham..... only scrambled. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I put maple syrup πŸ˜‹
  • Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,316 Member
    I am not a bartender anymore :D