1 1/2 month of keto.

13»

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Awesome progress - you look great and must feel so as well - congratulations! Your face appears so much younger and healthier too.
    If you do not mind my asking, would you say if the spots on your skin in the after pictures (body) are from sun exposure or the diet or something else? You do not have to answer if you do not feel comfortable disclosing. Thanks!

@anonuser369

Thanks!!

I recently bought an old house, it's a construction zone. The befores are taken in a mirror in front of a lit bar area. The afters are taken in a bathroom mirror with lamp light in a very, very old spotted mirror.

Not on purpose, just the bar area is having floor replaced and wasn't accessible. And haven't really started renovating the bathroom yet, except some paint/primer. The old mirror is one of the first things that needs to go in there!! But the spots are on the mirror not me.

Unless talking about stretch marks on the stomach... lol Those are all mine.. But probably more visible in before pictures. Had those since heart failure.

• Emmapatterson1729
    2y5mkdpt5x2m.jpg

Bad mirror! ;)
  • ProgressShowing
    ProgressShowing Posts: 62 Member

[/quote]

I have a great and wonderful, somewhat small, friends list going on here. And some post success pics. I tried over and over to post to wall. It would say loaded.. Then error message "unable to load"...

Originally, I never intended on sharing pics and take the pics for myself and family. But I'm not lying when I say I was shocked at those last progress pics I took. I had just switched from daily pics to weekly... Because the weight loss was actually starting to slow down.

I absolutely love the feeling of losing. The better I feel, the better life gets!!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments!!![/quote]

Yeah, I started taking pics every Friday morning (called it Photo Friday... imagine that!) and it was very motivating to try and 'look good' for the camera. After awhile, it became a chore.

Actually, I did just start back up so my list of friends is one... 😕😃 It's okay though, I can post my candid progress pics without offending anyone! ☺️☺️☺️

Keep on doing what you're doing!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Photo-Friday...I like that. I can't look at it as a chore. It is the only way I can tell what I look like.

I have a REALLY messed up distorted self image in mirrors. I can't trust my own reflection. It's crazy to even me.
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    2y5mkdpt5x2m.jpg

Bad mirror! ;)

Thanks!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited September 2019
    Update, been at keto for another month.

Starting to realize it doesn't seem sustainable for most. I started out thinking it was the best woe ever. I see so many start and quit within a month.

Even, I am starting to feel a little deprived, missing breads. But if I eat breads, I end up in pain.

I have upped carbs by about 10-30 net carbs a day (adding more higher carb fruits in) usually daily, I am trying to up proteins and drop fat intake a little.

Diet now consist of daily trying to add a peach, plum, nectarine, etc. Still eating low carb veggies (everything other than potatoes, yams, and corn) and still eating avocados, tomatoes, onions and peppers.

And still cooking meats and veggies in olive oil.

Have dropped more inches. Am going to take new progress pictures this weekend on my days off work.

Good luck losing and getting healthy!

If determined to try keto, try not to stress about it. Going under 15-20 net grams is challenging and can feel too restrictive for the long haul. Keto low technically is considered 50 net grams or lower.. don't feel pressured to drop below 15. No need to spend money on expensive "keto" marketed products.

Keep electrolytes up (Potassium, sodium, and magnesium). Drink plenty of water. And it's not advised to start workouts the first couple of months of keto. If you do, keep it light!

Note: aside from initial water weight loss, longer term studies show at the end of studies those on keto and traditional calorie deficit lost the same amount.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!